• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Takashi Tokita (FFIV, more FFIV, even more FFIV, FF Dimensions) teasing a Switch game

Can you smell what the Tokita is cooking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
The hell?

Ff4 is amazing. Gimme more!

And...Cross was a great sequel to Trigger.

I'd still love a 4th game in the series though!

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
IV is my second least-favorite FF from the ones I've played (I-VI), slightly behind II. I didn't even bother with The After Years, since I've heard it mostly reuses dungeons from the main game.

Now, an actual good remake of V or VI... I'll be soooo into that.
Agreed. IV and X are probably the most over-rated in the series and we have already had more than enough of them.

V and VI never really got the remake treatment they deserve. I would love to see either of them remade.

Personally I would love to see V remade in a Bravely Default style, whereas VI remake should be similar to the CGI intro they made for the PSX version.

Wazzy

Banned
I personally can't wait to experience Final Fantasy IV the complete collection remastered port with bonus sequel and prequel to The After Years. Please be excited to rewatch convoluted deaths for the 20th time.

Takashi Tokita was director of Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Final Fantasy IV, Live A Live, Final Fantasy Legends and of course, the GOAT Chocobo Racing.
I was wondering what he did outside of the 90s, but checking MobyGames it seems in the past decade he's still mostly worked on things like versions of Final Fantasy IV. When not that, FF Dimensions and 4 Heroes of Light, so other things attempting to be old-school in different ways.
If you want a CT successor it is already out on the Switch.
Buy Setsuna, people.
I did, but maybe a dozen hours in (WHO KNOWS, it hasn't been 10 days), it seems like a more linear Chrono Trigger with the character and color sucked out of it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
FF IV is not my favorite FF game.

However I love collecting it. I have every physical release of it to date! Most of the digital ones too.

FinalAres

Bare in mind that this guy is the head of the mobile division and he's currently developing FF Dimensions II

So I'd expect a mobile port rather than a new game.

Scrawnton

Bare in mind that this guy is the head of the mobile division and he's currently developing FF Dimensions II

So I'd expect a mobile port rather than a new game.
I'll take ports of 1-7 +9 if it means I get them. All of those games have controller support anyway.

I know Tokita feels that it's not his place to remake other directors' games, but man... please consider FFV and FFVI. Those games' original directors are not interested in revisiting them, and they do not deserve to be remembered for those mobile abominations.

Top Bottom