• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko Wii U 2 JP url showing "test page", same as the first prior to announcement

Thanks Speigel. :)

As mentioned, the first's website http://wiiu.taiko-ch.net gave the same message prior to being announced last year, if you try this url http://wiiu3.taiko-ch.net, you get an error message.

And the first has been a decent long tail seller for a Wii U 3rd-party game, constantly popping back in the Top 50 in Media Create every few weeks, last counted at 162,440 after launching at 17,518.

Now if Namco could localize this. :(

patientx

This is why I hate nintendo's region locking! There is no harm from potential buyers from international buyers for games like these. I got all the wii & ds taikos and they are all great. I wrecked my ds screen because of these games :) By the way do the original wii taiko drum work with these games ?

This is why I hate nintendo's region locking! There is no harm from potential buyers from international buyers for games like these. I got all the wii & ds taikos and they are all great. I wrecked my ds screen because of these games :) By the way do the original wii taiko drum work with these games ?

I believe so yes! :)

DizzyCrow

Region lock is nonsense, this game won't be localized, why the fuck I have to buy another console just to play this game? I'll never understand this shit.

Xerotwo

Damnit Nintendo, there's always a catch for your great systems.

Region locking is stupid for those who want to pay for great games that are less likely to be localized here.

well uh

guess i'll enjoy this along with the first a few years from now if a region lock workaround is found or if i decide to get a japanese wii u

patientx

And I imported every Wii games >.<
Just give me the choice Nintendo!

This is exactly why I can't understand this company !? If it isn't a specific license that can't be used in outside JP (like an anime based game) why can't they just release it on digital at least and let people decide whether to buy in another language... Would they lose money in this kind of situation at all ? No localisation etc... Just put the damn game and let us decide ...

DizzyCrow

This is exactly why I can't understand this company !? If it isn't a specific license that can't be used in outside JP (like an anime based game) why can't they just release it on digital at least and let people decide whether to buy in another language... Would they lose money in this kind of situation at all ? No localisation etc... Just put the damn game and let us decide ...

As if the Wii U install base wasn't small enough without region lock, hell between US and EU I can at least understand(but it is still bullshit) but why JP games too?

Koppai

It's most likely the strict licensing from JASRAC that prevents it from being released here. :(

I had videos of ouenda on YouTube that were removed because JASRAC is a bitch.

Top Bottom