• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin |Series Discussion Thread| A Donderful World

3DS3's Game Music section is particularly marathon-y for whatever reason. Outride a Crisis, Rising and Ghosts 'n Goblins (which uses a shorter cut in crossbeats) all hover around 3 minutes, which is pretty nuts. It's definitely normal to get tripped up by songs that just keep going on like that.

It's tough to really comment on Switch vs. PS4 for Taiko right now given the total lack of info on the former and the tiny amount we know about the latter. First entries on new platforms are often rough, but most recently V Version ended up mostly avoiding that. If I had to comment now, PS4's currently revealed tracklist has me thinking that, at least in the license department, most of the goods are being saved for Switch, but who knows when it comes to NOs and DLC. But we don't know if Switch will have a single player campaign or comparable online features or even support a Tatacon soooo... yeah, who can say

oh and of course other games in each's library should be factored in lol
I mostly want the Switch for Odyssey. I haven't been genuinely hyped for a new Mario since Galaxy and I love that game so much. Splatoon 2 is one I want as well. The PS4 has quite a few exclusives I want to play but I'm only really dying to play Nier Automata and Persona 5. I play on Xbox One and plan on getting the X if I can afford it, but I'm considering getting a Switch instead just for the Nintendo games. That said, I just got the Wii U back in February and haven't really gotten around to most of the exclusives there... so I should take some time and play that more.

As for Taiko, I also forgot to mention I finished Meccha single player (which I didn't know had one until months later since it wasn't obvious like all the other games with it included) and almost did it on hard the whole time except the last encounter where the note chart is so difficult to see I just kept hitting bombs and failed to keep a combo going. In 3DS2 I had to switch during the boss fights about halfway through. I think I'm doing DS3 next and going in order from there. I'm slowly doing the story in Atsumete but I really don't know what I'm doing other than getting these animals in my little house... lol.

Not that important but I found the most meta thing in Beautiful Katamari last night when I booted it up for the first time in 5 years. The tutorial music is the same version of LaCampanella in the Taiko games. After playing so much DS2 I immediately recognized it - I know Don has showed up in other games, but has any (non licensed) music shown up in other Bandai/Namco games? I'm kinda hoping a run into something like that again since the classical arrangements and originals are some of the best songs in Taiko in my opinion :)

Barring crossovers to other music games, for all the appearances of Don-chan and other Taiko imagery in Namco games, Taiko music almost never makes it in. If anything, it's usually Taiko arrangements of Classical pieces (I wouldn't be surprised if there were more in the Katamari series) or Namco game music.

Off the top of my head, I know Namco's We Ski and its sequel have lots of music from Namco games like Ridge Racer and Katamari as BGM, and I believe between the two games, there's some Taiko music as well (I've only seen Sports Digesdon specifically named, but I've never played them so I can't say whether or not there's more).

edit: Found this tracklist for the second game, have no idea if it's the same for the US version.

A trick I found for 3DS players - or PSP/Vita players too. This is mostly for the former because of the low volume from the system even with headphones. If you have a laptop or PC, with a mic in and audio out, get a male to male 3.5mm cable and plug one end into your PC or laptop and the other into your console. Then plug in your headphones/sound system into your output. Assuming you're using Windows go into the Properties of the mic input and select listen to this device - and boom, you can make your Taiko playing experience get to earrape levels if you want to. I know people use portable preamp systems and those are probably better suited, but if you're cheap like me this works great. I intended to use it for recording with Electroplankton and the Korg applications but thought this might work for amping the 3DS output up and it did well! You will get clipping if you go too high, and forget the DS games with this because the compression is too low for it to handle being amplified so much, it doesn't sound good at all. It really brings out the bass in some of the tracks, though I haven't used it much admittedly. In general this is a revelation for me but really makes you wish Namco used higher quality samples - the games are about 400MB, but then again they sound fine if you're not boosting the audio like you're not supposed to :)

It's looking to me like we're not getting free songs on the PS4 version.
This could be a good or bad thing honestly, though, it worries me if it's all paid the good stuff (game music, classical, Namco) won't be as prominent. Hopefully that's there too or at least the disc set is big to begin with (they should really go for a 100+ tracklist if they only plan on one PS4 release)

Seems like most saw it, but I posted the latest updates for Taiko PS4 here.

