• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Reboot/Remake also coming to PS4 along with XB1 and PC

FelipeMGM

So the System Shock Reboot/Remake which is on Kickstarter right now is also coming to PS4 now. No stretching goal for it, its just beeing added together along with XB1 an PC version

Kickstarter Update on it
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock/posts/1634920

Hey everyone, this is Jason again. I have some really exciting news to share. I fear the the subject title gives away the surprise… but I’ll go into more detail on things. :)

When we launched this Kickstarter, supporting PS4 was a possibility, but we hadn’t started talking to Sony just yet about it. We were all focused on wrapping the demo up and prepping the Kickstarter. We already had strong contacts at Microsoft from prior projects, so supporting XboxOne was less of an unknown. After we saw the overwhelming demand for PS4, we reshuffled our priorities and focused on talking to Sony about making that happen. After a few weeks and lotttts of emails, we are officially on track for bringing System Shock to the PS4! No stretch goal for it. We’re adding it in as a thank you to our backers that put their faith in us.

And of course, here is the Kickstarter page for the game, support it if you think its cool
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1598858095/system-shock

Cn1YXt-UsAAD5L_.jpg:large

PS Blog post
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/07/20/system-shock-by-nightdive-studios-is-coming-to-ps4/

Some of you might have heard about our Kickstarter that we started a few weeks ago. It’s still early in the project, but there was such a huge demand for a PS4 version that we immediately did what we could to make that happen. Today, I am incredibly proud to announce that System Shock will be coming to PS4 around Q1 2018. We’re excited to be working with Sony on this and can’t wait to see what all of you think of the game!

There is also a trailer on the post, not sure if its new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrVdpjA8I7M

Oh hey look, now people have no reason to be petty!

(look, I get that people hedge their bets based on platform at times, but some of the sentiments around the kickstarter that were only held because there was no PS4 version planned initially seemed kinda mean if I'm being honest).

Hopefully this means someone at Sony reached out or they got Dev kits or whatever else was the roadblock here.

J-Skee

I'm going to get so much hate for this, but exactly what is System Shock & why should I back it? I didn't pay attention to this at all since it wasn't coming to the platform I own, but now that it is, I would like to be informed about it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh hey look, now people have no reason to be petty!

(look, I get that people hedge their bets based on platform at times, but some of the sentiments around the kickstarter that were only held because there was no PS4 version planned initially seemed kinda mean if I'm being honest).

Hopefully this means someone at Sony reached out or they got Dev kits or whatever else was the roadblock here.

I handled this the way I always do with KS projects I find interesting that don't have a PS4 version.

I tweeted at several Sony employees to make sure the team got dev kits since that was the issue and as soon as confirmation goes through that I can back and secure a PS4 version they will get my money.

I handled this the way I always do with KS projects I find interesting that don't have a PS4 version.

I tweeted at several Sony employees to make sure the team got dev kits since that was the issue and as soon as confirmation goes through that I can back and secure a PS4 version they will get my money.

Awesome, looks like someone listened!

Corpekata

Banned
I'm going to get so much hate for this, but exactly what is System Shock & why should I back it? I didn't pay attention to this at all since it wasn't coming to the platform I own, but now that it is, I would like to be informed about it.

Are you predicting hate for not knowing a classic or being so fundamentally lazy you can't go look at the links provided in the thread already that would provide the answer?

KC Denton

They have a kickstarter page with all the information you need conveniently located in one place! They even have a button to give them money after you're done reading the page. It's linked in the first post.

J-Skee

Are you predicting hate for not knowing a classic or being so fundamentally lazy you can't go look at the links provided in the thread already that would provide the answer?

Both, although I wouldn't call the second reason for being lazy. I'm at work right now & Kickstarter is blocked. God forbid I ask the informed users of NeoGAF about this supposedly classic game.

It's the precursor to games like Deus Ex, BioShock and Dishonored. A first person, cyberpunk-ish, sci fi horror game with a more methodical, RPG-inspired approach to FPS gameplay. If you liked those games you'll like this remake of an absolute classic.

Thank you, that does sound pretty good. I'll check out more of it when I get home.

Tesser

I'll go out and say this is officially the first Kickstarter project I've backed, not so much because I'm a fan of the game/series (though I did, of course, enjoy the second System Shock game very much so) but I do like to see past games of this calibre make a return. But in any case, glad to see this getting a PS4 iteration; here's hoping Xbox owners can get in on this too.

Traxtech

What is the minimum for physical on ps4? I was going to buy digitial on PC but now that a ps4 version is in the works i want physical on ps4 to get dem trophies haha

What is the minimum for physical on ps4? I was going to buy digitial on PC but now that a ps4 version is in the works i want physical on ps4 to get dem trophies haha

digital games have trophies just like physical, no physical edition of the console versions are coming though

vocab

Whens that cyberspace demo coming out. I also wonder if leaning is getting scraped because of the console announcement.

I could just play it for myself, but how do fans of the original feel about the remake's demo?

Well I just beat the Original (EE version) this week, and I kind of like the demo of the remake. It's missing a lot of things, but so far I can see the potential. If there's any game that will benefit from a remake, it's this one. I will say this though, most of the significant breakthroughs this game had at the time will most likely be lost in the remake, even the complexities. I'm hoping they can make enemy encounters a bit more engaging, and cyberspace to be a lot more fun. The story telling in the original is pretty lackluster/limited so that could be improved as well.

Top Bottom