• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Symbol for hate groups': Couple told to remove Betsy Ross flag from soccer game

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Last edited:

Shmunter

Aug 25, 2018
Please, please appropriate Nike as the official symbol of hate aka, Conservative.

Yes, want to see the insanity.

• LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Don't get too worked up about it. My family isn't going to do shit anyway. They'll just not and say that's fucked up and then go back to watching television. Just yesterday they told me Clint Eastwood died. So I Google it. He's still alive, it was just a hoax. I don't blame them, really. They aren't as skeptical as I am about things, so they see something on FB and take it at face value.

Honestly, most of what I post here is for entertainment purposes. Serious discussions about real issues? It's fine, but ultimately a waste of time given that none of us, or very few of us, are in a position to change things. Even if we were, what would we change?

Let them reject the flag. It only helps to serve the interests of the national cause. They do our work for us andchsve for years. Nationalists all over the world have seen great success because of the left. We owe them a debt we can never repay, it's true.
I agree to a point. Certainly, most people are not politically engaged, and i hope most people aren't expecting to change the world via tweets or internet posts.

However, i do view intersectionalism as a direct threat to liberty that should not be underestimated due to how embedded it is in youth, media, big tech, academia, and politics.

It will likely pass. But watershed moments do exist. I would like to think that individuals being forced to take down an American flag because it is a hate symbol may rise to that level.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
*feigns outrage*

...But on serious note, if assholes like KKK insist on using the symbol in their rrituals, I wonder why it's connected racism? Meanings over time.

Cases in point: Swastika, Pepe the Frog and I guess to some extent OK sign.
Show me a kkk ritual using a betsy ross flag. This is all nonsense, through and through.

This is not hate groups appropriating symbolism. This is the far left and media appropriating symbolism because they grow in victim power by exagerrating the size and scope of their imaginary oppressors. So then trolls feed them the ok symbol and they feast on it, because now they can claim anyone who ever played the circle game is a white supremacist. But those trolls were just a couple posts that would have been forgotten - the far left grabbed them and made it real.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Hey if it's that easy every extreme group out there should start using every symbol out there we hold dear. The statue of liberty, the liberty bell, the Lombardi Trophy, Lord Stanley's Cup, Apple's logo.

And watch so many pussy bitch people and companies scramble to change their logo because it's "now associated with hate groups."

And then the hate groups should start using those new altered logos as their new logos.... and watch the companies change it again.

And on and on and on. If it's that easy to just "claim" a symbol you don't own while bitches bow down and scurry off.
You are way behind the curve man. It is not extemists that started using the symbol.
It is trolls and shitposters, like myself, that think it is incredibly funny to post some complete nonsense and then watch the retard far-left bite, line hook and sinker. It is really fun to do and watch.

Wait until the us national anthem is super racist. It will happen. Within a year. And me and others on 4chan will laugh our asses off when the retards overreacts. As they always do.

The challenge is like "what stupid shit can we trigger the crazy left to ban next?"

Last edited:

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Show me a kkk ritual using a betsy ross flag. This is all nonsense, through and through.

This is not hate groups appropriating symbolism. This is the far left and media appropriating symbolism because they grow in victim power by exagerrating the size and scope of their imaginary oppressors. So then trolls feed them the ok symbol and they feast on it, because now they can claim anyone who ever played the circle game is a white supremacist. But those trolls were just a couple posts that would have been forgotten - the far left grabbed them and made it real.

Obama confirmed KKK!

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
*feigns outrage*

...But on serious note, if assholes like KKK insist on using the symbol in their rrituals, I wonder why it's connected racism? Meanings over time.

Cases in point: Swastika, Pepe the Frog and I guess to some extent OK sign.
Revisionist historian.

Reactions: autoduelist

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
propagandists are always revealed in time to be liars. those who attempt to cover up or alter history are inevitably doomed. fascists and others who want to control the narrative are playing a fool's game.
I think movies and tv constantly reimagining history are doing a number on our collective consciousness.
definitely. people think fantasy and fiction more or less resemble real life, they have supplanted historical knowledge with entertainment. in truth if people read about the facts of the medieval era they would realize it is far more interesting and significant than anything some fat bearded guy in New Jersey imagines at a Starbucks one day. i've heard tv critics that are fans of GOT claim that the middle ages "lasted a couple hundred years" and found it incredulous that 1,000 years would pass without a drastic technological development. the truth is the middle ages did last a thousand years and with little technological evolution. the stuff they found silly in a tv show ripping off real medieval life actually happened IRL. and these are self styled "intellectuals"! the cultural gatkeepers of our time lol. people are being made ignorant by entertainment and the blind leading the blind.

a lot of people are convinced that online is "more real than the real world" and they spend all day discussing fictions of one kind or another. people are for the most part entirely detached from the real world. they live in a comforting, numbing virtual reality that they are unaware of. still, it's a virtual reality that exists within a real reality, and books are relics from that. all you have to do is pick up a book. sadly that is a bit much to ask these days.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Knowing the history of hooligan violence and racism that exists with the game, I'd say that Soccer is the problem. Not the Betsy Ross U.S. Flag.