I feel like the 3DS3 model of a free song a month along with a paid pack is the best we've had so far, because while all Wii U DLC being free was great, I get the impression it was only a result of the Wii U's sales struggles. The low base song count is definitely a bummer, especially seeing the retailer exclusive preorder songs which would've made for great tracklist filler. Hopefully like on Wii U, the next PS4 game (which I'm almost certain will happen) aims for the 100 mark.

In general I'm feeling a decent bit better about the PS4 game. While it's clear a decent amount of good stuff is being saved for Switch (which I'm guessing is treated like a handheld entry), there's at least some neat new stuff and console debuts now. The featureset seems surprisingly complete as well, with Training mode in the first entry along with all the new replay stuff and online ranked matches. Honestly online vs in a rhythm game is super dumb and arbitrary but... I see myself spending a lot of time with it lol

Belatedly going through this thread and it's so useful (and the OP is superb). I've been interested in giving the series a go for a while now, having only played it in the arcades as a kid, and now have a multi-region PS2 to play with. So gonna try and grab a well-priced set soon...

Alright, Namco went ahead and dropped the full songlist for Taiko PS4 so here's the translation of it.

Now that we have the full list, I can say I feel pretty good about it. In particular there's more Namco Original console debuts than I was expecting, and a bunch of Game Music debuts are cool too. Still plenty of content for the Switch version to grab as well.

And speaking of which... they just dropped the whole tracklist while the game's three months away. And they're really trying to get those preorders in with discounts and bonuses. Makes me think they're actually going to start the press cycle for Taiko Switch before the PS4 game even comes out (and if not it's going to be a very dry couple of months lol)

Aizo

Banned
- Vocaloid track number is weak. Pop has a bunch of crap songs I'd never wanna play. PPAP is garbage.

+3 Touhou songs, game music looks good

+/- I don't know Namco originals by name, but I'm sure there's good stuff in there.

Overall, feeling the fatigue set in real hard after playing most of the Taiko games in the last 3 years (6 games). The number of songs is disappointing, and I feel like I'd mostly be paying for songs I've already had in other iterations. It's like a super expensive DLC, essentially. I'd say that maybe the DLC could change my mind, but seeing as there will be a bunch of paid packs, it's just too much money. I don't know anymore. I know it wouldn't really be viable, but I wish they'd just support one title for years. I'm sick of buying new versions and all the overlap.

Glad they're stepping away from Vocaloid stuff. They were fun to play but those songs weren't my thing. Game music seems okay... I suppose. Only one new classical track and having Carmen Prelude and William Tell Overture is disappointing - those two are so abundant but they're charted well I just played them too much. Everything else is what I expected.

I can get a third party Tatacon on eBay for $29 shipped... that's the lowest I've ever seen one sell for. Are they any good or should I just get the official one that's around $80 when I can afford it? Are the Wii/Wii U controllers going to drop now that the PS4 edition is on it's way or just excess stock?

I totally get the sentiment about overlap and buying a bunch of boxes. If you're facing burnout I definitely encourage skipping games and coming back to them if you ever feel like it. Absolute worst case is DLC gets delisted, but now that we're off of 3DS you shouldn't need to own the game to get the DLC. Waiting for details on Switch version and then choosing either that or the PS4 version is probably a good idea. PS4 in particular probably has a lot of tracklist overlap because it's an introductory game for new international audiences.

Oh, speaking of which, English Taiko! What a world. If they're coming back to the Chinese and Korean markets too, I guess that must mean their recent translated releases did well. Now if only Namco could figure out a workaround to support modern Taiko cabs in the West...

I can get a third party Tatacon on eBay for $29 shipped... that's the lowest I've ever seen one sell for. Are they any good or should I just get the official one that's around $80 when I can afford it? Are the Wii/Wii U controllers going to drop now that the PS4 edition is on it's way or just excess stock?

I've never owned a 3rd party Tatacon myself, buuuut I've never heard anything good about them. And official ones aren't very good unless you mod them either. No idea if the Wii drum will drop in price, but I still think a wait-and-see approach is good. If the PS4 or (hypothetical) Switch Tatacon ends up actually being good out the box, I'd recommend saving cash up for the purchase of that console and Tatacon bundle.

I totally get the sentiment about overlap and buying a bunch of boxes. If you're facing burnout I definitely encourage skipping games and coming back to them if you ever feel like it. Absolute worst case is DLC gets delisted, but now that we're off of 3DS you shouldn't need to own the game to get the DLC. Waiting for details on Switch version and then choosing either that or the PS4 version is probably a good idea. PS4 in particular probably has a lot of tracklist overlap because it's an introductory game for new international audiences.

