• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sword Art Online II |OT| Two Years Worth of Anticipation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because it implies that the one the one that put them in that prison to fight for 2 years for their lives may have used them as literal experimental subjects for the medicubethingie that is poised to help so many and potentially save lives.

I thought it made Kayaba so much more human then the original series really showed.
If I remember correctly the novels do go into more detail into this then the very quick mention that this episode gave but I think the point remains the same.
The guy who caused the deaths of thousands and also took away 2 years+ from Kirito and everyone else was also the one who was able to give Yuuki and the others this opportunity, even if he wasn't directly involved in this arc.

Well it seems like everyone understands why this arc is most of our favorites from the books. I'm really curious if we'll get a season 3 or not (I have no idea how the ratings for this or the first season were) and when we'll get said season if they do end up doing it as the current arc (which is what 4+ books now?) is still ongoing as far as I know. I started reading them but stopped early on, really should get back into that at some point.

fertygo

I bet we'll getting this in next 4 year

SAO Progressive S1
SAO S3
SAO Progressive S2
SAO S4 (Ending the current ongoing giga arc)
Plus an movie and 2-3 video games.

More SAO for everybody!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Hexa said:
but even then no waifu stuff.
NOTE: I'm not completely caught up with the novels though.
It's weird, because the girl-harem is only implied in the arc, but a certain character actually mocks Kirito for it out of nowhere. But on the whole - the thing devolved into something like Tenjou-Tenge, most of the time in last two volumes is spent on badly written fights.

Defuser

So, what's the consensus here on Sinon?

Has a crush on Kirito like every other female or the sole exception?

Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san!

naeS

Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san! Asada-san!

ha

mdubs

Banned
Cat Sinon is best Sinon

tumblr_ndnw9olvM81tyzl2ro2_500.gif

Have been getting into this (I find it hard to get into most anime), really enjoyed it until

SAO is suddenly cleared and then he joins a new game because his gf is conveniently in that one, which sounds like a poor effort to generate more story/change the setting.

Does it get better from this point on?

darkwing

Have been getting into this (I find it hard to get into most anime), really enjoyed it until

SAO is suddenly cleared and then he joins a new game because his gf is conveniently in that one, which sounds like a poor effort to generate more story/change the setting.

just go with the flow, I may be in the minority but I liked it

It was based off the novels which they pretty much followed to the T outside of leaving out a certain pointless arc. I thought it was fine outside of the overly cheesy villain but the second season is much much better.

just go with the flow, I may be in the minority but I liked it

It was based off the novels which they pretty much followed to the T outside of leaving out a certain pointless arc. I thought it was fine outside of the overly cheesy villain but the second season is much much better.

As long as it's not Death Note's level of dip in quality.

The writers also like to sure indulge themselves in constant shots of big breasts and helpless females being constantly saved by the male hero and blushing/falling in love with him minutes afterwards. Though I've heard that's sort of typical of most anime.

EDIT: Now there's even tentacles molesting girls and Kirito's apparently so irresistible that
his own cousin has fallen for him, twice over.
These writers...

Well I just finished this. Mother's Rosario took me by surprise. Didn't care for Excalibur. GGO was nice because it seemed like one of the few arcs that didn't end haphazardly. Overall better and less gross than Season 1.

10/10

Corgi

Banned
kirito is just a personification of the pervy writer's wants in life, getting girls and not sucking at video games.

problem is he doesn't play mmos, so the game aspect is real bad lol.

After finishing Season 2 beyond still wishing the VR is real, man I really want a shooter like GGO.
Hub social city in which other matches, gaming tournaments and the like are streamed.
Open world maps as well as extremely rare drops and skills.

Kinda want a PlayStation Home 2.0 that takes inspiration from it.

Talonz

Just binged watched this on Netflix and I liked it for what it was. This show is a guilty pleasure of mine and I love Sinon! The Mother's Rosario arc was very good but even I figured out what was up with Yuuki and I'm usually terrible at figuring stuff out before it's revealed on a show. I can't wait for the next season whenever that comes out.

TUSR

Banned
Just binged watched this on Netflix and I liked it for what it was. This show is a guilty pleasure of mine and I love Sinon! The Mother's Rosario arc was very good but even I figured out what was up with Yuuki and I'm usually terrible at figuring stuff out before it's revealed on a show. I can't wait for the next season whenever that comes out.

you figured out she had super aids?

Just finished watching this.

Sigh, Sword Art Online 1 with Aincrad was poised to be really good until it descended into the problems everyone else in this thread has complained about (Kirito is awful, everyone else exists basically for him). Since Aincrad, the tension has been lost. GGO was pretty bad. Sinon story was bad. Asuna is the best character on the show, so no surprise that Mother's Rozarrio was the best arc in this season.

Incidentally - the environments and backgrounds in this show are always exquisite. That's something that's been unceasingly impressive.

Honestly, this show makes me ache for an anime about living in an MMO with real-life consequences (Aincrad arc) that isn't terribad. I've checked out the first episode of Log Horizon but it seems too goofy. There's so much material to work with in this concept.. the sub-genre needs an Evangelion.

I'll be day 1 for season 3 anyway

TrueBlue

I've heard a lot of things about this show, and have been curious into checking it out. Could anyone give me a quick list of pros/cons or a summary of opinions without spoiling? I want to see if it might be worth giving a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom