• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syria: 100 killed as bomb hits buses with evacuees, women and children

Status
Not open for further replies.

TarNaru33

Banned
I don't understand, you mean to say the proposal was doomed because it came from Russia? Or that russia sabotaged their own proposal.

I wasn't clear on that line, I mean that Russia going in militarily doomed any military intervention as a failure since U.S can't intervene with a no fly zone etc. now.

Dopus

Banned
Russian proposals don't matter if the rebels don't agree to it whether U.S rejects it or not, I am sure you know this.

Russia is the only thing that doomed it to failure, not Iran and made it a non-solution when they got involved militarily.

Just because it isn't a solution because you don't like the results, do not make it a solution. I can tell you, your idea of a solution is also not a solution because not everyone will agree with the transition and an insurgency will still be present. There is no true solution in that deaths and fighting will stop even with an agreement you know.

I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

There was a proposal, with the support of Assad that explored a transition. This would have needed US support. You're not going to get stability unless the major powers agree on at the very least a basic understanding and actively with towards it.

It's not that I don't like the "solution", I'm telling you that it isn't one. You have Iranian interests in opposition to Saudi and Qatar. You have Russian interests in opposition to the US. Turkey and the Kurds. A mixture of militia and the Syrian government. Nusra, Al-Qaeda and others. Then to mess with all of that you have ISIS thrown into the mix with their own agenda.

Removing Assad is a small part of a larger problem. Syria is in essence the battleground for a multitude of wars or proxy wars. Assad has the full support of Russia and Iran with Iran Quads forces taking a very active role in logistical support. You have to involve these parties to explore the very miniscule opportunity of stability. There was one in 2012. Removing and bombing the regime isn't a solution because of the wider impact it has. The insurgency is going to be there for a while, that we can agree on. But right now the larger issue is dealing with the government itself and ISIS. You can't pin the blame on Russia here when there are so many actors playing the game.

bengraven

My co-worker - "they were warned. They could have been gone but they lingered. It's sad we even have to warn them and let the terrorists run away and civilians get killed instead."

I love how cruelty is perfectly normal behavior for a "good Christian person".

My co-worker - "they were warned. They could have been gone but they lingered. It's sad we even have to warn them and let the terrorists run away and civilians get killed instead."

I love how cruelty is perfectly normal behavior for a "good Christian person".

Such people see themselves as superior to the masses. A massive loss of young lives is just heathens being sentenced to death as it should be.

Removing Assad solves nothing and only makes things much worse

When will the west understand that the western removal of dictators in the Middle East just ain't workin. Maybe America thinks 20th time the charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom