• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version |OT| - Donder quest for the rhythm legacy (device)

batrush

If you like the track list, go for it. I don't play the must songs games very often anymore, but even at full price I still think they are worthwhile purchases.

muteki

Man, where are you supposed to find out about this? Presumably this was clearing out the stock?

I guess so, they are out of Blue now. It was actually closer to 3000 than I first thought, confused it with something else. Still not bad just for setlist if you like it. I haven't put a lot of time into tour mode as I'm a bit obsessive about full combos and stringing 3+ songs together is tough, but unlocking things like alternate vocal tracks is neat.

Yeah, they'll post the update about 12 hours from now. Just so happens that the update is the latest it can be this month, lol. The official Twitter teased an anime poll winner, and we'll be getting the Gurumin track for sure as well.

As promised:

Popular Song Pack 12
4/7/16, 500 yen

Anime:
Kakushinteki Metamorphosis (Himouto! Umaru-chan)
Jiriki Hongan Revolution (Assassination Classroom)

Game Music:
Soaring Through the Melancholy Skies (Gurumin)

Variety:
Kokihi no Sinzou -SCARLET HEART- (Touhou Project x Namco Sounds kyo feat. Asana (IOSYS))

Namco Original:
Haryu ~Haryu~

The Umaru track was the poll-wining Anime selection, and the Gurumin track was the 3rd place winner in the Falcom poll.

In other news, here's a new CM for the game featuring our pal kabe-Don.

oh right they announced the may dlc by the way

Popular Song Pack 13
5/6/16, 500 yen

Anime:
Clover Kakumation (Sansha Sanyou)
Cerulean (Gundam Build Fighters Try)

Classical:
Puchipochi

Variety:
Raiko Taiko Disco (Touhou Project x Namco Sounds Ryo Watanabe)

Namco Original:
Love Fantasy (HONOKA)

nothing that particularly piques my interest, but on the plus side there's no mention of this being the final DLC pack (and no shimedore indicating it as such), so i guess maybe DLC will continue through the release of 3DS3?

Shinriji

OP updated. Shit month.

nothing that particularly piques my interest, but on the plus side there's no mention of this being the final DLC pack (and no shimedore indicating it as such), so i guess maybe DLC will continue through the release of 3DS3?

I think that DLC should continue until the end of this year. At least I hope so, because there is a lot of songs that are missing from V version DLC.

angeal971

Neo Member
Can we guess Ladystar Wandering will be featured in june's pack ?
Puchipochi is cool since I don't have a wii u, other than that, this quiet the weak pack

I wonder if we're ever gonna get Ura Karyu as free DLC like 3DS2 got Ura Sacred Ruin and Ura Idolmaster was offered at launch, lol

Can we guess Ladystar Wandering will be featured in june's pack ?

Sounding like a safe bet, lol. At this point I'm wondering how in the world the CSs are going to catch up with the number of AC-exclusive licensed Touhou arranges. I was super surprised that 3DS3 was only having a single CS debut (not including the series debut track).

I think that DLC should continue until the end of this year. At least I hope so, because there is a lot of song that are missing from V version DLC.

I hope so too, I'm just not sure what to expect due to there being no precedent for two handheld games with ongoing DLC simultaneously. 3DS2's lasted exactly a year, which also happened to be the month before V dropped, so... who knows.

Yeah, I guess Golden Week threw things off a bit? But it's out now.

New anime track is decent for an anime 8 star (take that as you will, lol). Harmless increasing scroll speed gimmick, but honestly I'd consider that a good thing if anything because god knows 6-8 star anime tracks need any differentiating characteristics they can get.

Raiko Taiko Disco is fun enough and Puchipochi certainly fits right in with V's tracklist.

I just got this today from Amazon.

OMG so good! This thread is a wealth of info since I don't know Japanese, so THANK YOU!

When I first turned the game on, there were two options. No idea what they were, so I picked the first one. Nothing bad seems to have happened, but I do wonder what the second option was. It does not appear anymore after restarting the game.

When I first turned the game on, there were two options. No idea what they were, so I picked the first one. Nothing bad seems to have happened, but I do wonder what the second option was. It does not appear anymore after restarting the game.

Off the top of my head, I know it asks you to choose your control setup when you first start the game, but that should have pictures and had more than two options so I assume it's not that.

Maybe it was asking you if you wanted to see the tutorial? I don't recall whether or not it forces you to watch it. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's something that can be changed in options (and there's not really many options to mess with in the first place).

Passed the first series of Donder Questing! I notice there are 5 "decks" I can have saved for equipment. Are both my characters supposed to be on the same deck? Right now my girl is on line 2, and I am on line 1 but I can move them around. Here's a pic. http://i.imgur.com/SPY0PHf.jpg

Also, do I need to keep them both equipped with stuff? And it seems like the item I put in the last spot disappears? Are they consumeable?

Man this game is great. Thanks for any help!

EDIT: ok just figured it out, whatever line the character is on, that's the deck they use.

Still though I swear whatever is equipped in the last slot disappeard for my girl and went to the one I was using.

You'll want to have both of them equipped for the sake of dealing more damage and taking more hits and whatnot. It's possible to get rid of Maple and only have Don-chan go into battle but I don't think there's any reason to do that at all, lol. Whether you have them both on the same deck is up to you, I put em on different ones for the sake of getting more varied buffs in there.

