• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Abandons Trademark for Unreleased PlayStation 3 Exclusive Agent.

FranXico

It was vaporware. I guess the GTA V and RDR2 marketing rights were compensation for it never getting done.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
RIP Agent. We hardly knew you.

It's been obvious for years that it was dead but this pretty much kills any hope that people were holding on to.

wipeout364

Did we ever see anything other than the logo? I remember the reveal but it was just the name. I don’t think I ever saw artwork or a screen shot.

Hudo

Such a shame. It would've been nice to see what Rockstar could've done with the Cold War-Secret Spy stuff.

Only tangentially related but I would really dig a game set in 60s-80s Berlin where you would play a double agent, being able to cross the wall. Working for both the Stasi (or KGB) and the BND (or CIA). Always on the verge of deciding whom to aid and whom to betray. Eventually opening the possibility of either helping the Warsaw Pact taking over Berlin for good (and causing the NATO to abandoning the city) or to help tearing down the wall. 2 interesting, different settings in one city that could be explored.

Oh well...

Ar¢tos

Deep Down is next...
I don't think anyone was honestly thinking this game was actually (still) in development.

Fbh

Lol I had forgotten about this one. Was anyone really still expecting it to be a thing?

Rockstar now takes like 5-7 years to make games and then sell a billion units. With the amount of money Sony would need to give them for them to consider making an exclusive they could probably fund 10 other exclusives instead.

BibiMaghoo

Did we ever see anything other than the logo? I remember the reveal but it was just the name. I don’t think I ever saw artwork or a screen shot.

I'm pretty sure there was a couple of screens taken from an artists portfolio. They were not released by R* or Take-Two in any capacity, but should still be around somewhere.

E: Here are the screens. Here is the artist.

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
i just want to know when Rockstar abandoned the game, i think this has to be the longest vaporware to finally get a confirmed death.

It was vaporware. I guess the GTA V and RDR2 marketing rights were compensation for it never getting done.

yep. it was never developed. nobody worked on it. its just vaporware. Sony isn't new to this vaporware thing, they did it with Eight Days which phil harrison later said it was a CGI video with button layout. and it looks obvious that it was.

also deep down. an another game that was never developed really. its just early gen vaporware.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Damn an exclusive R* game for SONY would have left a MASSIVE mark on the gaming world.

plushyp

Hold me... :messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:
I-know-that-feel.jpg

It was an illusion all along anyway. I was making a joke to a friend it will rise out of the ashes of the PS4 like a phoenix. Guess that ain't happening.

Pallas

Gold Member
Man this was a title I was really interested in when it was announced years ago. To be honest I had all but forgotten about this. I’m wondering what made R* and/or abandon it, that would be interesting if anyone knew.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Capcom extended the trademark for Deep Down in June this year, so putting it in the same category as Agent is premature.

Top Bottom