• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Launched (PC/XB1) | 900K Goal - Demo Available

Avellone is in? HOLY SHIT! I can't donate because I don't have an international credit card, but once this is out, I'm buying it.
System Shock is a game I wanted to play since always.

TP

It's been a little while, but isn't a lot of that stuff in SS2 in one form or another?

Aren't those SS2-esque aspects? Sounds like they'd be making this more like SS2. Not a bad thing IMO

Yeah, those are SS2 features and I like them there and expect them in SS3

But I like how much more simpler and straightforward SS is
and it also bothers me how so many games just have to have rpg/rpg lite mechanics even when they aren't necessary (Doom '16)

well, whatever
I might as well consider this a reboot instead of a remake then

Yes, that stuff is all in SS2. You didn't bold ammo types or vending machines but they're also in SS2.

ammo types were already in SS
and with all the stuff I had on hand I was a walking vending machine

RedRum

Banned
This looks like it would be an amazing final product.

That said, I am so weary about game kickstarters these days. -.-

ZeroCoin

Seriously disappointed in the lack of a ps4 release option, but hope this gets made regardless. Would love see what an updated release could turn out like. I'll cross my fingers for timed exclusivity.

No PS4 version is a disappointment. I was ready to drop some cash.

I'll wait a bit to see if we'll get that OSX/Linux stretch goal at least.

I think I'll go in at the end of the campaign. Only want to back if it hits 1.7m

Avellone is in? HOLY SHIT! I can't donate because I don't have an international credit card, but once this is out, I'm buying it.
System Shock is a game I wanted to play since always.

Can you not back via PayPal?

Unity? No PS4? I think I'll order a pizza instead.

Okay, thanks for letting us know.

I've never had the chance to play a System Shock title before (and have always wanted to), so being able to play it in a modern form would be fantastic.

Instro

I notice you have a past ban for complaining that reviewers did not score Uncharted high enough. If you reply to this thread again, you will be permanently banned.

I feel like there should be some specific code written for known platform warriors that makes it seem like all games are being announced for the platform they don't own.

Developer launches a Kickstarter to generate funds for a complete remake of one of the most acclaimed games ever. First two pages of the thread full of YouTube comments-grade fanboy nonsense.

Unity engine on consoles though...

TBH at this stage its probably best to assume this is a scorpio game that may or may not come to XB1 depending on how MS's rules go.

Anyway toss me in with the "cool but Kickstarters that are already slaves to console exclusivity deals and go suck a lemon" crowd. Was dumb when Sony did it. Its dumb here. Downloading the demo though. Never touched SS1

Kickstarter console exclusives, what a time to be alive.
Just glad Yu picked Sony. :p

Going to check out the demo soon, I played the original and it was kinda neat back then.

wwm0nkey

Having no experience with SS1 and only playing SS2....this demo was great! Really can't wait till the full version comes out now

Jackpot

Banned
Demo is better than I'd thought it'd be.

I like how it gives you text for whatever you right click on like a holdover from Adventure games, which it probably was at the time.

My biggest gripe is that parts of the environment looks like that 3DNES emulator. You can still see how it was segmented into square tiles rather than a flowing, fully-realised environment,

Chobel

Well young man, if you had looked at their campaign page you might have seen this:

cFzxOda.png

Microsoft is providing them some kind of assistance, most likely financial.

What does "support" mean here? Because I highly doubt Steam is giving any kind of assistance.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
What does "support" mean here? Because I highly doubt Steam is giving any kind of assistance.

I suspect it just means they have something to do with the game. They're selling the game on Steam, GOG, and Humble; the game's built on Unity, etc.

Probably no monetary support from anyone other than (potentially) MS.

Grym

First Kickstarter I've been interested in a very long time.

EDIT - is anyone actually on the development team? All the "supported by" stuff just seems like "yeah, we are in favor of the idea of an upgraded system shock"

Somnia

Steam is by having the demo up. Most likely steam is letting this go up and not have to go through greenlight or whatever the heck that crap is.

Interested in trying the demo before I get home. Curious how it could even work on consoles or dual stick pads. I know it's a remake, but it'd need to be a big overhaul.

naitosan

Backed this for $40, if I'm not on budget I'd get Collector's Edition one. I also emailed Nightdive Studio and see if they plan to update Xbox One edition to take advantage of Project Scorpio sometime after release.

Top Bottom