• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

Bumping of this thread reminds me I never finished this game and I no longer have a PSP. I think I might have to get the it on PSN to play on Vita soon.

Achtius

I've been meaning to finish this game but i am stuck cuz templars are too strong.
At Krysaro, where I have to kill Volaqs without killing Ozma so i can recruit her). For some reason, I don't do any damage them but they do a shit ton to me. And it doesn't help the templars heals Volaqs

Any advice?

Tom_Cody

Bumping of this thread reminds me I never finished this game and I no longer have a PSP. I think I might have to get the it on PSN to play on Vita soon.
I was just going to post a question about this.

Can I play this on PS3, or only PSP and Vita?

I don't have a Vita though I do have PSP that I haven't touched in 5 years. I would definitely prefer to play this on my TV though.

Tomodachi

I was just going to post a question about this.

Can I play this on PS3, or only PSP and Vita?

I don't have a Vita though I do have PSP that I haven't touched in 5 years. I would definitely prefer to play this on my TV though.

Nope, not on PS3. You'll probably be able to play it on TV with Playstation TV when it comes out.

Roubjon

Yo, I picked up this game again and I'm loving it. It's so addicting building your little army and kicking ass. I have a question though, does it matter if I spend days walking around the map looking for random fights? I just got the ninja class and want to make Denam a Ninja, but I need to be level 7 in order to use the two 1 handed katanas I found. I don't wanna walk into some "shit end" by taking too many days to beat the game or something. Or even worse, miss a special unit, because we all know how strong those unique guys are!

Thanks!

Soulhouf

Yo, I picked up this game again and I'm loving it. It's so addicting building your little army and kicking ass. I have a question though, does it matter if I spend days walking around the map looking for random fights? I just got the ninja class and want to make Denam a Ninja, but I need to be level 7 in order to use the two 1 handed katanas I found. I don't wanna walk into some "shit end" by taking too many days to beat the game or something. Or even worse, miss a special unit, because we all know how strong those unique guys are!

Thanks!

Nope. Time doesn't have any impact on the story whatsoever.
I believe if you do that a lot, time will stop progressing. I forgot how much though.

I just booted this game up after a several year hiatus, and I don't know what the hell I'm doing. Is there anything extremely important I should know about the Hanging Gardens? I think the prospect of a multi-level dungeon is what put me off of this game in the first place. What'll make it easier? I just beat the first floor.

Bumping this thread yet again.

I did end up finishing the game, but I'm so foggy on the story that the WORLD system is confusing the hell out of me. Is there any way to see which path I chose to complete the story? And to see it the other way, should I just go back to the first anchor point?

Seda

Bumping this thread yet again.

I did end up finishing the game, but I'm so foggy on the story that the WORLD system is confusing the hell out of me. Is there any way to see which path I chose to complete the story? And to see it the other way, should I just go back to the first anchor point?

Not sure what you mean by "see which path I chose". You can see the routes in the world tarot menu (I forget exactly what this is called, and i believe it's in the warren report?)

The main thing is that the anchor points are only overwritten as you 'approach them' from the story. For instance, if you want the first anchor point in chapter 4 to be different, you have to finish the last part of chapter three, and then once the story progresses past that point, the anchor point will have whatever changes you've made at that time.

Or, in other words, if you go back to chapter 1 to make a different decision, you can't just jump back to chapter 4 to see those differences, you have to play the game up to that point naturally to get to the anchor in order for changes to reflect - and yes, it does take some time because enemies scale to your level.

It's been a while since I played so I might be missing a nuance somewhere.

I found this album which is supposedly the complete world tarot timeline. There are two chapter 2s and three chapter 3s but chapter 4 is only one branch. However, many of the events and side events in chapter 4 are different depending on what was done previously. There are quite a variety of scenes and extra battles each with different requirements. (Check out all the sidequests in chapter 4)

http://s930.photobucket.com/user/vdrX/media/Ch1_zps4ab8060e.jpg.html

GeekyDad

Can anyone answer me this:

Do you have to use an elemental action, such as attacking with the respective elemental spell or aligned elemental weapon, in order to increase the Augment-element skill, or will it slightly increase anytime you simply do an action during combat?

For instance, my Denam is currently using a bow with Air element, but later on I'm thinking he will use a weapon with Light element. If I assign both augments, will the Light augment grow as well?

I am really sorry to unearth this thread, but I figured this would be the best place to ask this: does anyone have issue 246 of EGM, and would be willing to post the scores the game received? I've been updating Wikipedia with the score of gaming magazines, and this is one of the few elusive ones. Thanks in advance and sorry again.

Although you've likely checked it already, archive.org has a lot of scanned EGM issues:

https://archive.org/search.php?query=electronic+gaming+monthly&page=1

Anyway I'm glad you bumped this thread as I had no idea it existed, and this is one of my favorite game series.

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I checked archive.org and retromags, but the only thing I was able to find was the list of the games reviewed on issue 246 of EGM, so I got at least some kind of guidance, but no scans or scores at all until now.

Yugrio1212

Was playing this game a whole back, put it down, i may pick it back up if i can force myself to train my units a few hundred more times!

Was playing this game a whole back, put it down, i may pick it back up if i can force myself to train my units a few hundred more times!
Training the units IS the obsession! :p
So true. But. Then you still lose one in battle... Then 2... Then 3... Then you have to train another batch!

That sounds completely wrong :) I've played PSP version when it released and from what I remember best way to deal with game was not losing anyone and just recruit story characters since they were much better than shop recruits.

And iirc there was pretty easy way to grind levels for new units due to changes in PSP version (I only heard horror stories about first games training being something like lvl 1 character throwing rocks at each other for 1 dmg as only way to get some exp).

But it's great to see someone still playing this amazing game in 2019 :)

Yugrio1212

That sounds completely wrong :) I've played PSP version when it released and from what I remember best way to deal with game was not losing anyone and just recruit story characters since they were much better than shop recruits.

And iirc there was pretty easy way to grind levels for new units due to changes in PSP version (I only heard horror stories about first games training being something like lvl 1 character throwing rocks at each other for 1 dmg as only way to get some exp).

I am using an emulator. I am playing the original version. I am throwing rocks for 1 exp each...

fatty

I still need to get to it. I love FFT but just never got around to playing this yet, my backlog is embarrassing.

I still need to get to it. I love FFT but just never got around to playing this yet, my backlog is embarrassing.

You might be lucky you played FFT before it - I've finished TO first and then when I tried PSP version of FFT I just couldn't get into it

GeekyDad

I am using an emulator. I am playing the original version. I am throwing rocks for 1 exp each...

No, no...don't do that. Seriously, if you can somehow find a way to play it on PSP, you'll be doing yourself a nice favor. It runs, looks, play so much better. They overhauled it in some amazing ways without taking away the beautiful 2D artwork. Hell, just the ability to change the overhead view is an amazing boon. I still can't quite figure out how they do it, but it's cool as shit!

Tesseract

Banned
will this ever come to pc with mouse support?

because i want that in a big way, otherwise i'll prolly just buy it

last ogre i played was on psx btw, hoping this is at least as good

Top Bottom