The 5th slot should be your special attack (deck slots are weapon, armor, support, support, special attack). It shouldn't disappear, not sure what the deal with that is, lol. Sorry! The special attack slot dictates what happens when you hit the special attack note that appears during fights.

edit: Reading your edit, the reason it might be happening is because Don-chan and Maple each have a default special attack that's exclusive to them, so I guess one of them can't use a special attack if they share a set that uses one of the exclusive ones? It's the ones with their respective pictures on it.

batrush

Final DLC pack, #14. 7 songs.
img02.png

aww, there it is

Quick translation and links:
J-Pop:
Arigatou

Anime:
Checkmate!? (Dagashi Kashi)

Game Music:
Where is the Target? (Rolling Thunder 2)

Variety:
Ladystar Wandering (Touhou Project x NAMCO SOUNDS Junichi Nakatsuru)

Namco Original:
Nekokujira (with new Ura)
Evidence of evil (AJURIKA)
Shimedore2000+

would've been funny if ladystar wandering wasn't there but there it is lol

Anyways, shame to see it done, but all in all I thought V Version's DLC support ended up really good. I do think they laid the new anime tracks on a bit too thick in the end where I would've preferred to see debuts in other genres, but that's just a matter of my own taste. The DLC gave us lots of high-difficulty tracks, a bunch of favorites, and new songs or console debuts pretty much every month, so I can't really complain too much.

Super happy with how V Version ended up as a whole. Ended up getting a ton of use out of it, racking up the most hits out of any of the Taiko games I own (which maybe isn't saying a ton considering they've only counted above 100000 since 2013 but still). Looking forward to 3DS3 now, and really hoping this will be the last year of region locked Taiko for the foreseeable future.

Shinriji

Dissapointed that the DLC came to an end. Having LESS dlc than the DX version was pretty sad.

Otherwise, V Version was good, not great. Hopefully another Taiko comes next year to vita, and a more "regular" one this time. Everything about V version screamed spin-off.

angeal971

Neo Member
Hope namco launch taiko V2 next year or so, I didn't see the end of DLC coming this fast.
But for me, taiko V was the greatest game of the 3rd taiko generation so far, I mean, it has way more songs than any other of wii u & 3ds games, unprecendenced difficulty, most of the songs I wanted to play, a whole bunch of console debut and exclusive songs, touhou debut on console, new modifier takkun and shin-uchi debut among other stuff...
although there was a bit too much of anime songs (not my favorite genre), it was great.
I'm ready for taiko 3DS3 tho.

On a side note, Neko kujira ura is very easy to clear, but a pain to full combo, kind of toryu-ish ura, but well I'm glad I've finaly full combo music revolver ura and sotsu omeshiki, next in line, either ultraman x ura, gimme choco ura, dokadoka (was very close to full combo this one...) or shikou no ran

Wow, Ura Music Revolver FC is impressive. I can manage the streams, but I'm nowhere near consistent enough at the rapid dons, especially the ones in the middle directly following a stream, lol. Then if I made it to the end and fucked up the last note... I'd probably have to put the game down for a while, ahaha

Even if there's not another Vita Taiko (and really who knows, I could've never predicted Must Songs being a thing, and Nintendo handheld Taiko will be off next year), V Version felt to me like a major "step up" for CS Taiko to help it catch back up with the AC version. Based off of what we've seen thus far from 3DS3's features and confirmed songs/DLC, it seems to be picking things up where V left off
though I do much prefer Vita's pad for Taiko and wish it was region free of course

angeal971

Neo Member
The thing is when you get to pass rapid don, the second part with the long stream become very stressful, so better practice it to not choke it...I almost miss on the last big blue note tho, my heart almost skip a beat.

I feel it to, unlike taiko 3DS1&2 who was more aimed at children/casual player, taiko 3DS3 seems to target a more like V version audience, and I like it

Pieoneer

Neo Member
Soooooo I am in Japan right now and came across this game at an arcade with my husband (so fun!). Then we saw the vita games and were like wowowowow. And it said 1-4 players on the back of the disk. We were looking forward to versing eachother like we did in the arcade!

Upon returning to the hotel with two games in hand, neither of us could find the ad hoc mode for normal song selections. Only in the RPG mode, could we play together.

Does anyone know how to access, or if there even is, ad hoc mode for the basic song selection mode? Do we need to unlock it?

Kinda misleading if there is no such mode since psp had that mode (according to the Internet) and it is the basic way in which you expect advertised "multiplayer" in this game to work (given what the original arcade game is like).

Help!

Shinriji

Soooooo I am in Japan right now and came across this game at an arcade with my husband (so fun!). Then we saw the vita games and were like wowowowow. And it said 1-4 players on the back of the disk. We were looking forward to versing eachother like we did in the arcade!

Upon returning to the hotel with two games in hand, neither of us could find the ad hoc mode for normal song selections. Only in the RPG mode, could we play together.

Does anyone know how to access, or if there even is, ad hoc mode for the basic song selection mode? Do we need to unlock it?

Kinda misleading if there is no such mode since psp had that mode (according to the Internet) and it is the basic way in which you expect advertised "multiplayer" in this game to work (given what the original arcade game is like).

Help!

Only on Donder Quest (the RPG mode) I'm afraid.

Top Bottom