• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together |OT|: Fat Bottomed Girls

Curufinwe

Well that was a very depressing ending,
no Catiua, and Denam shot dead at his own coronation
and it turns out I was on the Chaos path the whole time when I thought I was being very lawful.

I guess I need to go back to the end of Chapter 1 with the world tarot.

Curufinwe said:
Well that was a very depressing ending,
no Catiua, and Denam shot dead at his own coronation
and it turns out I was on the Chaos path the whole time when I thought I was being very lawful.
At least you got Lord.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Probably a stupid question, but this isn't even rumored to be coming out for anything non-portable, right? I sold my PSP shortly after buying this because I just don't play portables that much anymore.

WanderingWind said:
Probably a stupid question, but this isn't even rumored to be coming out for anything non-portable, right? I sold my PSP shortly after buying this because I just don't play portables that much anymore.
Nope.

Also, after? What?

i wouldn't count on it. you sold your PSP after buying TO? i wouldn't be able to. this was my most played game in 2011.

I just bought this a couple of days ago, and I'm loving it. I wanted to know if there was any non-spoilery advice to be had, though. I'm still only in the first chapter, and I just finished the mission where you have to save a Cleric from a bunch of ghosts (who later joined my party).

Aru

So it seems I'm almost at the end. Got through most of the game by killing the leaders only and now I have an underpowered party it seems. The hanging gardens are killing me :( Since I have to kill every enemy in every map, and chose the default path, I have to do this for 10 maps :/

I don't want to load a previous save and grind. I'll try to finish this game without grinding, but I'm a bit out of money lol.

Never used the craft system (too much time consuming in just about every game, I never bother), barely changed a few classes because I kept almost the same team for most of the battles.
Thankfully I got 2 archers and Canopus. Their finishing moves are what made me get this far.

Great game by the way, I like it far more that FFT (because of the quality of the port/remake and the story doesn't involve those stupid Lucavi).

Around what level are your best party members? I stopped playing the game just before that sequence because I'm dreading what sounds like a long dungeon.

How many Archers/Ninjas/White Knights/other special classes you got there, Aru? If not many, grind to 21+ then go back in.

Around what level are your best party members? I stopped playing the game just before that sequence because I'm dreading what sounds like a long dungeon.

Those are the best kind!

Gattsu25

Banned
I was too weaksauce for this game but have been thinking about starting over.

I honestly can't make it past the 5th fight in the game :\

wow, even old ot's are gettin moved to community, crazy

i still haven't started this game even though i've had a copy for a good six months

it might be another six months before i even think about starting it, too, sadly

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just picked it up once more, as I attempt to clear my backlog. Catiua is such a baby on Chaotic route, it's sort of silly. I would have gone neutral on the playthrough, but it apparently makes some characters unrecruitable on the Timeline play afterwards.

So I'm finally going to be able to pick this up and play it. Is there anything I can royally fuck up at the begining?

Yes, but it is the way of this game. There are missible factions, recruits, and side quests; given the nature of the game's plot and the theme of Denam (you) living with the tough choices that are forced upon you. But! There is the CHARIOT system that allows you go back behind yourself after beating the game getting all the stuff lost to history. It's a brilliant, brilliant move in this case.

Character building-wise, stick with skills that level up with time (Anatomy, 2H Sword, Augment Fire, etc), as they are very potent (and necessary) later on. The ones that don't can be swapped in and out as needed.

Grinchy

Banned
There's a mission where there is an AI female on the other side of a swamp that needs to be rescued. I had to re-play it about 10 times before I could actually rescue her. I couldn't get my people anywhere near her and through random probability, sometimes she'd die.

She'd either walk just out of healing range right when I could get a healer close enough, or sometimes she'd just get hit with a critical and it would be physically impossible to save her. I haven't played the game since I was able to save her. I hope there aren't a lot of missions like that.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
There's a mission where there is an AI female on the other side of a swamp that needs to be rescued. I had to re-play it about 10 times before I could actually rescue her. I couldn't get my people anywhere near her and through random probability, sometimes she'd die.

She'd either walk just out of healing range right when I could get a healer close enough, or sometimes she'd just get hit with a critical and it would be physically impossible to save her. I haven't played the game since I was able to save her. I hope there aren't a lot of missions like that.

Only a few that are really that annoying. Best course of action is usually to send your fastest unit (probably Canopus) into the fray and attempt to draw some attention away from the rescue target. But sometimes the AI you're trying to rescue will do crazy things and it can't be helped.

Aru

How many Archers/Ninjas/White Knights/other special classes you got there, Aru? If not many, grind to 21+ then go back in.

Those are the best kind!

I have 2 Archers. None of the others.
My main 12-man team is:
- 1 Warrior (Denam)
- 1 Berserker
- 2 Archers (Arycelle and one other girl)
- 1 Vartan (Canopus)
- 4 Valkyries or whatever the male equivalent is (Cerya, Cistina + 2 generics)
- 1 Cleric
- 1 Knight (That gold armored guy, I don't remember his name)
- 1 Princess (you know who)

My other guys are completely underleveled or don't have a lot of skills.

I'm trying to grind a few levels, but it's boring.
If I'm grinding to be just around level 27, the enemies shouldn't keep up with my characters, no ?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Managed to do Port Omish on my Chaotic playthrough without grinding. Just have to get a bit lucky and hope Diego doesn't have a death wish. Could probably have waited until the after game, but that wouldn't be any fun.

Sarcasm

SO I picked this up. This is my very first tactics game ever and I feel overwhelmed.

Any tips? I am to the point where I got 30K to spend (I can't figure out what is upgrades) and about to go battle. I bought those healing leaf things.

-Stranger-

I am really having trouble with the battle at the end of chapter 2. My Denam isn't powerful enough it seems.