Oh, speaking of which, English Taiko! What a world. If they're coming back to the Chinese and Korean markets too, I guess that must mean their recent translated releases did well. Now if only Namco could figure out a workaround to support modern Taiko cabs in the West...

I've never owned a 3rd party Tatacon myself, buuuut I've never heard anything good about them. And official ones aren't very good unless you mod them either. No idea if the Wii drum will drop in price, but I still think a wait-and-see approach is good. If the PS4 or (hypothetical) Switch Tatacon ends up actually being good out the box, I'd recommend saving cash up for the purchase of that console and Tatacon bundle.
Ideally I want to play on a real machine but there are 8 public ones in the US and I'm not close to any of them sadly so unless we get a localization again (which if it even happens, I imagine the English tracklist will be pretty bad and they'll ruin Don's voice acting) or I ever go to Japan I won't get a chance to play the real thing.

Type40

Concerning the South East Asian version w/ English, where would I import one from?
Also would Japanese dlc work with the SEA version?
Information seams a bit sparse for importing SEA games.

Can't wait for penpineapplepen.

I've never seen this thread before. Pretty interesting as I loved to play Taiko drums in arcades in Japan. I bought Chibi Dragon for my 3DS and love it.

Ideally I want to play on a real machine but there are 8 public ones in the US and I'm not close to any of them sadly so unless we get a localization again (which if it even happens, I imagine the English tracklist will be pretty bad and they'll ruin Don's voice acting) or I ever go to Japan I won't get a chance to play the real thing.

Yeah, even more so than with most arcade music games, Taiko cabs are super hard to come by in the West cuz they're tough to maintain. The only luck I've had is any convention that Tokyo Attack brings their machines to, and even then it's only Taiko 10 and 14.

With Namco actually distributing stuff like Maximum Tune in the West, and the first English Taiko release in over a decade... it's still probably too much to hope for the arcade version to make it over here officially, but we're at least closer than ever.

Concerning the South East Asian version w/ English, where would I import one from?
Also would Japanese dlc work with the SEA version?
Information seams a bit sparse for importing SEA games.

I feel like a decent number of the usual suspect import sites carry Asian region stuff in addition to JP. I've never imported from that region myself so I can't personally testify. And Japanese DLC definitely won't work, you'd need to make a PSN account for the appropriate region and purchase PSN codes for that region as well.

Do you have a link to any of these mods? I have three drums and am willing to sacrifice one if it'll give the drum some more stability.

At some point I'd like to compile an English guide on Tatacon modding cuz basically nothing exists, but my attempt at modding resulted in one of mine going out of commission so I'm don't consider myself qualified.

Pretty much the only English guide that exists is this one that was posted on GAF, and it covers a few of the most common sensitivity mods. A really simple noise reduction one is to stuff the controller's cavity with tissues like at the end of this video. Then I've seen a few ones around for making the Tatacon weightier by coating the inside of the back panel with clay, but I can't find the video atm. If you search around with the keyword "タタコン改造" you'll find lots of videos of mods.

Basically my advice for going about it is don't try to do too much at once. My misstep was doing too many risky mods at the same time. I'd start with really simple, zero risk ones like replacing the sponge with cork and stuffing it with tissues. Then you can go back and attempt stuff like evening out the pad covering the sensor and putting rubber strips on the rims. Basically, be smart about it. Unlike me.

Pretty much the only English guide that exists is this one that was posted on GAF, and it covers a few of the most common sensitivity mods. A really simple noise reduction one is to stuff the controller's cavity with tissues like at the end of this video. Then I've seen a few ones around for making the Tatacon weightier by coating the inside of the back panel with clay, but I can't find the video atm. If you search around with the keyword "タタコン改造" you'll find lots of videos of mods.
Cheers for that! The sensitivity is definitely an issue but my biggest complaint is how much they move around. I'm not sure if I want to load them up with clay, but I'll check out some of the Japanese guides.

How did you manage to destroy yours, if you don't mind me asking? Unless you were using a soldering iron I imagine they're pretty hard to render completely broken.

Aizo

Banned
My Wii U tatakon is in another country. If I buy the PS4 game with the tatakon, I'll likely have to do a sound reduction mod. I moved to a new place this month, and the walls are super thin.

Sigh. I miss living in the mountains and being able to have loud parties or turn up my giant speakers or amplifier up high when playing guitar.

Cheers for that! The sensitivity is definitely an issue but my biggest complaint is how much they move around. I'm not sure if I want to load them up with clay, but I'll check out some of the Japanese guides.

