• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remastered Kickstarter Launched (PC/XB1) | 900K Goal - Demo Available

Kacho

Gold Member
From dev on Twitter:

w6rMMzI.png

Sigh....

Can we stop with the fanboy crap (this isn't directed at just you JetSet).

Can we just be happy System Shock is returning?

But a kickstarter should try to gather as much support as possible, isn't that the concept? :p
If they get support, they might as well aim for funding from the big boys. I wonder if these companies see crowdfunding as a marketing tool..
The original was cool yeah.

Dennis

Banned
Only 300 copies offered for the Early Bird pledge and they are all immediately gone?

Get the fuck out with that stupid bullshit.

Some us have jobs and can't sit around waiting for the first 5 minutes of the Kickstarter.

Just ridiculous.

Why only 300? That is nothing.

TP

That full screen inventory is a bummer
hope it's temporary and final ends up closer to SS or SS2 inventory

Lyrian

In for $75. Steelbook baby

Nightdive might want to clarify this.

The sidebar says that a steelcase is granted at $75, but the graphic of the $75 tier at the bottom of the page does not list the steelcase (not until the $150 tier).

kami_sama

Only 300 copies offered for the Early Bird pledge and they are all immediately gone?

Some us have jobs and can't sit around waiting for the first 5 minutes of the Kickstarter.

Just ridiculous.

I got in the kickstarter before that and they were already gone.

Somnia

But a kickstarter should try to gather as much support as possible, isn't that the concept? :p
If they get support, they might as well aim for funding from the big boys. I wonder if these companies see crowdfunding as a marketing tool..
The original was cool yeah.

Well in that case then your boy Yu should have put Shen Mue on Xbox also not just "Sony" as you put it so they got as much support as possible, isn't that the concept?

Somnia

Yeah not going to support this if there's no version I want to play. That's a no brainer. Good luck Nightdive.

See now this makes sense and a reasonable reason not to back it. If you only have a PS4 and don't game on PC then it makes sense not to back it unless you just want to support the dev.

Hopefully they add PS4 to the list once Sony reaches out to them (which is bound to happen).

bender

What time is it?

Just ridiculous.

Yup. I'll just pick it up once it hits a store front.

Some of the fanboy war stuff in this thread is shocking.

I hope they succeed and then they will be able to port the game on PS4, calm down.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
From dev on Twitter:

w6rMMzI.png

I'm that case, it is short sighted by the dev not to have approached Sony to at least have initial discussions. It should be simple enough to get access to PS4 devkits, and if they're developing on PC and Xbox the cost of a PS4 version would be relatively low for relatively high return. They could gen hide the PS4 version behind a stretch goal to cover the anticipated additional costs to reduce the risk.

This is likely moot, as I expect they'll room past their target pretty damn quickly

FelipeMGM

Prob not gonna fund it cuz Im not really into KS these days, but I am really hoping this can become a great product. System Shock is an awesome IP and Nightdive seems really passionate about it, best of luck to them

From dev on Twitter:

w6rMMzI.png

So if this is a huge hit, Im sure Sony will approach them. And a PS4 port will sure bring more backers

Mechazawa

Just ridiculous.

Yeah, that's pretty absurd. I get that they need to get as much as they can out of the campaign, but when their goal is 900k, 300 is laughable. That's basically just there to draw your eye to $25 and then pull the rug under you with the actual $30 pledge.

Somnia

I'm that case, it is short sighted by the dev not to have approached Sony to at least have initial discussions. It should be simple enough to get access to PS4 devkits, and if they're developing on PC and Xbox the cost of a PS4 version would be relatively low for relatively high return. They could gen hide the PS4 version behind a stretch goal to cover the anticipated additional costs to reduce the risk.

This is likely moot, as I expect they'll room past their target pretty damn quickly

Maybe they did reach out to Sony and MS and only MS approached them after?

Honestly who knows, I'm pretty sure the dev didn't sit around waiting for them to approach them without even going live, they had to inform MS of this in order for MS to know it was happening to provide said dev kits.

In for 50. I don't physical items, just want that sweet, sweet 90's game ether.
And I doubt Sony will do anything. They are winning, so why would they bother with PC-bred indies?

ZeroCoin

From dev on Twitter:

w6rMMzI.png

Wouldn't you want to check about that dev kit before launching a kickstarter? This statement just seems odd to me.

If you don't back this, you may never see PS4 edition. They said they're open for other platforms once this meet the goal. Don't be salty just because there's no PS4. Shenmue 3 isn't coming to XB1 (my preference system) but I still backed it. Do it for everyone, not just you. :p

With the track record of kickstarter, especially video games, this is just bad advice. There's plenty you can do to increase awareness of a kickstarter and help something get funded even if you don't want put your own money in. This is one step above the old "if you don't buy game X we won't know how much demand there would be for game X2" that companies like to dangle in front of us.

TP

This isn´t called Remaster, they´ve said it´s a reboot simply called System Shock.

It really does say that

"A modern take on System Shock, a faithful reboot; it’s not Citadel Station as it was, but as you remember it."

title change please

Ludens

Banned
Capcom gave us a finger in RE7 Demo, Nightdive gave us an entire, useless body. Someone should open a thread asking "What's the body for?".

I hope it's not dumbed down for consoles too much :/

Nah, I don't think so. The major problem I see at the moment is the game being focused on pixel hunt, and with a pad that can be a problem.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ what is it about some of these threads that bring out the fuckwits.

Backed later this week on payday, looks glorious. Hope they make the 1.7million.

Tagyhag

$1.7m Goal : Enemy limb dismemberment, More puzzles, Ammo types/weapon settings, Vending machines, Basic crafting/research, RPG leveling with perks/skills, Weapon upgrading, Hardcore mode (No respawning), Ironman mode (Only 1 savegame. If you die, the save is deleted)

WE HAVE TO GET THERE YOU GUYS.

Can't wait for this. It's criminal how many people don't know the glory that is SHODAN.

And good video game writing.

Top Bottom