• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell rolls out Naked Chicken Chips, crispy-fried chicken as tortilla chips

GTI Guy

50+ posts in and this picture hasn't shown up?

GAF you're slippin

gol15.jpg

ryseing

I'll probably like these, so they'll discontinue them immediately for some other gross shit.

I have a list of TB products I've actually liked and canceled longer than that Browns QB jersey.

RIP BLT Crunchwrap.

It was the one thing I liked at TB, and it was $1.29. GOAT.

Already feeling sad. I know and the rest of you guys know they will not keep it on the menu for long.

Yeah the rotating specials are a bummer for sure. Don't get too attached.

Luckily my Quesarito & Beefy Nacho Loaded Griller are mainstays.

But man, the nacho fries are goooooood. Hope they stick around.

k91191

I got the Naked Chicken Chips today. In my opinion, they're just OK. Not as crispy as I was hoping.

I won't be getting them again due to their price point. My local store is pricing the 6-pack at $2.29 and the 12-pack at $4.29.

Tried these today. Not bad, they're pretty standard nuggets. But the singular choice of nacho cheese is short sighted. I should be able to get these dressed up like Triple Layer Nachos, or dip them in Lava Sauce. As is, they're uninspired.

I got these in the box today for lunch. They were alright. While I'd get them again, I don't think I would get them if they weren't in the $5 box.

Robot Pants

ZlVVOgR.jpg

qpl9DZK.jpg

lta0W4E.jpg

Verdict: None of the crunch I wanted and none of the spice from the Naked Chicken Chalupa shell.

Soggy and shitty.
I still can't believe they got rid of the Naked Chicken Chalupa.
It was the best thing on the menu and it was a huge seller. Not sure why they stopped it

$2 for 6. Tried them. They tasted like chicken nuggets. They gave me two coupons for free 6-packs of them however so it's likely I'll be eating these two more times. They had the coupons behind the counter and gave them to me without me asking, so hey, free food is cool.

I'd never buy them again though at any price. They were just boring.

StoneFox

I had some of these today and it had the spice flavor from the chalupa shell. Your mileage may vary, but I thought they were better than most fast food nuggets.

painey

I wanna eat this tomorrow, but it means I will miss out on Hardees.. which is the best fast food burger around by far. Decisions...

I still can't believe they got rid of the Naked Chicken Chalupa.
It was the best thing on the menu and it was a huge seller. Not sure why they stopped it

After seeing that they're testing this:

taco-bell-chicken-crust-pizza.jpg

I wondered if having to form them into taco shapes wasn't a pain in the ass, or some other process-related thing.

Kalnoky

Don't really go to Taco Bell very often but my girlfriend and I ended up at one at like 2am last night after bar time. Saw these on the menu and got kind of excited to try them, but was told "corporate won't let us start selling them until after 4am".

Should've preordered, I guess.

Don't really go to Taco Bell very often but my girlfriend and I ended up at one at like 2am last night after bar time. Saw these on the menu and got kind of excited to try them, but was told "corporate won't let us start selling them until after 4am".

Should've preordered, I guess.
If you had preordered, you would have gotten exclusive lava sauce DLC.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Splurged for the 12 pack tonight

Yep those sure are some chicken nuggets. They're not that bad but I seriously doubt they'll keep it around permanently.

Fat4all

Banned
Actually just had these in the new box they have.

They're alright, nothing special. Taste like Wendy's spicy nuggets.

Nah, Wendy's had more spice.

Most of the heat from this comes from the cheese, the chicken is kinda bland.

Overpriced for what they are.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Got a 12 pack for dinner. Yeah they are just chicken nuggets, cheese sauce is good. Nothing great. Taco burrito better.

hydruxo

They need to just bring back the naked chicken chalupa

If I wanted nuggets I'd go to any other fast food place lmao

I appreciate that Taco Bell is always trying new things, but the downside is that they only end up keeping it for like a month and who knows if they'll ever bring them back. Naked chicken chalupa seemed like a massive hit, they should've kept it on the regular menu.

Top Bottom