• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Synapse Films' 4K Restoration of Suspiria now available for pre-order

creatchee

https://synapse-films.com/dvds/suspiria-40th-anniversary-limited-edition-steelbook/

IMG_3349.jpg

(Good god what a gorgeous cover)

There will only be 6,000 copies pressed, so if you have any interest in this whatsoever, I suggest you order it soon.

Features

• Limited edition of only 6000 units produced
  • Exclusive Steelbook packaging and collector's o-card sleeve, featuring artwork from Malleus, Van Orton Design, Juan José Saldarriaga & Chris MacGibbon
  • Three disc [Two Blu-rays + One CD] limited collector’s edition (only 6000 units) containing a new 4K restoration of the original uncut, uncensored Italian 35mm camera negative exclusively done by Synapse Films, with color correction supervised and approved by SUSPIRIA Director of Photography, Luciano Tovoli
  • Original 4.0 1977 English language LCRS sound mix not heard since the theatrical release in 1977, presented in high-resolution DTS-HD MA 96 Khz/24-bit audio
  • Italian 5.1 surround sound mix
  • Two audio commentaries by authors and Argento scholars, Derek Botelho, David Del Valle & Troy Howarth
  • Do You Know Anything About Witches? - 30 minute SUSPIRIA visual essay written, edited and narrated by Michael Mackenzie
  • Suzy in Nazi Germany – Featurette on the German locations from SUSPIRIA
  • A Sigh from the Depths: 40 Years of SUSPIRIA – All-new anniversary retrospective on the making of the film and its influence on cinema
  • Olga’s Story – Interview with star Barbara Magnolfi
  • Original theatrical trailers, TV spots and radio spots
  • Special Collector Edition Booklet containing an American Cinematographer interview with Luciano Tovoli, liner notes by Derek Botelho and restoration notes by Vincent Pereira & Don May, Jr. Cover artwork by Matthew Therrien Illustration
  • “International Classics” English “Breathing Letters” opening credit sequence from U.S. release version
  • Alternate All-English opening and closing credits sequences, playable via seamless branching
  • Newly translated, removable English SDH subtitles for the English language version
  • Newly translated, removable English subtitles for the Italian language version
  • Exclusive CD remaster of Goblin’s SUSPIRIA motion picture soundtrack, containing additional tracks not included on the original 1977 soundtrack release

IMG_3348.jpg

Should be out by the end of the year and I cannot wait!

Riptwo

I've already thrown down the $80something Canadian dollars for this, and I'm trying to figure out a short-term cryogenic solution so that I don't have to wait too long.

UrbanRats

Goddamn, that steelbook looks cool.

Don't even have a 4K screen, but i'm still excited for this, given how gorgeous this movie is.

kunonabi

Preordered this the other day. I was very happy with the Tenebrae and and Phenomena sets so im expecting another excellent release. I wish i had known about the theatre tour as i would loved to see it on the big screen.

nickcv

I'm actually quite surprised the movie is known in English speaking countries. It's there a general appreciation for dario argento work outside of Italy?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I'm actually quite surprised the movie is known in English speaking countries. It's there a general appreciation for dario argento work outside of Italy?

But he's one of the most acclaimed directors ever. I think you missed a lot lol.

Anyone remember back in 2001 waiting for the Anchor Bay 3-disc edition of this and their 2-disc edition of Opera?

That was an interesting day.

samred

yeah I'm less annoyed w/ this being in the gaming section than with this edition being advertised as 4K. no. there was a 4K master somewhere in the chain, but this is for a 1080p blu-ray, not a 4K one.

This is pretty much the Duke Nukem Forever of horror blurays, Synapse has been working on it for a LONG time. I can't wait to see the results. The original 4.0 soundmix is apparently a revelation as well for Suspiria fans, it's supposed to sound incredible.

Too bad there are no theatrical showings near me. I also wish the bd was ready in time for Halloween, but I'm not going to complain too much since I'm excited just to be finally owning it.

yeah I'm less annoyed w/ this being in the gaming section than with this edition being advertised as 4K. no. there was a 4K master somewhere in the chain, but this is for a 1080p blu-ray, not a 4K one.

Well, it was remastered/restored in 4K. It does makes a difference vs being mastered in 2K. Synapse has said they may look into a UHDBD release down the road.

Yea, his movies are pretty revered in horror circles. Especially this one. Also for his affiliation with George Romero (RIP).

I love the color usage in this movie, and I'm a sucker for steelbooks. This one looks too good to pass up. Bought.

The back of the steelbook is fucking incredible......but I don't like that cover at all. It's just some generic witch stuff that doesn't even match anything from the movie?

Hoping to catch a screening in Chicago but to my knowledge they're still saying "TBD" for the date

Is it an actual 4k blu-ray or a 4k remaster on a regular blu-ray?

Seems like it's regular blu-ray. I think I am going to hold and wait for UHD.

Top Bottom