I'm only inflicting 1hp damage on Vyce and i have no finishing moves. He is a level 12 knight and i can't see any skills that is going to make my attacks more powerful.
I was going to change him back to Warrior but i haven't got the classmark so i'm stuck as a knight with no way to win this fight?

I fear I'm going to have to load my only other save a lose a whole 6 hours progress >_<
(right back at the Balamusa battle) they really weren't kidding when they say to save often!

Any tips so i can salvage my save?

I am really having trouble with the battle at the end of chapter 2. My Denam isn't powerful enough it seems.

I'm only inflicting 1hp damage on Vyce and i have no finishing moves. He is a level 12 knight and i can't see any skills that is going to make my attacks more powerful.
I was going to change him back to Warrior but i haven't got the classmark so i'm stuck as a knight with no way to win this fight?

I fear I'm going to have to load my only other save a lose a whole 6 hours progress >_<
(right back at the Balamusa battle) they really weren't kidding when they say to save often!

Any tips so i can salvage my save?

Did you switch weapon types? This is difficult to do quickly unless you plan ahead and switch to a class that can also use that weapon type.

Warrior class marks are available at all shops by that point. Did you keep two saves? There are places where they warn you to...

Save early. Save often.

-Stranger-

Did you switch weapon types? This is difficult to do quickly unless you plan ahead and switch to a class that can also use that weapon type.

Warrior class marks are available at all shops by that point. Did you keep two saves? There are places where they warn you to...

Save early. Save often.

Yeah it's okay now. I decided to start over from the other save and I'm nearly back up to the Vyce battle.
This time my characters are stronger and i'm leveling up skills properly.
Even managed to recruit a Beserker :) I'm going to try and get a Dragon soon!
This game is really addictive! Definitely keeping a few save files this time ;)

Not worth starting a thread so throwing this in here:

TOPA.jpg

TOP.jpeg

http://www.axelmark.co.jp/pr/2012/000949.php

Ogre battle social game on mobage. We still aren't sure if it's a logo copy or actually licensed out by square(likely copy game, in Japanese the name is spelled o-gre battle not ougre battle(how the square-enix version is spelled) )

Lots of talk about humans retreating a country in the sky to building up airships in order to fight the occupied lands held by giants

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
So I'm on Chapter III and currently I'm raising a Ninja, and, to be honest, the class is kind of... Lame? The unit can barely stand a fight against the average enemy even if the class level is 8 and has all the respective equipment and skills. I'm used to babysit an unit (Terror Knight) but I'm wondering if the ninja class is essential for the first playthrough or just focusing on it later with the WORLD system for another route.

Also, Canopus is awesome.

Soulhouf

I remember switching Denim to Ninja as soon as I got the class mark and he was destroying everybody with that class.
You have all you need for a killer: speed, precision, distance and power (being able to strike twice is awesome).

bernardobri

I remember switching Denim to Ninja as soon as I got the class mark and he was destroying everybody with that class.
You have all you need for a killer: speed, precision, distance and power (being able to strike twice is awesome).

Hm, I'm using a generic unit as the ninja class. And so far Denim is kicking it as a Warrior, so maybe should I change him and start to grind him?

Koroviev

I just picked this up, and am only a few battles in.

Any starter tips you guys could give? Things I should keep in mind, things that may help?

Thanks. :)

Archers, knights and Canopus are op. If you have a mage (they're useful sometimes), try to focus on only one type of magic (I.e. dark magic). Don't charge forward. Set up a wall backed by archers and let the enemy come to you. If you have to save someone, then you can always naked Campus it (I.e. send him without armor to protect the idiot). Uh...I think that's it. The game isn't very hard, the final boss notwithstanding.

Archers, knights and Canopus are op. If you have a mage (they're useful sometimes), try to focus on only one type of magic (I.e. dark magic). Don't charge forward. Set up a wall backed by archers and let the enemy come to you. If you have to save someone, then you can always naked Campus it (I.e. send him without armor to protect the idiot). Uh...I think that's it. The game isn't very hard, the final boss notwithstanding.

Thanks much, appreciated. :)

What's the purpose in removing his armor before you send him in?

Man, I remember why I usually avoid SRPG's.

I am terrible at them.

I went into the first free battle, thinking I would level up my people a couple times. Most of them died, so the two classes that DID survive jumped up to level 5, while everyone else is at 2. So I go into the free battle again and all the enemies are level 5, so my level 2's are going to get destroyed.

Now I got past the third story battle and recruited a Knight that's back at level 1. So I can't really bring him into battle against level 5's to level him up.

Feel like I'm doing something wrong here, haha.

Koroviev

Man, I remember why I usually avoid SRPG's.

I am terrible at them.

I went into the first free battle, thinking I would level up my people a couple times. Most of them died, so the two classes that DID survive jumped up to level 5, while everyone else is at 2. So I go into the free battle again and all the enemies are level 5, so my level 2's are going to get destroyed.

Now I got past the third story battle and recruited a Knight that's back at level 1. So I can't really bring him into battle against level 5's to level him up.

Feel like I'm doing something wrong here, haha.

I wouldn't recommend grinding in this game. I was able to finish it by simply using the basic classes for the most part and doing the story missions. Once you have a few decent skills on each character and some good equipment, the game really isn't very difficult.

bernardobri

Man, after about fifty hours in the game, I can say for sure that the Swordmaster class is so bad. As an example, Hobyrim turned out to be a better archer than Arycelle and it's not even his initial class...

Man, after about fifty hours in the game, I can say for sure that the Swordmaster class is so bad. As an example, Hobyrim turned out to be a better archer than Arycelle and it's not even his initial class...

Hobyrim has a crazy high DEX stat, so that's not really surprising.

Top Bottom