• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Fantasies (SE concert in Cologne) will be LIVE STREAMED tomorrow 12.09.2009

Magnus said:
I hadn't heard of Cologne before the games con recently held there and this concert today. :lol :lol

Figures, two gaming-related events put it on the map for me. I love your city, Cologne-GAFfers.
we have a lot of japanese tourists because of our cathedral ^^

Koelner_Dom.jpg

LowParry

rockman zx said:
That is my first live videogame music concert and it was mind blowing, a big applause to the people that make it happend through internet, thank you very much.

I want something like this but with Capcom music.

Think of what Konami could do :D MGS? Castlevania?

Shadow780

Gilgamesh said:
The only complaint I have is that there was too much FFVII in the Uematsu set.

Can't be helped, it's always the "safer" choice, to satisfy majority of the audience.

Even though I have to say that Battle Theme is beyond heavenly.

Diablos

Ruuppa said:
I agree wholeheartedly. First the tease to Chocobo and then the solo-percussion? Insane, but in a great way. Although I would have preferred it if they had left OWA to just that tease, and replaced it with something else in the encore(just don't ask me what).
Eh, if that was the only thing less-than-stellar about the performance I'd still be willing to give it a 10/10 for originality alone.

Geneijin

But yeah, before I leave this thread, thanks Rektash for the thread and nod to this event. It was a great experience, and my viewing of it wouldn't have been possible without you. :D

McNum

CcrooK said:
Think of what Konami could do :D MGS? Castlevania?

For some reason, I think a Sega themed concert could be fun. Nintendo, too, if it wasn't because the Mario and Zelda themes already have been set to orchestra several times.

Still, this was good. I kind of though that it was the older songs who performed better in this arrangement. I mean Ansem's boss theme sounded pretty much like it did in the game, while Lavos' was a massive improvement on an already powerful theme. One Winged Angel was fun, mainly because how they teased it. One Winged Chocobo.

Rengoku

Alright folks, video capture looks pretty good. Not sure if theres any stuttering or syncing issues, but I haven't encountered any so far.

Symphonic Fantasies Concert 2009 in Cologne:

Part 1 - Torrent (547 MB)
Part 2 & 3 - Torrent (681 MB)

Note: Video recorder stopped midway through the stream for some reason, but thankfully it was only when the announcer guy was talking, so you don't really miss out on anything. Anyway, that's why theres 2 parts in the second torrent.

Also, 2nd torrent u/l speed will be limited while I try to get the 1st one fully seeded.

If you're having trouble playing the video, try using Media Player Classic.

Enjoy!

Drakken

SDZeta said:
Every time I think of Rony Barrak, I think of this video of him playing Daytona USA's Let's Go Away with Takenobu Mitsuyoshi.

Haha, I just watched that for old time's sake after seeing him in this concert. Gotta love Mitsuyoshi's enthusiasm and cracking voice.

McNum

GCX said:
There's so much Nintendo stuff that hasn't gotten proper orchestratrations though. Fire Emblem alone would deserve a concert of its own with tracks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWbM4LcNmjc&feature=related

I know how big a music library Nintendo has. I mean SSBB alone has over 250 songs and people still complain that some of their favorites were missing. A not-Mario and not-Zelda concert could be interesting. Metroid, Star Fox, and Pokémon need orchestral love, too.

orioto

Good Art™
Rengoku said:
Alright folks, video capture looks pretty good. Not sure if theres any stuttering or syncing issues, but I haven't encountered any so far.

Part 1 - Torrent
Part 2 & 3 - Torrent

Note: Video recorder stopped midway through the stream for some reason, but thankfully it was only when the announcer guy was talking, so you don't really miss out on anything. Anyway, that's why theres 2 parts in the second torrent.

Enjoy!

BabyNobuo.jpg

Delriach

Banned
Rengoku said:

Part 1 - Torrent
Part 2 & 3 - Torrent

Enjoy!

My savior. Thank you very much. I plan on putting this onto the PS3 :D

Rengoku said:

Part 1 - Torrent
Part 2 & 3 - Torrent

Also, 2nd torrent u/l speed will be limited while I try to get the 1st one fully seeded.

Enjoy!

you sir, are awesome! :D

Shadow780

Rengoku said:

Enjoy!

I love you!
and your avatar~

Diagol

Rengoku said:

Enjoy!

That you SO much man!!!

This concert was so awesome!

jett

D-Member
This was truly amazing. The Chrono part was my favorite. Many thanks to the OP for bringing this to our attention. :)

Xater

I also contacted the WDR to ask in how and when they will release this concert. I will keep you updated if I get an answer.

jett

D-Member
KajunW said:
Okay, I youtubed some bits of the concert. This is the DSL version, so not optimal quality, but this is for those who are inpatient and missed the show or want to relive it now, instead of downloading rengoku's torrent.

Chrono Medley part one

Chrono Medley part two

Secret of Mana medley part one

Secret of Mana medley part two

More to follow (vids may not be processed yet).

THANKS! Man I love how they intertwined Chrono Trigger with Scars of Time. It's so good.

Chris R

Rengoku said:

Enjoy!
Downloaded, will seed to at least a 1.5 ratio :D Thanks for this

B.K.

jett said:
THANKS! Man I love how they intertwined Chrono Trigger with Scars of Time. It's so good.

That was actually what I hated most about the concert. They ruined Chrono Trigger. :(

McNum

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but look at the Symphonic Fantasies logo. A heart, a tree, a clock, and a crystal. Subtle but distinct nods to each series.

KajunW

KajunW said:
Okay, I youtubed some bits of the concert. This is the DSL version, so not optimal quality, but this is for those who are inpatient and missed the show or want to relive it now, instead of downloading rengoku's torrent.

Chrono Medley part one

Chrono Medley part two

Secret of Mana medley part one

Secret of Mana medley part two

More to follow (vids may not be processed yet).

...and the rest:

Kingdom Hearts medley part one

Kingdom Hearts medley part two

Final Fantasy medley part one

Final Fantasy medley part two

Encore: Final Boss medley

What I like about this concert is the arrangements are far from standard. You see so many straightforward arrangements these days, so this was definitely refreshing to hear. And, as some posters have noted, Secret of Mana arrangements are so rare, it was a pleasure to hear from it again. Although I wish they'd played the Mana Fortress theme (would have been nice instead of The Oracle, which was an odd choice in my opinion).

mastryoda

Neo Member
Rengoku said:

Enjoy!

You sir and your avatar are awesome.

Top Bottom