• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell testing Chalupa with fried-chicken shell for national release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The meaty new chalupa, in fact, basically just tastes like a fried chicken wrap without the wrap. And it’s spicy, and stuffed with lettuce, tomato, cheese and avocado ranch sauce.

Taco Bell told BuzzFeed News that the product — renamed the “Naked Chicken Chalupa” following the successful launch of the Quesalupa earlier this year — hasn’t been approved for a national launch yet, but things are looking good. It’s still in test mode, but “the results and consumer feedback are very encouraging,” according to a spokesperson.
“We’re just planning what’s the right the timing,” Kat Garcia, Taco Bell’s senior manager of marketing, said.

johnsmith

remember me
jSxKEFkh.jpg

Tagyhag

I'd try it, I think the chalupa's shell is nasty and the ingredients are fine so fixing the problem.

I wish they had the bootleg school chalupas instead, those were great.

cafeteriachalupa.jpg

- J - D -

"stuffed with lettuce, tomato, cheese and avocado ranch sauce."

There's no meat inside of it! What's the point if there's no other meat within the chicken shell?!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"stuffed with lettuce, tomato, cheese and avocado ranch sauce."

There's no meat inside of it! What's the point if there's no other meat within the chicken shell?!
Roll it up. Then the shell is inside itself.

hydruxo

Fuck it. I'll try it.

I feel like most of Taco Bell's creations are gimmicks that I try once and never get again so why not.

daveo42

Banned
Keto folks would be all over that if they offered a grilled chicken shell over the breaded. Do it Taco Bell. Do it. Second coming of the double down.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I know someone who tried one, said it's fucking awesome.

Taco Bell tried a lot of fried chicken products last year, most of them were really good but slightly more expensive than usual Taco Bell fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom