• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin: V Version announced for Vita

Yasumi

Banned
Multiple control options would be nice. Buttons, front touch, and back touch. Pure back touch actually feels pretty good, and your fingers don't get in the way. Near the middle for the drum, edges for the rim.

Alright for real. Any tips on importing Vita games? If I want the digital version, do I just need a JP account? Would the physical version just work with my NA account? Any DLC issues with either?

Yasumi

Banned
Alright for real. Any tips on importing Vita games? If I want the digital version, do I just need a JP account? Would the physical version just work with my NA account? Any DLC issues with either?
Digital version: You need a Japanese account.
Physical version: You can play it on your regular account.
DLC: You need a Japanese account.

Harusame

Yay!! More rhythm games

What do we have so far...

Mobile: Deemo, Cytus, School Idol, Rhythm of Fighters
3DS: Project Mirai, Theatrhythm, Rhythm Heaven
Vita: Taiko, Project Diva, Persona 4 DAN, DJ Max

One on the PS2. However, it was doctored into Taiko Drum Master and wasn't really any specific title in the series iirc.

It was an entry specifically made for the West, which was released in Japan soon after with a slightly modified (improved imo) tracklist.

Anyways the chances of this being localized are basically zero, it's a licensing nightmare to end all licensing nightmares. If you want it you're gonna have to import it, that's how it goes with this series.

Malajax

One on the PS2. However, it was doctored into Taiko Drum Master and wasn't really any specific title in the series iirc.
It was also pretty awful. But hey, pretty sure you can still buy it brand new on Amazon for like 20 bucks with the drum and all. Good first step to importing some of the ps2 games.

So to play it on my Vita what do I have to do?

Just to play it, nothing. Buy the game physically, pop it in, and go for it. If you're buying digitally or plan on getting DLC songs, you'll need to have a spare Vita memory card for a Japanese PSN account, and to buy Japanese PSN cards for purchases (though we have no idea if the DLC will be free or paid or if there will be any at all), as foreign credit cards aren't accepted.

zeopower6

If you go physical, you don't have to do anything. Just put the cart in and play. However, you will not be able to use DLC unless you have your Vita set to the Japanese region already.

If you go digital, you will need to have your Vita set to Japan to access the store and the DLC is usable if you go digital, obviously. If you play a lot of import games (or mainly import games) and don't really use your local PS Store, go for digital.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vita/comments/1xwyla/what_ways_can_i_use_two_memory_cards/

If you decide to swap memory cards, there are tips in the comments here.

Renpatsu

For regions outside of Japan: Import a physical copy and play without DLC.
OR
Go through the convoluted process of changing your Vita to a JP account and buy it digitally with DLC compatibility.

Go with the former if you want to avoid the hassle.

Hazaku

Thank god my main PSN account is a JPN one.
P4 Dancing All Night followed by this :)

Really need to buy a bigger memory card soon though ...

Takao

Banned
Screenshots at the source:

Famitsu has gone up with its first online preview of Taiko Drum Master: V Version, Bandai Namco’s newly announced PS Vita entry in the drumming game series.

The game will feature over 80 songs, including those from anime, Vocaloids, and video games. If you missed it, catch the list of currently confirmed songs here.

There will also be a new game mode called “Donda Quest,” which follows a fantasy-esque story and fuses the rhythm game with RPG-like battles. The player controls Don-chan, who was sucked into a mysterious book and together with the heroine Maple (voiced by Ari Ozawa) must work to defeat an ancient dragon known as “Revolution.”

Taiko Drum Master: V Version is due out for PS Vita in Japan on July 9 for 5,690 yen (6,145 yen with tax).

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/04/first-look-taiko-drum-master-v-version#EVCiyZblhkDxLJ1C.99

Nyoro SF

This sucks because this won't be localized and switching accounts on Vita is a massive pain in the ass. I definitely wouldn't want to miss out on all that sweet DLC content either....

zeopower6

This sucks because this won't be localized and switching accounts on Vita is a massive pain in the ass. I definitely wouldn't want to miss out on all that sweet DLC content either....

Gonna just get physical and pray I don't really like any of the DLC. (I probably will)

Shizuka

Namco would be really nice if they released the free DLC as an optional patch or something like that, those aren't region-locked.

Shun

That's a terrible tracklist. Bring back the GOAT.

61BoBCSkTjL.jpg

i think anything oshiri kajiri mushi are the only things i'm actively hoping are not included

i don't even remember the last time it showed up so i'm pretty confident it won't be coming back anytime soon

edit: wii 5 and 3ds1 apparently. evidently not as long ago as i thought lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yay!! More rhythm games

What do we have so far...

Mobile: Deemo, Cytus, School Idol, Rhythm of Fighters
3DS: Project Mirai, Theatrhythm, Rhythm Heaven
Vita: Taiko, Project Diva, Persona 4 DAN, DJ Max

No good arcade bemani games though ( ≖‿≖)

Accoun

Someone mentioned in the Gematsu comments:

From Amazon JP's page, 3 more songs confirmed:
Cruel Angel's Thesis - Neon Genesis Evangelion
Guren no Yumiya - Attack on Titan
THE IDOLM@STER - Idolm@ster (Game)

From one of the screenshot, there's also Kibou e no Melody (Melody to Hope) - Namco Original

The iDOLM@STER? As in, the original and not 2nd mix?

muteki

Preordered from Amiami, looking forward to it.

Went back and forth as to if I should do digital or not (because I like to be able to pickup and play games such as this as quick as possible) but having multiple vita devices now has won out and went physical.

Top Bottom