• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syrian Civil War |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish the government would be in bed with someone. Unfortunately, when it comes to the Arab world, we were locked out of the bedroom a long time ago.

Your conspiracy theory doesn't make sense. If Israel is in bed with those holding al-Qaeda's leash, why are al-Qaeda affiliated groups shooting at us from Lebanon and Sinai? Guess the leash isn't tied up well.
Israel doesn't like Islamists, because Islamists all want us dead. al-Qaeda are Islamists and so is the Muslim Brotherhood. Turkey's antisemitic Prime Minister is also an Islamist. Bashar al-Assad is not an Islamist, however his best friends Hizbullah and Iran are Islamists, a fact you seem to be forgetting just because they are Shia or whatever.

Because Israel isn't too concerned with Islamic theology, it has an equal dislike of either school of Islamic fanaticism. Up until recently, Shia Islamists from Iran had no problems funding, training and supplying Sunni Islamists from Hamas and Islamic Jihad.

But all of a sudden we are 'in bed' with the Sunnis. Guess Hamas, Erdogan, the Muslim Brotherhood and random al-Qaeda groups didn't get the memo that we are now best friends.

Secondly, Israel is not pushing for an intervention in Syria, if anything it is cautious about the whole idea. You see, when NATO decides to start getting into Syria we are the ones who will likely get a rain of rockets on our heads. To go through all of that so that some crazy Jabhat al-Nusra people can rise to power? No thank you.

ME Political Discussion 101

When shit hits the fan, blame:

A: Israel
B:USA
C: Israel & USA

Completely hilarious and entering outright conspiracy ground.

EDIT: And those links are still not objective. Still getting the reports from SANA.

I dont support killing of innocent civilians!!

prick!!

Hazrath Ibn Abbas (R.A.) said, Rasoolullahi (Peace Be Upon Upon) looked at Ka'ba and said : "La'ilaha Illallah. You are very pure and your smell is very sweet. You are respectable. (However) the status and honour of a believer is more than you. Allahu Ta'la has prohibited the blood, honour and wealth of believer. Allahu Ta'la has also prohibited thinking of bad thoughts about a believer. (Tabarani)

Hadith 36, Abdulla bin Umar said - I saw the Prophet (SAW) doing tawwaf around the Ka'aba saying "How sweet/ good are you and how sweet is your scent. How great are you and how great is your sanctity. By the One in whose Hands is the soul of Mohammad, the sanctity of a believer is greater with Allah than your sanctity" (Ibn Maja)

hym

Banned
I dont support killing of innocent civilians!!

prick!!

But you do. How did you think Takfiris wage Jihad?

Muslims like this are a whole lot better then me.. Anyone who has the balls to go fight Jihad for the sake of Allah will always get the highest praise from me..

innocence....

The Economist - Interview with Jabhat al-Nusra: It would be great if the Syrians were with us but the kuffar [infidels] are not important. Even Sunnis who want democracy are kuffar as are all Shia. The first duty on us is to fight the kuffar among us here in the occupied Muslim lands.

And I prefer you call me by my proper name instead of prick, hym al-Kafir, I wear it with pride to be distanced from you.

That's low man. Have some respect.

Horrible video.

Edit: what he says is anyone that has the balls to go out, leaves their homes and family to wage jihad is certainly worth respect. That has absolutely NOTHING to say about that he supports the way some chose to do it. What a strawman it's hilarious.

But you do.

so me supporting brothers who fight Jihad against an evil tyrant = the support of killing of innocent civilians..

certain groups may go outside the boundaries of Islam when fighting Jihad but dont dare make a claim that I support that stuff!

That vid is disgusting and I hope Allah grants the brothers that died Al Junnah.

And I prefer you call me by my proper name, Kafir hym, I wear it with pride to be distanced from you.

"brothers" = sectarian hate monger supremacist terrorists in this context.

You two are complete crazies. As extreme in your hate mongering as the people you hate. Please get a grip on yourselves if you think anyone here supports what happened in the video or anything that resembles it.

liger05

"brothers" = sectarian hate monger supremacist terrorists in this context.

If they kill people because they are simply Shia then that is complete wrong.

Just as the scumbags that bombed Sunni mosques in Lebanon yesterday are also wrong.

This is no utopia Jihad force and nobody is claiming so. The majority however only seek to do one thing and that's take down the regime of Assad.

hym

Banned
Notice the 3 Sunni Muslims, all condemn it, none denounce al-Qaeda.

Rationalized by the good old “It's just a couple bad apples”.

So Bin Laden, when he praised the WTC attacks, was he the bad apple or.... because all of them still consider it their greatest accomplishment, which is why they stick with the name and pledge their allegiance to al-Zawahiri.

Syrian Rebels Praise Bin Laden, Celebrate 9/11 Attacks

Appearing delusional is one thing, hypocrites are worse.

liger05

It's just a couple bad apples.

So Bin Laden, when he praised the WTC attacks, was he the bad apple or.... because all of them still consider it their greatest accomplishment, which is why they stick with the name and pledge their allegiance to al-Zawahiri.

Because unlike you I don't see it as some al Qaeda war against the kafir. What you seem ignore is this is not just about isis or Jan. Take them away and there are still a whole bunch of Sunni groups fighting for the same thing. In fact without the Syrian Islamic front there is no Jihad. Are they al Qaeda? No but what they are is brothers in Jihad fighting for the same thing. My prayers ask for victory for the mujahaideen against the tyrant. The group is irrelevant.

This is no utopia Jihad force and nobody is claiming so. The majority however only seek to do one thing and that's take down the regime of Assad.

The majority are perfectly fine with using suicide bombers, cowardly car bombs at markets and mosques, kidnapping and torturing people to squeeze all the money out of them and their family, using child soldiers then when they get shot up using their corpses as propaganda, executing kids (as well as anyone really) of a different religion and claiming they are "shabiha", using high population centers as their base because they want to use the civilians as human shields, invading areas with no strategic value so they can kill hundreds of people of the "wrong religion" and then burn their corpses like nazis and dump the ashes into mass graves, kidnap and beheading christians on camera, raping women and children of both sexes to prove how brave they are, ect, ect

As I said...

Just saw the video entirely what an outright piece of shit he is. Those 3 had nothing to do with the army. Absolutely nothing. And the cameraman has the guts to even utter a takbir after that?

I wish I hadn't seen that video.

Rationalized by the good old “It's just a couple bad apples”.

Syrian Rebels Praise Bin Laden, Celebrate 9/11 Attacks

and that proves that the 3 "sunni Muslims" as you liked to call us all support the killing of innocent civilians.

stop your baseless accusations.

Just saw the video entirely what an outright piece of shit he is. Those 3 had nothing to do with the army. Absolutely nothing. And the cameraman has the guts to even utter a takbir after that?

I wish I hadn't seen that video.

its horrible man!

As I said before your delusional if you think anyone of us support the actions in the video or anything that resembles it. You're just looking for a fight with the wrong guys. because we actually agree with you this time. It's undefendable horror in that video. No matter what anyone says.

liger05

The majority are perfectly fine with using suicide bombers, cowardly car bombs at markets and mosques, kidnapping and torturing people to squeeze all the money out of them and their family, using child soldiers then when they get shot up using their corpses as propaganda, executing kids (as well as anyone really) of a different religion and claiming they are "shabiha", using high population centers as their base because they want to use the civilians as human shields, invading areas with no strategic value so they can kill hundreds of people of the "wrong religion" and then burn their corpses like nazis and dump the ashes into mass graves, kidnap and beheading christians on camera, raping women and children of both sexes to prove how brave they are, ect, ect

As I said...

Sounds just like the SAA you seem to revere so much.

