• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tactics Ogre PSP - New videos and official site update (JP)

duckroll

The credits from the opening if anyone is interested:

Character Design - Akihiko Yoshida, Tsubasa Masao

Programming Director - Takashi Katano
Tool & System Programming - Akiyoshi Masuda

Lead World Designer - Kazuhiro Kataoka
Lead Graphics Design - Kiyofumi Kato
Lead Background Design & Technical Artist - Shinpei Sakata

Lead Visual Effects Design - Jiro Mifune
Visual Effects Programming - Seiki Iwamura
Visual Effects Design - Noriko Nishida

Main System Programmer - Shinichi Fujisawa
Lead Menu UI Design - Hikaru Suzuki
Additional Programming - Masateru Ishiguro

Lead Menu System Designer - Yuichi Murasawa
Battle & System Programmer - Noritsugu Mochizuki
AI Design - Takeshi Tomioka

Lead Event Designer - Motoharu Tanaka
Dialogue - Kyoko Kitahara
Event Design - Taiji Tsuchiya
Event Script Editor - Yuichi Isobe

Music (Basiscape Co Ltd) - Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata
Sound Effects Designer (Basiscape Co Ltd) - Masaaki Kaneko

Producer - Eisuke Yokoyama
Project Manager - Hiroaki Kato

Game Design & Scenario - Yasumi Matsuno
Director - Hiroshi Minagawa

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
emot-fappery.gif

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Practically old school Quest.

This will be Minagawa's first time in the solo seat as director, even though all he has to do is steer the ship :lol

Ricker

duckroll said:
Holy shit, the Prologue is voiced in English!

And nicely done as well...wow at some of those names hehe(I mean the names of the characters in the trailer),good stuff.

duckroll said:
The credits from the opening if anyone is interested:

Character Design - Akihiko Yoshida, Tsubasa Masao

Programming Director - Takashi Katano
Tool & System Programming - Akiyoshi Masuda

Lead World Designer - Kazuhiro Kataoka
Lead Graphics Design - Kiyofumi Kato
Lead Background Design & Technical Artist - Shinpei Sakata

Lead Visual Effects Design - Jiro Mifune
Visual Effects Programming - Seiki Iwamura
Visual Effects Design - Noriko Nishida

Main System Programmer - Shinichi Fujisawa
Lead Menu UI Design - Hikaru Suzuki
Additional Programming - Masateru Ishiguro

Lead Menu System Designer - Yuichi Murasawa
Battle & System Programmer - Noritsugu Mochizuki
AI Design - Takeshi Tomioka

Lead Event Designer - Motoharu Tanaka
Dialogue - Kyoko Kitahara
Event Design - Taiji Tsuchiya
Event Script Editor - Yuichi Isobe

Music (Basiscape Co Ltd) - Hitoshi Sakimoto, Masaharu Iwata
Sound Effects Designer (Basiscape Co Ltd) - Masaaki Kaneko

Producer - Eisuke Yokoyama
Project Manager - Hiroaki Kato

Game Design & Scenario - Yasumi Matsuno
Director - Hiroshi Minagawa

These people need medals.

Every single one of them.

duckroll said:
After it bombs? Probably back to retirement.
You saw his tweet about a month and a half ago about how he felt sick and squeezed some kind of gross/creepy cylindrical thing out of his tear duct right?

Totakeke

Ricker said:
And nicely done as well...wow at some of those names hehe(I mean the names of the characters in the trailer),good stuff.

Having an english prologue and the names being pronounced makes the game infinitely more awesome.

"Abuna Brantyn Morne"
"Bakram-Valerian Kingdom"
"Hierophant Leundar Balbatos"

"Woah, I can't remember any of that shit... badass..."

Suzzopher

I remember reading the preview of this in Super Play back in 1994/95. I never did get around to learning Japanese as I promised I would. It'll be 16 years of waiting by the time I get to play this and understand what is going on.

Minsc

Gold Member
WanderingWind said:
Aw, fuck. This comes out 4 days before I'm supposed to take a cross country trip. :D

No way is 4 days enough for this game, you're screwed. Better not take the PSP with you!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Minsc said:
No way is 4 days enough for this game, you're screwed. Better not take the PSP with you!

Nah, I'll be driving/riding from coast to coast. About 5 days worth of nothing better to do than play this. Happy!

Bebpo

Banned
duckroll said:
She's actually writing all the dialogue for the new event scenes in the game.

Why isn't Matsuno writing the new scenes? I thought that was one of the selling points of the added content.

Pinko Marx said:
Wtf did I just get an advertisement IN THE MIDDLE of watching a youtube?

Fuck this.

Yep.

Channels for big companies usually do that.

Bebpo said:
Why isn't Matsuno writing the new scenes? I thought that was one of the selling points of the added content.

I think he's doing the the scenario(i.e. what the basic premise of a scene is and what happens during that scene), and she's just writing what the characters specifically say(in relation to how Matsuno says a scene should go down, of course).

Fimbulvetr said:
I think he's doing the the scenario(i.e. what the basic premise of a scene is and what happens during that scene), and she's just writing what the characters specifically say(in relation to how Matsuno says a scene should go down, of course).
And then it'll be turned into sheer poetry by Alexander O. Smith, GOD OF LOCALIZATION. <3

duckroll

Bebpo said:

What Fimbulvetr said. Matsuno said it's way too much work to do everything alone like what he used to do. The script in TO is significantly expanded, and he has a lot more things to revise and design this time. He's revising the entire original script, writing the scenario plot, and supervising stuff. He's also designing all the gameplay systems and tuning the game, balancing stuff, etc. So someone else can write the script pertaining to the new characters. I don't think he really cares about the "new" material much, so much as correcting and perfecting the original content from the game.

Just finished watched all the videos.
*sigh*
I'm such a sucker for Matsuno games. They just have a sort of polish, charm, and sophistication to them. Everything seems top tier.

Skilletor

Pinko Marx said:
Just finished watched all the videos.
*sigh*
I'm such a sucker for Matsuno games. They just have a sort of polish, charm, and sophistication to them. Everything seems top tier.

I agree. A. Smith's definitely don't hurt, either.

I wish this was coming out sooner in NA. :(

totoro'd

Woot I can't wait, the only other Tactics game i've played was Ogre Battle 64 back in the day (and loved it! Never finished it though, think I got caught up in another game and never went back to it), will be so nice to have this portable too

Lonewolf

duckroll said:
After it bombs? Probably back to retirement.

It won't bomb, no way. Squeenix is giving it a decent marketing push. Matsuno seems to have a pretty big following, and so does Tactics Ogre. The game ranks very high in Famitsu's top games of all time lists. It has a big legacy, and it's a seminal title.

It will do very decent numbers at worst.

Want so hard.

I wish I could pre-order the PSN version.

Better yet, I wish I could just get the UMD and easily still use Custom Firmware.

Top Bottom