• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taco Bell's waffle taco is dead, replaced by biscuit taco

Status
Not open for further replies.
vnF7JLr.gif

they got biscuit tacos in there?

Rootbeer

Banned
if it's breaded and wrapped in more bread, don't order it. it's a simple fast food rule.

if it's breaded and on its own, like say the chicken selects, then it may be edible.

exceptions do exist but are not the rule. for example, most food items at Chik-Fil-A.

Taco Bell could be stepping it up with their breakfast. They use higher grade ingredients in some of their lunch items now (their "Cantina" menu) but there is no crossover of those better ingredients into breakfast which makes me sad.

give me a fast food breakfast burrito that uses actual salsa (an amazing concept, Taco Bell!), maybe some guac too?

Lijik

"Despite the attention the waffle taco initially generated because of its novelty in the fast-food space, there were early signs it might not last."

Yeah because everyone had one bite and realized the waffle part was garbage even for fast food breakfast. Ive got no faith in TB being better at replicating biscuits.

The Beard

Taco Bell and Breakfast go together like fire and water. That "biscuit" looks downright disgusting. Who the hell wraps a hash brown in a fake biscuit ? This is just wrong. How does the FDA let this nonsense exist ?

woodypop

The chicken biscuit taco actually sounds kinda good. Will try.

I was right there with you, but it really wasn't any good. The breakfast crunchwraps blew it out of the water so bad I don't know why anyone would order one more than once.
Yeah, was massively disappointed by the waffle taco, but I still get the AM crunchwraps. So good.
give me a fast food breakfast burrito that uses actual salsa (an amazing concept, Taco Bell!), maybe some guac too?
Their Salsa del Sol (picante sauce) is actually pretty good. Usually have to ask for it though, as I've never seen it out with the other hot sauces. I hate their guac--tastes like it's reconstituted from a powder or something.

rjinaz

Wikipedia Scones- Round British scones can resemble North American biscuits in appearance, but scones traditionally rely on cold butter, while biscuits are more often made with other kinds of animal fat or vegetable shortening.[7] Also, while scones are frequently (but not always) sweet, and served with coffee and tea, biscuits are served more as a bread, often with breakfast in the South.

So they're a bit different, but only just.

terrisus

Wikipedia Scones- Round British scones can resemble North American biscuits in appearance, but scones traditionally rely on cold butter, while biscuits are more often made with other kinds of animal fat or vegetable shortening.[7] Also, while scones are frequently (but not always) sweet, and served with coffee and tea, biscuits are served more as a bread, often with breakfast in the South.

So they're a bit different, but only just.

n.b. The source used for that section: "Goldman, Marcy (2007). A Passion for Baking. Birmingham, Alabama"

Taco Bell and Breakfast go together like fire and water. That "biscuit" looks downright disgusting. Who the hell wraps a hash brown in a fake biscuit ? This is just wrong. How does the FDA let this nonsense exist ?
That.. is not a hash brown. That is their new chicken strip that they are coming out with on the 26th as well.

bengraven

While I'm glad to see the waffle gone, they need to worry more about their filling than the outside.

Look at Hardee's - best fucking fast food breakfast.

rjinaz

n.b. The source used for that section: "Goldman, Marcy (2007). A Passion for Baking. Birmingham, Alabama"

But the South is where biscuits and gravy are popular, and they are the perfect use of the biscuit.

I would totally try this taco by the way. Chicken on a biscuit is surprisingly tasty.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
A Taco Bell biscuit shouldn't be that scary since it's probably related to the biscuit made by KFC which is the same owner.

Hot damn! These were delicious!

Got one with the Jalapeno Honey, and one with the gravy, and they were both superb. Biscuit is clearly from the KFC biscuits, and chicken tastes straight from KFC, as well.

10/10, will eat again, but won't give me sharp knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom