• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Takashi Tokita (FFIV, more FFIV, even more FFIV, FF Dimensions) teasing a Switch game

Can you smell what the Tokita is cooking?

Results are only viewable after voting.

LordKano

Thought I might as well make a thread out of it, props to L~A for finding this :

Since we were discussing Squeenix support yesterday, what with that Nikkei interview... Takashi Tokita teasing... something.

https://twitter.com/Takashi_Tokita/status/850225809889517569

inb4 Final Fantasy IV: The Final Days: Director's Cut Extended HD.

Google translate gives me "Top-secret mission begins !" on his tweet. Seems pretty clear that he's working on a Switch game.

Takashi Tokita was director of Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Final Fantasy IV, Live A Live, Final Fantasy Legends and of course, the GOAT Chocobo Racing.

CBreakLOGO.png

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wonder if GAF would survive Chrono Trigger successor being announced.

We will never know.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Final Fantasy IV SNES ROM and The After Years direct mobile port on a single cart. Why this and not the DS and PSP versions? I'll be wondering that myself...

I'm joking of course.

I'm a bit surprised though, he's been doing mobile games for quite some time now. I wonder what he's working on.

Thought I might as well make a thread out of it, props to L~A for finding this :

Google translate gives me "Top-secret mission begins !" on his tweet. Seems pretty clear that he's working on a Switch game.

Takashi Tokita was director of Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Final Fantasy IV, Live A Live, Final Fantasy Legends and of course, the GOAT Chocobo Racing.

Coming 20XX

Gambit

Hope they will follow through and it won't take forever.

Wonder if GAF would survive Chrono Trigger successor being announced.

We will never know.

GAF? Who knows. But I might not!

GAF did survive Shenmue 3, so anything is possible.

As much as I am looking forward to it, for me Shenmue 3 is child's play compared to Chrono Trigger. This would be on the level of FF7 Remake.

Famassu

That reminds me of how they announced a 3DS Chocobo Racing title at the reveal of the 3DS that was promptly never mentioned again. I've always wondered what happened there.
3DS struggled early on and as such SQEX's early 3DS games weren't selling all that well, even flopped. I imagine they lost faith that a super niche game like Chcobo Racing would be able to sell well enough to turn profit and cancelled it within the first year of 3DS' life or something, if it was ever really all that far into production at all.

I'm not into final fantasy like at all but even then I'd be disappointed if it's just going to be a quick crystal chronicles spin off kind of thing instead of a main line game or an original IP

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm not into final fantasy like at all but even then I'd be disappointed if it's just going to be a quick crystal chronicles spin off kind of thing instead of a main line game or an original IP

That would make some people very happy though, but Tokita wouldn't be making a Crystal Chronicles game. If you want to be realistically conservative it's probably a mobile port or shared project like the Vita/mobile games. I seriously doubt it's a big project being teased here.

SalvaPot

Chrono Break or similar would be an E3 level reveal, I don't see them teasing it this soon

My money is on a port of any of the games teased on the OP, maybe all of them.

But if its a new quality game and its revealed to be Switch exclusive, oooh boy, I can already taste the salt.

But it was able to be ported to the DS. So with the Switch being even more powerful, it definitely has to have enhancements....

It's not Skyrim.

The DS version was essentially an enhanced SNES version with the PS1 cutscenes. The problem was with Chrono Trigger PS1, the load times were baked in because they still existed in the PSN version of the game

Mokujin

Crono Break in a BotW kind of world... my mind would explode.

Wishful thinking, it's probably a modest project

whatever this ends up to be, we won't know before a long time. But that's nice to see square commited to support the switch!

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Of course not. He delivers the goods to mobile and Sony.

No, he was the executive producer of a big title for a Nintendo title, years ago...remember The Crystal Be-wait, no, nevermind.

Could he be the one leading a mainline FF remake ? He was deeply involved et 4 remake but I supposed it was mainly because he was involved in the original game...

Could he be the one leading a mainline FF remake ? He was deeply involved et 4 remake but I supposed it was mainly because he was involved in the original game...

I'd absolutely love a 3D remake of 1 with actual characters to be honest. I really liked Warrior of Lights design in Dissidia, and I'd be down to see stuff at that level. Doesn't sound too grand either, but something that could be interesting.

I doubt it's that, but that's what your post made me think

I just hope it's something actually interesting and not Chrono Trigger... again.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
If you want a CT successor it is already out on the Switch.
Buy Setsuna, people.

Top Bottom