• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick claims the Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition ‘has done great’ following release ‘glitch’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

During a CNBC interview, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick also appeared to downplay the major issues the remaster collection suffered from at launch.

When it was put to Zelnick that there were “some defects in the new Grand Theft Auto” and that the game might have been released before it was ready, the executive seemingly sought to diminish the issues and the impact they have had on the product’s commercial performance.

“With regards to the GTA trilogy, that was actually not a new title. That was a remaster of pre-existing titles,” he said. “We did have a glitch in the beginning, that glitch was resolved. And the title of [sic] has done just great for the company.”

Kuranghi

I would say thats not true and fight me for it, but thats not a good idea.

Strauss Zelnick:

b2943241-1536-47f1-b6f0-2e54fa315ece_9cd8b3c7.jpg

Kuranghi:

IqyaWwm.jpg

Last edited:

manfestival

This guy is just the worst.

Why are all these big videogame CEOs such fucking assholes? Zelnick, Kotick, Andrew Wilson, Guillermot.. just terrible people all around.
Such is the life of the businessman at the top end. I have met a few of these guys and they were never friendly. Granted they are beholden to their share holders more than anyone else. The developers "focus" on the "clients" and the CEO focuses on doing what they can to advance the business model.

Kacho

Gold Member
Is that so?

*looks at the top 20 npd for December*

1. Call of Duty: Vanguard
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl*
  4. Madden NFL 22
  5. Battlefield 2042
  6. Mario Kart 8
  7. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  8. Mario Party Superstars*
  9. NBA 2K22*
  10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  11. FIFA 22
  12. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  13. Minecraft
  14. Far Cry 6
  15. Just Dance 2022
  16. Forza Horizon 5
  17. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
  18. Ghost of Tsushima
  19. Super Mario 3D World*
  20. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*

Yeah checks out

Kuranghi

Is that so?

*looks at the top 20 npd for December*

1. Call of Duty: Vanguard
  2. Halo Infinite
  3. Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl*
  4. Madden NFL 22
  5. Battlefield 2042
  6. Mario Kart 8
  7. Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  8. Mario Party Superstars*
  9. NBA 2K22*
  10. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  11. FIFA 22
  12. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
  13. Minecraft
  14. Far Cry 6
  15. Just Dance 2022
  16. Forza Horizon 5
  17. Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
  18. Ghost of Tsushima
  19. Super Mario 3D World*
  20. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*

Yeah checks out

Haha! You idiot, GTA: DE isn't even on that list!

This post somehow isn't as stupid as what Strauss just claimed.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
The sad part is that he knows he's full of shit and it doesn't matter because people will still buy a game with the Rockstar logo on the box regardless.
As K from Men in Black put it: "The person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

Why are all these big videogame CEOs such fucking assholes? Zelnick, Kotick, Andrew Wilson, Guillermot.. just terrible people all around.

You have to be cold, calculated and obsessed with power/money. Not the nicest people.

fart town usa

Gold Member
My god.

Those games look like absolute shit but it's already been said 1000 times over.

I did notice the other day that the San Andreas remaster is available on the PS3 store, wasn't sure if that was a fluke or something. I also think that that version isn't the OG, it's the mobile port I think but still, I'm sure it's better than these new remakes.

Shrap

We did have a glitch in the beginning, that glitch was resolved. And the title of [sic] has done just great for the company.

What kind of bizarre phrasing is going on here? Is this guy a human or a terminator?

Do you expect they will place competent/honest people in those positions?

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Well since they put zero effort or money into making the game, I'm sure it was profitable.

The funny thing is, if these companies weren't so incompetent they would make a lot more money. Or maybe we're the ones who are wrong and people are just buying their garbage regardless.

There was no need for this to be botched other than they have to hit their ad deadlines.

I'll give Nintendo and Sony a lot of credit, they don't really do this. Microsoft would have released Halo Infinite looking like garbage had the reception not been so poor.

Goalus

As far as I remember they issued an apology which was seemingly well received. At least that thread got a lot of attention.

wvnative

This company is just as shit as Activision and Zelnick is just as much an asswipe as Kotick.

Hell I'm pretty sure Rockstar devs don't like him given a certain quest line in RDR2...

Barakov

During a CNBC interview, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick also appeared to downplay the major issues the remaster collection suffered from at launch.

When it was put to Zelnick that there were “some defects in the new Grand Theft Auto” and that the game might have been released before it was ready, the executive seemingly sought to diminish the issues and the impact they have had on the product’s commercial performance.

“With regards to the GTA trilogy, that was actually not a new title. That was a remaster of pre-existing titles,” he said. “We did have a glitch in the beginning, that glitch was resolved. And the title of [sic] has done just great for the company.”
:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:
So a fuckton of bugs is a glitch? This is further proof this guy knows nothing about games. All that time he's spent in the tanning bed has warped his brain.

AJUMP23

They wouldn’t publicly say it bad unless they were reporting to the shareholders, then they would only say it did not meet projections.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Last edited:
Top Bottom