• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell adding two new breakfast buritto options to menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2014/07/news-taco-bell-new-grilled-breakfast-burritos.html

It's only been a little more than three months, but Taco Bell is already bolstering their breakfast menu with the new Grilled Breakfast Burrito as well as the new Grande Scrambler.

The new Grilled Breakfast Burrito is value-priced at $1.29 a piece and features scrambled eggs, warm nacho cheese, and a choice of either sausage, bacon, or seasoned Fiesta potatoes and pico de gallo, wrapped up in a flour tortilla and grilled.

The new Grande Scrambler is an all-of-the-above types of breakfast burrito and comes filled with Fiesta potatoes, pico de gallo, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and either bacon, sausage, or steak.

Additionally, Taco Bell has renamed the Steak and Egg Burrito as the "Cheesy Burrito," adding potatoes, sausage, and bacon options.

In other breakfast news, Taco Bell will soon be testing protein-oriented breakfast burritos and bowls plus Greek yogurt.

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grilled Breakfast Burrito - Bacon (129g)
Calories - 350 (from Fat - 150)
Fat - 17g (Saturated Fat - 5g)
Sodium - 880mg
Carbs - 36g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 13g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grilled Breakfast Burrito - Fiesta Potato (157g)
Calories - 340 (from Fat - 130)
Fat - 15g (Saturated Fat - 3.5g)
Sodium - 790mg
Carbs - 43g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 10g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grilled Breakfast Burrito - Sausage (129g)
Calories - 340 (from Fat - 150)
Fat - 17g (Saturated Fat - 5g)
Sodium - 740mg
Carbs - 36g (Sugar - 3g)
Protein - 11g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grande Scrambler Burrito - Bacon (293g)
Calories - 680 (from Fat - 320)
Fat - 36g (Saturated Fat - 9g)
Sodium - 1570mg
Carbs - 68g (Sugar - 5g)
Protein - 22g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grande Scrambler Burrito - Sausage (292g)
Calories - 670 (from Fat - 330)
Fat - 36g (Saturated Fat - 9g)
Sodium - 1410mg
Carbs - 67g (Sugar - 5g)
Protein - 19g

Nutritional Info - Taco Bell Grande Scrambler Burrito - Steak (320g)
Calories - 670 (from Fat - 300)
Fat - 33g (Saturated Fat - 9g)
Sodium - 1510mg
Carbs - 68g (Sugar - 4g)
Protein - 26g

nS9tTuD.jpg

rpmurphy

McDonald's breakfast burrito is alright with the concept of keeping it simple, but maybe this could usurp the existing king.

How were these not already on the menu? Their launch options didn't have a real "breakfast burrito", which I think is the first thing you expect when you think "Taco Bell Breakfast".

Had a bacon/egg crunchwrap the other day though - surprisingly good.

sphagnum

Banned
Good. Every Saturday I have a 16 hour slog at work so I always try to get some kind of breakfast that I know will fill me even if it's terrible for me, but Taco Bell's limited menu has made me head towards McDonalds more often than not lately.

OuterLimits

Enjoy some Taco Bell for Breakfast. Enjoy your ass exploding at Lunch.

The Grande Scrambler sounds good though. Might be worth a possible unpleasant early afternoon.

Kayhan

Good. Every Saturday I have a 16 hour slog at work so I always try to get some kind of breakfast that I know will fill me even if it's terrible for me, but Taco Bell's limited menu has made me head towards McDonalds more often than not lately.

If you are a communist sympathizer shouldn't you make your own worker-approved breakfast rather than suckling at the mega-corporate teat?

AlexMogil

My local Taco Bells have been opening their full menu at 9. Seems like breakfast was not a good experiment.

Taco Bell breakfast. The Jimmy Pesto's of fast food breakfast.

Risible

Enjoy some Taco Bell for Breakfast. Enjoy your ass exploding at Lunch.

Every single Taco Bell thread has to have people talking about their precious little tummies and how much Taco Bell hurts it. My ten year old 60lb daughter has a better digestive tract than 50% of GAF.

Halo 2

Banned
Every single Taco Bell thread has to have people talking about their precious little tummies and how much Taco Bell hurts it. My ten year old 60lb daughter has a better digestive tract than 50% of GAF.

When I was 10 and 60lb I was able to down as much taco bell as I wanted.
Not any more :(

incredible

Science/math is hard.

Most people eat between 2-2.5k calories a day. Men will usually be on the high end. Most people also eat 3 meals a day, and at 2500 that makes this less than 1/3.

Also, science has pretty much debunked the supposed negative effects of fat in recent years.

f49vTI3.jpg

soultron

Banned
1500 mg of sodium in a single burrito for some of those choices. That's your daily recommended intake of sodium right there.

way more

The high-born stomach does not process the parasites, low morals, or inferior humors of the factory worker or migrant. A gentlemen should avoid immigrant "food" as much as possible lest he become like "them."

Tried to order the Grande Scrambler over the weekend. Was told they couldn't make it.

You have all the ingredients in the kitchen to make it, WHY YOU NO MAKE IT

clav

1500 mg of sodium in a single burrito for some of those choices. That's your daily recommended intake of sodium right there.

Considering what food topics are posted here along with the comments, I think most of GAF has a sodium intake problem.

i'd try that grande burrito for sure....though try is all i'd do.

...then go back to ordering Cheesy Gordita Crunchs

so i just need to eat/drink 1500mg of sugar to balance it out right??

SyNapSe

I tried taco bell breakfast for the first time last weekend. Had a bacon breakfast crunchwrap.. it was surprisingly good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom