• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ta-Nehisi Coates to write Storm comic for Marvel

Famassu

I like TNC but I don't like how he's the owner of all things African American now. He's an essayist, not a comic book writer.
Looking at how shitty & non-sensical a lot of comics are, maybe they need someone who can actually, you know, write...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You mind giving more details why you didn’t like it please?

its a black panther book that works hard at demonizing and emasculating its title character. hes often seen as inept while the female leads have all the ideas. and then theres the rape camps and the miljae are afraid of him potentially raping them. coates went out of his way to make him an ineffective leader and a mewling simp, but somehow gets praise for this trash incarnation.

Famassu

its a black panther book that works hard at demonizing and emasculating its title character. hes often seen as inept while the female leads have all the ideas. and then theres the rape camps and the miljae are afraid of him potentially raping them. coates went out of his way to make him an ineffective leader and a mewling simp, but somehow gets praise for this trash incarnation.
This sounds like a trash take of it rather than Coates having a trast incarnation. Emasculation? Lulz with that macho BS. And how horrible that women have good ideas!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
This sounds like a trash take of it rather than Coates having a trast incarnation. Emasculation? Lulz with that macho BS. And how horrible that women have good ideas!

its not horrible that women have good ideas, its that theyre the only ones with any idea of what to do, while tchalla looks like a lost boy in the corner. and emasculation is definetely a thing in this series, despite what you think. its the worst panther series ive read, and im not a fan of hudlins nonsense.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Oh nice! Jen Bartel is doing interiors or just cover? Curious to see how she can do narrative, Her cover style is a bit boring to me, but shes pretty skilled and works her ass off.

Top Bottom