Because it is at this point. No one is objective but phosphor imo and it's basicly people only linking to things that support their own view.

I'd love for OP to get active again. He had some real nice objevtive updates every week.

Sry for spelling etc im on phone

This guy is a Turkish journalist. We know there was a meeting at the White House today. Make of it what you will.

Mahir Zeynalov ‏@MahirZeynalov

It is my understanding that Obama decided to strike Syria and will do it in coordination with Britain, France and Turkey.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
When I look at a video like this, I cant help but feel the Middle East is a lost cause.
Until idiots, like the gunmen in the video, learn to put other peoples lives ahead of their ego's or religious beliefs, the whole region will remain what it currently is.

My great grandfather and great grandmother brought their entire family over to the US from Lebenon in the 1910s. After WWII they traveled back to the Middle East several times. As a child I remember them telling stories of their travels They went to Tripoli, Bagdad, and Tehran. They said how much fun they had. Those cities were quite modern and secular for the time, but still had that old Arabian mystic to them.

Yes, I know the Middle East was ruled by kings back then. A king or a dictator really don't see each other over for any percentage in terms of which one is better.

OH MY GOD.

It was a barrel though not a missile.

innalillah wa inna ilayhi rajiun, inshallah al jannah.

EDIT:
= Harry S. Truman not within striking range yet.

Lol yeah that could also be it.

Just looking over syria related items on Reddit and I notice that a load of them are posted by Hym. Found it quite amusing really.

Link please ?

EDIT: I just watched it again and got my mind into some real pseudo mindset. Like it's insane how you can go from living in this world with your networks, friends, family whatever, to just dying. In one second. Just dying like that. And losing everything.

KingFire

Banned
There are no winners in this conflict. Each side is as bad as the other. Psychopaths, killers, religious maniocs, outside parties, inside parties, killing civilians, and killing women and children.

The brutality I have seen on youtube changed me forever, and changed how I think about Muslims and the Middle East. I can't imagine what the innocent people of Syria are seeing on a daily basis. I can't even imagine being in the shoes of the man who saw his son slowly die due to the latest chemical attack. How are the people of Syria dealing with this conflict?

While people continue to be killed in Syria, you see people starting petitions about Ben Afleck and Walmart. Nobody cares; hell, in reality, even I didn't care enough to do something.

Syria has no oil, so the USA will probably not intervene at this point. People will continue to be killed, and we will continue to watch and argue about the details.

Because it is at this point. No one is objective but phosphor imo and it's basicly people only linking to things that support their own view.

I'd love for OP to get active again. He had some real nice objevtive updates every week.

Sry for spelling etc im on phone

I try... I just want the fighting to stop. =/
I have my biases... I'm Shia. Some of you probably could have guessed it, but I try to be objective. I've seen first hand the effects of religious hate. My uncle was killed, I've had cousins killed. A two friends of the family captured for ransom. 1 was killed, the other (the father) luckily was left alive. His eyes were gouged out though... During Saddam's reign, my father was captured at a checkpoint. He was loaded into a semi truck and was about to get hauled off until they opened the trailer door, asking for my father.

He was an employee of the state. A doctor. He was designated Chief of Medicine in the local hospital in Musayyib, just south of his hometown Baghdad. They said they'd let him life, for the time being. He used that opportunity to gather us (the family) and flee as a refugee to the US.

I learned at a young age about the persecution of Shia. I've lived with it most of my life. Especially after 9/11 in the US. For a while the local Muslims united but then as things in Syria and other countries heated up, anti-Shia sentiment started to rise again. It was upsetting.

It's these lessons I've learned that make me very weary of these conflicts. On one hand, I know Shia's will be targeted, and that makes me personally feel threatened more and more. On the other hand others are getting killed. How am I to pick one over the other?... it keeps me as objective as much as I can get I suppose. =/

=[

This is exactly what I mean...

EDIT: Just read those comments. It's sickening, it terrifies me.

