• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Symphonic Legends London: Music of Zelda (London Symphony Orchestra, July 13th 2014)

Aku-Audi

aP3UIfm.jpg

www.symphoniclegends.com

DwBK8f6.png

- July 13th, 2014. (London)
- New and sophisticated arrangements by Jonne Valtonen, Roger Wanamo.
- All new Overture music from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
- To be performed by an all set 200 person London Symphony Orchestra and London Symphony Choir
- Music from A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, plus many more!!
- Produced by the team behind the world renowned Symphonic Fantasies, Odysseys and Final Symphony concerts.
- In cooperation with Nintendo.

E4cPWaj.png

Barbican Hall, London

jydfc38.png

Barbican Hall - £30-85 (Tickets on sale December 13th)

uK9ZtiW.png

Orchestra: London Symphony Orchestra
Choir: London Symphony Choir
Composer: Nintendo (Koji Kondo, Kenta Nagata, Hajime Wakai, Toru Minegishi, etc)
Arranger: Jonne Valtonen, Roger Wanamo

Executive Producer: Thomas Böcker

9A3xkZ0.png

Official Nintendo Magazine Announcement
Spielemusikkonzerte Announcement
Destructoid news update
VideoGamer.com
Computer and Video Games
ClassicFM news update
Nintendo Life news update
Zelda Informer news update
Go Nintendo news update

Zelda Informer Interview: Thomas Böcker

UMZ70uI.png

om94s16.png
om94s16.png
om94s16.png
haSpT37.png

om94s16.png
om94s16.png
om94s16.png

iYVCRTe.png

* AkumuAudi
* LudwigB
* Hix (+1?)
* Volotaire
* kuroneko0509
* SweetDonuts
* Fammasu (+2)
* Katzenjammer (+1)
* APZonerunner (+1)
* Boy Wander and son

LudwigB

London Symphony Orchestra + Legend of Zelda = The Ultimate Eargasm

Thats coming from a huge Beethoven fan. Thanks for the heads up, will book immediately when the tickets become available.

Final Symphony was amazing so I'll be there, hoping for some Link's Awakening representation
that probably won't happen

Meia

Hope this isn't a bad question, but since these are *always* in inaccessible areas for a lot of us, do they ever release CDs or something of these events? Cause *damn* I want.

Aku-Audi

Hope this isn't a bad question, but since these are *always* in inaccessible areas for a lot of us, do they ever release CDs or something of these events? Cause *damn* I want.

You can find the CDs by clicking the cover art at the bottom of the OP, along with video.

Famassu

Any word on Final Symphony getting a CD release? I journeyed to Wuppertal to listen to it live all the way from North Eastern Finland, but I'd want to relive the eargasm if possible (edit. and no, shitty youtube quality is not what I have in mind).

Jackano

Excellent! Good that sort of concerts happens more an more often. I would like to ear how it gets made, thought.

takriel

As long as they don't play the John Williams theme I'm pretty excited! Can't go to London though, so I'm hoping for a CD release.

Jackano

As long as they don't play the John Williams theme I'm pretty excited! Can't go to London though, so I'm hoping for a CD release.

It never has been a John Williams arrangement. It's an internet myth from the early internet days, just like the System of a Down one that was a -pretty good and funny really- fan remix.
The theme/orchestration you are likely referring to is from the early/mid-90's japanese Orchestral Game concerts:
http://vgmdb.net/album/877

Anyway, what's good is that they claim to have new arrangements, which is very likely the case because of their past concerts. That's the real thing then.
What was cheap about Tomy Tallarico's Video Games Live was those Mario/Zelda pieces from the OGCs.

I also hope the Symphny of the Goddesses tracks will not be the only ones played for the next couple of decades, but it seems we are now in another times for VG music, so, I'm optimistic.

Frodo

I am so going at this!

I've been to the Symphony of the Goddess this year and it was amazing! Also: Streetpass! Hundreds of Streetpass! :D

I managed to get two! Middle of row L in the stalls for me. Booking was a bit tricky since it showed some tickets as available that you couldn't actually book (guessing that they were just being "held" in someone's basket).

Wondering how much will be recycled and how much will be newly arranged, they already have an excellent suite from the previous "Legends" as well as the recent Wind Waker-suite (I wouldn't mind hearing either of them again).

Aku-Audi

Looks like most if not all of the balcony seats are now sold out. Other sections are going quite quickly too. For those of you who are going, this will be guarenteed one of the most incredible concerts you attend, as both the LSO and the production team are incredibly excited for do Legend of Zelda music.

The size alone is one of the largest ensembles ever for a video game concert, 200 musicians on stage!

Got two tickets at the front row in the balcony :)
Will travel from Oslo with the missus for this, as it's a nice excuse for a weekend holiday.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for this thread Aku! Wouldn't have known about the concert without it!

Aku-Audi

Got two tickets at the front row in the balcony :)
Will travel from Oslo with the missus for this, as it's a nice excuse for a weekend holiday.

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for this thread Aku! Wouldn't have known about the concert without it!

I'm traveling out of Oslo too, with the missus. Not yours...I hope. That would be awkward.

For those who aren't familiar with the previous productions and would like to know more, I did a long 4 part sit down interview with the team earlier this year.

Symphonic Memories (Part 1) (Part 2) (Part 3) (Part 4)

Booked as a treat for me and my 9 year old. He loves Zelda music - I often catch him humming Lost Woods to himself. He's gonna be blown away! EXCITE!!!

Aku-Audi

Majora's Mask gets the shaft... One of the series' greatest scores.

Ah you looked into the future and know the full program? Please let us know all the music that will be represented!

Booked as a treat for me and my 9 year old. He loves Zelda music - I often catch him humming Lost Woods to himself. He's gonna be blown away! EXCITE!!!

Sounds like the best experience a young boy can have.

Attendance list updated.

There's a few tickets left still, but they'll be gone so if you want to secure a seat then jump on the Zelda train and join in.

Speaking of trains, I started playing Spirit Tracks for the first time this weekend, and the overworld theme really needs to be at least quoted sometime during the concert, it's just that good. A handheld-suite in general would be very nice, even as an encore-piece (in which case I'd love to hear "Yuga's theme" sung by the choir).

Aku-Audi

Zelda Informer said:
ZI: How much involvement has Nintendo had in the project?

Thomas: For every project that Nintendo approves officially, such as Symphonic Legends London, Nintendo must be involved in the whole process. For example, there is no question if the music department will check all scores and will comment on them, it is a requirement, and for us a very welcome requirement, honestly. It is wonderful receiving feedback, and as a matter of a fact Koji Kondo officially stated that he was impressed by Jonne Valtonen’s Symphonic Poem on the music of The Legend of Zelda, and would definitely want to attend a performance of the piece one day. So to answer your question, Nintendo will be involved in the whole process naturally, and thanks to their trust in our work and our long relationship, we will have all needed artistic freedom as usual.

ZI: What can fans expect from Symphonic Legends London?

Thomas: Superlatives. Incredible scores arranged by the most experienced team on video game music concerts, performed by one of the best orchestras in the world, supported by a most excellent choir. In short, one of the world’s biggest video game music concerts to date.

People who attended our concerts such as Symphonic Fantasies or Final Symphony know we are not taking these concerts lightly. We are not here to just simply produce a good Legend of Zelda concert; the goal is presenting the very best symphonic experience of music from the Zelda series.

http://www.zeldainformer.com/articles/interview-pt.-1-with-symphonic-legends-london

-MB-

So tomorrow is the day, wondering if there is anyway to listen to it via an audio stream like with the other ones.

Just so people are aware, the LSO aren't some two-bit orchestra who'll play anything for money. They are legit one of the finest orchestras in the world, and iirc the orchestra used by John Williams to do the majority of his classic soundtracks. The same orchestra that recorded Star Wars and Raiders is now doing a Zelda concert. That's a pretty big deal.

You have no idea how gutted I am to be missing this.

Ah you looked into the future and know the full program? Please let us know all the music that will be represented!

"- Music from A Link To The Past, Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, plus many more!!"

:(

What I'd do for "Pirates Fortress", "Ikana Castle", "Last End", "Astral Observatory", and "Majora's Mask Battle"...

:(

Top Bottom