How did you manage to destroy yours, if you don't mind me asking? Unless you were using a soldering iron I imagine they're pretty hard to render completely broken.

Ah, gotcha. For stability, "タタコン 固定" will get you results. Fewer videos but plenty of Yahoo answers posts.

Most stability improvements are centered around your setup rather than actually modifying anything, aside from increasing the weight like I mentioned. For some people, playing with it on top of a pillow or blanket or even magazine seems to do the trick (iirc there's also reports that playing with the Tatacon upside down can help??). Then of course, attaching it to something via tape or string or ratchet strap is also a good solution if you can work out a decent spot on the Tatacon to affix it. Or you can get fancy and make a stable base for it out of rubber and a non-skid sheet like this.

I don't want to recommend any solution in particular because I don't really have a "go-to" myself (since I use the Pro controller), but there's lots of options that just use stuff you probably already have, and if those are unsatisfactory you can try something more serious.

Mine's not ENTIRELY busted necessarily, but what messed it up was trying to remove the padding on the face sensor and replace it with a solid rubber sheet. Once the padding was torn off there was no way it was going back on, and since I stuck the rubber sheer right on the sensor, I worry trying to remove it would cause damage.

Aizo

Banned
Updated my dude for Summer. I lost my old account, but you can still shame me for my lack of full combos hahaha.
Code:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGEtr7aV0AABsHa.jpg[/IMG]

Edit: On a completely different subject, what is with how strict they are about selling arcade machines? First of all, it costs y'know, like 1 million yen. That's a big investment for a game. They also typically refuse private buyers. Also, if you're new to the game center industry, they will still likely refuse you. Why is it that they care what happens after they receive your money?

Updated my dude for Summer. I lost my old account, but you can still shame me for my lack of full combos hahaha.

Edit: On a completely different subject, what is with how strict they are about selling arcade machines? First of all, it costs y'know, like 1 million yen. That's a big investment for a game. They also typically refuse private buyers. Also, if you're new to the game center industry, they will still likely refuse you. Why is it that they care what happens after they receive your money?

Did you lose the card? If you connected it online you can transfer to a new card iirc. Not that it matters now, lol

Also, I think I can answer that! But as a disclaimer I'm not an arcade operator or anything and can only speak based on second-hand information I've heard.

Obviously the arcade model has evolved a lot in the last ten years or so, and right now it's one exclusively designed around "for-profit" use. Basically, why stop at selling cabinets/upgrade kits when the power of the internet can let you enforce receiving a cut of the profit? Manufacturers can track how much a machine makes in yen, and if arcades don't pay up they can drop support/deny them upgrades.

So, it's now in arcade manufacturer's interests for operators to earn as much as possible through their machines. It's why you see proprietary currencies like Paseli and Banacoin used for premium modes, netting them more profit per customer. So as they see it, every free play on a privately owned cabinet would be money out of their pocket. And as far as newer game centers go, I can't say for sure, but if I had to guess, maybe they don't have enough "credit", and they don't want them to cut and run? Or maybe they don't consider them worthwhile "investments", idk

I don't necessarily know the entire picture, but hopefully this at least fills in some holes

Speaking of aggressive capitalism, the latest Taiko Blog entry details the first two DLC packs for Taiko PS4. And, uh, yes, we're still 2 months out from the game's release. At the very least, it's nice to know some of what you get before you buy, and you can get a feel for what else will be coming. A fair share of home console debuts, some new tracks, and of course it's worth noting that they're all Namco Original so far. If you were hoping for licensed tracks you should maybe consider saving your money, but I'm definitely satisfied with the list so far.

The real kicker, though, is the bonus song exclusive to the Season Pass: Infinite Rebellion. The song was part of a collaboration that occurred this past month between Taiko and ISPION, a group composed of former Bemani artists. The song itself is an arrangement of Tatsh's Yuugen no Ran (which you may know as being the most difficult song in the game) by Daisuke Kurosawa (aka 96), a guitarist and composer who worked on Bemani games, most notably GuitarFreaks/DrumMania, for over a decade. Interestingly, despite both Tatsh and 96 being former Bemani composers, I think this is their first collaboration?

Anyways, if you couldn't tell from the link to the chart, this is an extremely difficult song, with the consensus being it roughly ties with Yuugen as being the most difficult song in the game. As a bit of a history lesson, it took 9 months from the time Yuugen was released in arcades for someone to manage a perfect play of the song. For Infinite Rebellion? Under 2 days. It's insane how much Taiko players have progressed in such a short amount of time, and it makes me wonder if there's ever going to be something in the game that truly challenges the community for an extended period of time ever again. Only time will tell, I suppose~

So that's what's up in the Taiko neck of the woods

Any word on whether the Asian English version will share DLC with the JP version? I know English isn't particularly necessary for Taiko, but I've got so many games on my plate that I figure I'll probably wait it out if the DLC is shared.

Aizo

Banned
Finally!

Touhou Project x Taiko Collaboration 3 started today. I was waiting on my Summer Touhou event. Yesssssss! I wonder which character I should buy with my tickets.

Any word on whether the Asian English version will share DLC with the JP version? I know English isn't particularly necessary for Taiko, but I've got so many games on my plate that I figure I'll probably wait it out if the DLC is shared.

The different versions won't be compatible with the same DLC cuz you'll need to get them from different region stores, but so far it seems like there's total parity. The Asian version has the same early buyer bonus as the Japanese one, and all the announced DLC are Namco Originals so licensing won't be an issue. So... I assume so? Wish there was an official site for the Asian version of the game to confirm, but I can really only go off the trailers they release.

Finally!

Touhou Project x Taiko Collaboration 3 started today. I was waiting on my Summer Touhou event. Yesssssss! I wonder which character I should buy with my tickets.

I'm surprised they managed to almost go an entire year without any new Touhou tracks lol

The different versions won't be compatible with the same DLC cuz you'll need to get them from different region stores, but so far it seems like there's total parity. The Asian version has the same early buyer bonus as the Japanese one, and all the announced DLC are Namco Originals so licensing won't be an issue. So... I assume so? Wish there was an official site for the Asian version of the game to confirm, but I can really only go off the trailers they release.

Thanks for the info :) I suppose it's DLC parity that I really care about, so we'll see. Something to keep an eye on.

Went back to Dororon Youkai Dai Kessen on the DS as I've been meaning to do the story mode on it for years, but it's way more text heavy than the 3DS games. Don't suppose anyone knows of a guide? Had a brief look this morning but didn't have any luck.

There doesn't seem to be any comprehensive guide out there, unfortunately, but there's some tips compiled here. I haven't played in a while, so I can't recall all of them, but I know there's some stuff that's not covered here, though (e.g. you need the kotatsu outfit on to go through a cold area).

It doesn't really get any more complex than "you need a certain outfit on to do a thing", though, so hopefully you don't run into too many problems?

There doesn't seem to be any comprehensive guide out there, unfortunately, but there's some tips compiled here. I haven't played in a while, so I can't recall all of them, but I know there's some stuff that's not covered here, though (e.g. you need the kotatsu outfit on to go through a cold area).

It doesn't really get any more complex than "you need a certain outfit on to do a thing", though, so hopefully you don't run into too many problems?

Perfect, thanks :) We'll see how it goes!

Hooked on the Vita version. What a dope game

Whats the best control scheme for this game? DS/Wii U Touch screen, Mobile phone touch, drum controller, or traditional controller?

Also is it true the drum controllers are very unresponsive?

Aizo

Banned
Hooked on the Vita version. What a dope game

Whats the best control scheme for this game? DS/Wii U Touch screen, Mobile phone touch, drum controller, or traditional controller?

Also is it true the drum controllers are very unresponsive?
The best controller is the arcade drum. Next, I'd say controller. That's followed by home console drum, which is incredibly fun, but also somewhat frustrating.

Just saw that a new game was coming out next month, i really enjoyed the vita one a few years ago so i'm thinking about picking it up. The drum should work on a european ps4 right? Also, i want to get it while im in japan(tokyo), does anyone know a good gameshop where i could pick it up?

btw, for anyone interested, Taiko Team is running a Twitter poll for a song to revive via the reward shop this winter. I know most people here don't have access to the AC version buuuuuut if you wanna vote, go ahead. Either reply to the tweet or tweet your vote with #復活ナムオリ

Just saw that a new game was coming out next month, i really enjoyed the vita one a few years ago so i'm thinking about picking it up. The drum should work on a european ps4 right? Also, i want to get it while im in japan(tokyo), does anyone know a good gameshop where i could pick it up?

Yup, any hardware and software should be region free. Can't really recommend a particular shop but just keep in mind that it's a pretty big box if you're looking to bring it back home in luggage, lol

Waiting to hear reactions to PS4 tatakon before I bite.

yeahhhhh I'm, uh, not too optimistic lol

Aizo

Banned
You think they'll be worse? If they're the same or better, I'm good. If they're worse, I'm out.

You think they'll be worse? If they're the same or better, I'm good. If they're worse, I'm out.

I mean, I can't really compare it to the Wii drum, but live demos with some pretty good AC players seemed like they had some dropped hits. It's tough to say how indicative this is of quality because I'm sure they're not used to playing on Tatacon and might've been expecting AC-level sensitivity, and it'll probably be a good deal better if you swap out the hollow plastic bachi for something more solid. So... that's pretty much all I can say, lol

Still, this idiot owns 3 stock Wii Tatacons and has a PS4 one preordered so I'll try to give a report when it drops. The main concern I've seen from Japanese players, more than the drum's sensitivity out of the box, is how easy it'll be to take apart and mod considering this one has buttons and stuff.

Theswweet

Does anyone have any idea how well Amazon Japan will ship my copy w/ Tatacon? I've got to admit I'm a mite worried about how it'll fare over international shipment...

Koppai

Does anyone have any idea how well Amazon Japan will ship my copy w/ Tatacon? I've got to admit I'm a mite worried about how it'll fare over international shipment...

Amazon Japan unlike the rest of the world, packs their stuff really well. I have gotten several figures with the box in perfect condition.

Theswweet

Amazon Japan unlike the rest of the world, packs their stuff really well. I have gotten several figures with the box in perfect condition.

Awesome, good to know.

I went down the rabbit hole with V Version, buying pretty much all the DLC. Can't wait to do the same here, but with a Tatacon!

Two brief notes on Taiko PS4:

First, for JP PS+ members, the TGS demo of the game is currently available to download. When I tried it they hadn't made it playable yet, but it should be usable until October 9th.

Secondly, the demo actually auto detects your PS4's system language and changes the game's language accordingly, despite being a Japan-only demo. It'd be odd if this functionality was only in the demo so... it seems like every version of the game might actually have every language, though this isn't hard confirmation.

Oh, and at least for the menu, Share Button actually works!

So if I wanted to get the PS4 version coming out, what's the best way for me to do that (I'm in the US)? I'd want to get DLC at some point and I'd really like the digital version of the game, but I'll need the Tatacon.

Aizo

Banned
So if I wanted to get the PS4 version coming out, what's the best way for me to do that (I'm in the US)? I'd want to get DLC at some point and I'd really like the digital version of the game, but I'll need the Tatacon.
About the DLC and a digital copy of the game, you could either make a Japanese account and play on that, or make a Japanese account, buy all the stuff, and as long as you're playing on the account's home console, you'll have access to all that stuff with your main account.

My main account is Japanese, so I'll just be playing normally.

About the DLC and a digital copy of the game, you could either make a Japanese account and play on that, or make a Japanese account, buy all the stuff, and as long as you're playing on the account's home console, you'll have access to all that stuff with your main account.

My main account is Japanese, so I'll just be playing normally.

Sweet. Might go that route if you can buy the tatacon separately. Is that possible? If so, what's the best place to order it?

Aizo

Banned
Sweet. Might go that route if you can buy the tatacon separately. Is that possible? If so, what's the best place to order it?
It should be 100% possible. I live in Japan. I can't really inform you on international shipping processes beyond the fact that Amazon Japan does ship some things internationally. Check there.

How stable of a surface do you need for a Wii tatacon controller? I play on my bed and that thing looks... not like it has weight. I want a PS4 but right now that's not possible so I'm thinking about just getting the controller since I love the series but never have played with the drum. I feel like I'm a bit of a poser if that makes any sense, I just use the buttons. The touch controls aren't great either.

How stable of a surface do you need for a Wii tatacon controller? I play on my bed and that thing looks... not like it has weight. I want a PS4 but right now that's not possible so I'm thinking about just getting the controller since I love the series but never have played with the drum. I feel like I'm a bit of a poser if that makes any sense, I just use the buttons. The touch controls aren't great either.

Honestly, you're proooobably never gonna get very stable gameplay with a Wii Tatacon short of anchoring it to something. I think I made a post earlier on this page about Tatacon stabilization if that's helpful at all.

There's seriously nothing wrong with playing with buttons. 95% of the time, that's how I play. Even a Tatacon is a pretty long shot from the "original arcade experience", which is unfortunately more or less inaccessible outside of Asia.

Top Bottom