"Cut the hears of the Shitte hahaha"

It's obvious that Obama wants Assad to stop the killing but doesn't want to do anything else other than make empty threats. The "red line," the recent moving of some ships, etc etc. are just him bluffing. Someone posted up above that Obama and some other European countries decided to strike but I'm really skeptical.

Though even if they did intervene, what would be the consequences? The chances of foreign troops in Syria is basically zero and even if they did go there they would just get caught up in the chaos. They can bomb the Assad regime buildings/armies/etc but that would hurt the Assad army but not outright defeat it. Then the rebels take over and you get reprisal killings, inter-civil war between rebel forces and the Kurds, who knows what else? The problem with Syria is that there are no good options. People will die and suffer no matter what happens.

The best way to solve the problem is to go in a time machine, undo the European colonization and have the middle east peoples make countries and borders that reflect ethnic and cultural realities. Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, etc. are all awful amalgams of people who hate each other and can't get along but no one wants to break up the countries, either because the people in those countries want to grab power and rule over the whole thing, rather than just a piece, or the superpowers like USA, Europe, Russia, etc. oppose any change to the status quo.

liger05

It's obvious that Obama wants Assad to stop the killing but doesn't want to do anything else other than make empty threats. The "red line," the recent moving of some ships, etc etc. are just him bluffing. Someone posted up above that Obama and some other European countries decided to strike but I'm really skeptical.

Though even if they did intervene, what would be the consequences? The chances of foreign troops in Syria is basically zero and even if they did go there they would just get caught up in the chaos. They can bomb the Assad regime buildings/armies/etc but that would hurt the Assad army but not outright defeat it. Then the rebels take over and you get reprisal killings, inter-civil war between rebel forces and the Kurds, who knows what else? The problem with Syria is that there are no good options. People will die and suffer no matter what happens.

The best way to solve the problem is to go in a time machine, undo the European colonization and have the middle east peoples make countries and borders that reflect ethnic and cultural realities. Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, etc. are all awful amalgams of people who hate each other and can't get along but no one wants to break up the countries, either because the people in those countries want to grab power and rule over the whole thing, rather than just a piece, or the superpowers like USA, Europe, Russia, etc. oppose any change to the status quo.

I think they will strike Assad sites but also look to drone isis / Jan sites.

Apparently "Allahu Akhbar" is the proper response to pretty much everything.

These guys are funnier than the durkas in Team America...do they realize they sound like chimps in a zoo to outsiders? Is this level of eloquence funny to non-crazy Arabs as well?

No and to be honest that's kind off offensive.

Also John Kerry has had talks with Syrian Foreign Minister about chemical attack.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ical-attack-with-Syrian-foreign-minister.html

Also Iranian Generals is also warning US that if they cross their "red line" there will be "harsh consequences".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...yria-as-Iran-warns-of-harsh-consequences.html

pulsemyne

OH MY GOD.

Link please ?

EDIT: I just watched it again and got my mind into some real pseudo mindset. Like it's insane how you can go from living in this world with your networks, friends, family whatever, to just dying. In one second. Just dying like that. And losing everything.

If you got to reddit and worldnews or news and look at anything pro assad then you'll see it was was posted by Hymrr

http://www.reddit.com/user/hymrr

Enjoy.

My god hym you are pretty bloody busy! (not having a go just found it interesting)

pulsemyne

Oh and weapons inspecters are to be allowed into the area according to state TV. Trouble is the chemicals will likely have dispersed by now and their mandate doesn;t allow them to say who used the chemicals and only that chemicals were used.

Oh and weapons inspecters are to be allowed into the area according to state TV. Trouble is the chemicals will likely have dispersed by now and their mandate doesn;t allow them to say who used the chemicals and only that chemicals were used.

It may be too late for that.

Richard Engel ‏@RichardEngel

Sr US official: At this juncture, any belated decision by the regime to grant access to UN team would be too late to be credible. #syria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom