• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell latest test: crispy-fried chicken pieces as tortilla chips w/ lava sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Taco Bell testing new Volcano Crispy Chicken Chips:

Taco Bell might be angling to bring back Lava sauce (of Volcano menu fame) if the current test of new Volcano Crispy Chicken Chips is any indication.

The "chips" are crispy-fried, marinated white chicken meat in the shape of a tortilla chip. A cup of lava sauce is included with every six-piece order. If you prefer to forgo some of the heat (the chips are also spicy), you can opt for nacho cheese or spicy ranch sauce instead.

The Volcano Crispy Chicken Chips are priced at $1.99 for an order of six and $3.99 for an order of 12 (which includes two dips). Additionally, there's the $5 Volcano Crispy Chicken Chips Big Box, which includes a six-piece order of the "chips," Crunchy Taco, Burrito Supreme, Cinnamon Twists, and medium fountain drink.

While the chip shape might be more easily dipped, the thinness could also make it easier to overcook during frying. Taco Bell previously offered crispy chicken for a limited time when Chickstars and Biscuit Tacos were introduced last year.

The "chips" are also being featured in the Volcano Chickstar, which is basically a Crunchwrap but with the Crispy Chicken Chips providing the crunch (rather than a tostada shell) and Lava sauce contributing spicy heat. The Chickstar is selling for $2.99.

Both items been spotted in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.

eZRA1la.jpg

07Mn7DS.jpg

So they took Burger King's Chicken Fries and flattened them into triangles.

Groovy.

It's amazing the abuse a piece of chicken meat goes through these days.

BoSox06DH

Can someone change the title to "Lava Sauce is a thing again". That's the big takeway here. If I was able to I'd definitely buy lava sauce from the shelf at a high price.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I'd give it a shot but I'll probably get a heart attack immediately after that.

krae_man

how about tacos where the taco shell is actually just fried chicken

taco bell, i'm expecting my check in the mail

How long until the Taco Bell version of the Double Down?

Apparently we think alike.

I get 1/2 the royalty cheque. Look at the time stamps, we had the idea at the exact same time. That's legally binding. I know my rights.

Makonero

How long until the Taco Bell version of the Double Down?

Apparently we think alike.

I get 1/2 the royalty cheque. Look at the time stamps, we had the idea at the exact same time. That's legally binding. I know my rights.

nope

i was first, and i was more descriptive. less reliant on "been there done that" ideas. mine was original, yours was just an imitation.

i'll let you have 10%, no more, no less.

You know, it's been so long that I don't even remember; is Lava sauce as good as BK's Zesty sauce? I mean, that is the current condiment king.

Also, I have to have that crunchwrap and those nachos.

SexyFish

Banned
Oh shit these things were a test? I saw these months ago at my Taco Bell on the Strip in Knoxville.

God damn I'm going to have to try these aren't I?

Has science finally gone too far?

kzt7CUr.jpg

looks pretty fucking tasty, but i bet after 2-3 the chicken tastes too dry without the sauce and then you run out of sauce... Noooooooooo

Lava sauce do it you fools

Chicken chips is just the latest advancement in "idk we put chips in it" technology so I'm all for it

Mendrox

Man that looks awesome.

Also threads made by mods are always more important. Even more important when they have an avatar with Megumi in it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Dang, looking ace. We have like some sort of new double decker tacos with multiple flavors. Have not tried them yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom