• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell's latest experiment uses a fried egg for a taco shell (now out nationwide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
UPDATE: Looks like this is rolling out nationwide at the end of the month (August 31, 2017):

http://www.brandeating.com/2017/08/taco-bells-new-naked-egg-taco-arrives-august-31-2017.html

Taco Bell is bringing a breakfast taco with a fried egg as the shell to the table with the upcoming debut of the Naked Egg Taco on August 31, 2017.

Beyond the fried egg shell, the taco includes a filling of a choice of bacon, or sausage plus crispy potatoes, nacho cheese sauce, and shredded cheese. There's also a "dressed version" that places the whole Naked Egg Taco in a Gordita flatbread.

The new breakfast item will carry a suggested price of $1.99 and will also be available in a combo along with a cup of coffee or medium fountain drink as well as either two Cinnabon Delights or a hash brown patty for $3.99.

Original post below:

---------------------

http://www.brandeating.com/2017/04/taco-bell-to-test-egg-breakfast-taco.html

Taco Bell has already tried waffles, biscuits, and croissants as taco shells for their breakfast burrito so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that they'll be testing a fried egg as a taco shell for breakfast in Flint, Michigan starting April 18, 2017.

They're calling it the "Naked Breakfast Taco" and it features a shell that's literally a folded fried egg that can be filled with potato bites, sausage crumbles or bacon, nacho cheese sauce, and shredded cheddar. As long as you forego the potato bites, it should make for a pretty good option for a low-carb diet.

For those who aren't ready to go "naked" there's also a "dressed" version that covers up the egg with a warm Gordita flatbread.

iBYENde.jpg

r4XMbdv.jpg

Meadows

Banned
America. A country that will provide a city with fried egg taco shells before it provides it with drinking water.

jk America's cool

Arttemis

Their cheesy bean and rice burrito is the only thing they serve that looks appetizing and consists of real food.

Yum brands needs to work on bringing the Tower Burgari in iceland over to the states instead. This is hot garbage.

One second thought, the quality might not be the same.

I'm a very big fan of Taco Bell but nothing on their breakfast menu has impressed me, and some of it I actively dislike. I don't have high hopes for this.

Arttemis

Why Flint, MI? Are they treating the city as some kind of scientific test bed of human guinea pigs exposed to all sorts of unnaturally found chemicals?

It's not the strangest low-carb option I've seen. I agree with a poster above that it'd be better if the egg was mixed with something.

riotous

Banned
Been using egg (mostly egg white, with one yolk) as a burrito shell of sorts for years. Aside from high carbs, flour tortilla's are so many damn calories.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Absolutely not. These are going to be frozen, pre-cooked eggs, which are disgusting 100% of the time. I'm normally all over Taco Bell's craziness, but this is a hard pass.

hydruxo

Naked Chicken Chalupa was great. This however, looks fucking disgusting. I just can't eat eggs from a fast food place. They're always nasty.

Naked Chicken Chalupa was great. This however, looks fucking disgusting. I just can't eat eggs from a fast food place. They're always nasty.

Still mega pissed it's gone. Health be damned, I had this several times in the limited time it was out and really miss it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This looks terrible. Even the naked chicken chalupa is terrible. Too damn oily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom