• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin |Series Discussion Thread| A Donderful World

jbug617

Banned
I just downloaded the Japan demo and switched back to my American account. This shouldn't be translated right?
DLv4cLWXUAE1qmX.jpg

Theswweet

I just downloaded the Japan demo and switched back to my American account. This shouldn't be translated right?
DLv4cLWXUAE1qmX.jpg

There's an SEA English version coming out same day, so they might've actually made the same version worldwide - hence the JP demo defaulting to English on an English PS4.

Roubjon

If both versions are in English, I should probably go with the Japanese one correct? Someone in another thread said that licensing issues with certain songs prevent them from being in the HK version of the game.

I originally thought there might be missing tracks because some song names were removed in the first SEA trailer, but in the second one they were all intact. Right now it doesn't SEEM like there are any missing in the SEA version, but there's so little PR on that version that I can't offer 100% confirmation. At the very least, DLC is 1:1 between versions so far, which is a first for the series.

Similarly, even though it SEEMS like every version will have all languages because the Japanese exclusive PS+ demo did, that's not 100% confirmation either.

Roubjon

It seems like it's pretty safe to get either version then! I know it's not 100% but based on everything we've seen it seems we're in the clear. I guess now it's figuring out of Pre-Ordering the Deluxe Edition on PSN is cheaper on the HK or JPN Store. I'm guessing they are both going to cost me $100 in import PSN Cards.

By the time I get a PS4 getting that English version is gonna cost me... granted I don't need it, particularly if there isn't any story.

Also please tell me if you play in English all of Don's VO is still in Japanese...

By the time I get a PS4 getting that English version is gonna cost me... granted I don't need it, particularly if there isn't any story.

Also please tell me if you play in English all of Don's VO is still in Japanese...

Yes it is.

Can't even imagine what a dub would be like... *shudder*

Fuck this is out in like a week and a half?!

Man I'm so close to selling off my Wii U just for this game... that ranked match and practice has me dying but I can't say I'm thrilled with the tracklist either. How much would a used PS4 and a digital copy of the English version be?

It's gotta run you at least $300, I'd imagine.

I feel like with what we know about the PS4 game now, including the first 6 months of DLC being revealed, it's easier to get a picture of how it'll compare to the Switch game. PS4 seems like more of a "core" experience, with popular legacy Taiko licenses and lots of recent Namco Originals, while the Switch game will probably mirror the 3DS ones and have a larger focus on recent licenses and single player modes.

So, maybe that can help you out with making a decision?

Finally finished Atsumete Tomodachi Daisakusen... wasted all my credits by the end, it was nearly all 9 or 10 star oni songs but you could just back out and come back for a new set, was able to barely make it without changing the difficulty.

Time for... probably 3DS1.

Had a good time with the PS4 demo last night, and definitely thinking about pre-ordering a digital copy rather than waiting for the drum. Hmm...

A little disappointed that those 6 DLC packs are all Namco Originals. Wouldn't mind a few more pop/anime/game tunes!

Roubjon

Had a good time with the PS4 demo last night, and definitely thinking about pre-ordering a digital copy rather than waiting for the drum. Hmm...

A little disappointed that those 6 DLC packs are all Namco Originals. Wouldn't mind a few more pop/anime/game tunes!

Is there an easy way to find the PS4 demo?

Roubjon

Here's a link to the demo, assuming you've already got a JP PSN account you can use to download it.

lol, shit. I forgot my password for my JPN account. Thanks for the link though!

EDIT: I found the demo on the JPN PSN on my PS4 and downloaded it. Before I was on the fence because of the cost of the game but now I need it! I'm trying to think if the season pass is worth it... I'm going to buy the HK version of the game since I'll only need to spend $83 to get the Game with the season pass instead of $100 like the JPN version would cost me.

EDIT 2: Well, I just pre-ordered it. That hurt my wallet a lot. Worth it though.

Wanted to close things out with one last post~

Music Game GAF has a Discord server we'll be moving to, so you can either check out the DJMax Respect OT where it's linked, or hit me up on Twitter (should be linked in my profile) for the link. There's also an English Taiko community Discord I can link you to, and just hanging out on Twitter would be cool too.

Looking forward to discussing Taiko PS4 with y'all~

Top Bottom