• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two extends Agent trademark (again)

Hollow

My heart can't take it anymore.

Between this and The Last Guardian I can't believe anymore.
There is no belief left in me.

Squire

Banned
Im patiently waiting for this game to arrive right after shenmue 3 and the last guardian

This kind of comparison is always funny because we're talking about the same guys who bought Red Dead off Capcom, LA Noire off Sony and did ultimately release both 5-6 years after the fact.

Because that's the kind of time Rocjstsr is afforded. There's no reason to think Agent isn't coming out and there never was.

Exactly.

Bandit1

Jack Tretton comes back on stage at the end of the Sony conference and says:

I've got some unfinished business.

Rockstawr North presents Agent.

2403516-5585411898-joel_.gif

What if Agent is Rockstar San Diego's new game?

Didnt they work on it before it moved to North? Maybe it moved back while Rockstar North finished GTA.

Then again I dont think it really matters. Rockstar seem to work the same way as Ubisoft where every studio works on every game.

Gorillaz

What if Agent is Rockstar San Diego's new game?

Didnt they work on it before it moved to North? Maybe it moved back while Rockstar North finished GTA.

Then again I dont think it really matters. Rockstar seem to work the same way as Ubisoft where every studio works on every game.

Didn't San Diego implode just trying to make RDR? I remember reading the horror stories of it.

I think they will let North handle it.

This E3 is the last bastion of hope. Still though, I'm putting it right up there with The Last Guardian, Metroid Dread, and Half-Life 3. I don't expect to see it.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also if Agent still exists I would be surprised if it was a PS4 exclusive. I guess it'll be the FF13 of this generation with people acting shocked its a multiplatform game.

KORNdoggy

Also if Agent still exists I would be surprised if it was a PS4 exclusive. I guess it'll be the FF13 of this generation with people acting shocked its a multiplatform game.

I'd assume It will entirely depend on how much sony sunk into la noire (it was entirely funded by sony back then), and how much R* feel they need to pay sony back?

Didn't San Diego implode just trying to make RDR? I remember reading the horror stories of it.

I think they will let North handle it.

R* san diego is one of the biggest studios on the rockstar branch. Not only they have a pretty large staff (a lot of them are from RDR and before), they also have the RAGE technology group, the team that handles the RAGE engine, who powers all of their games.

It's very much possible that san diego is handling Agent.

Gorillaz

R* san diego is one of the biggest studios on the rockstar branch. Not only they have a pretty large staff (a lot of them are from RDR and before), they also have the RAGE technology group, the team that handles the RAGE engine, who powers all of their games.

It's very much possible that san diego is handling Agent.
I forgot they bulked up after Max Payne 3 didn't they?. They might be alright

Philippo

Ends of Sony E3 conference, speaker says "oh and one more thing"
Starts playing GTAV PS4 trailer
Everyone says "meh not bad but it's not a megaton"
The trailer ends and then all the theater goes dark
Some late '70s music starts playing
Live demo of a game being played with no commentary
Ends with AGENT COMING FALL 2015 ONLY ON PS4
Gaf never got to the megaton-bunker in time so every server is destroyed

dyergram

It weirds me out when people do these e3 fantasy stories and the end with us waiting over a year for said dream game.

I forgot they bulked up after Max Payne 3 didn't they?. They might be alright

they are, it's a team of over 150 people who contributed on all of rockstar's games since their main game RDR. Since RDR they are also working on a new project that it is still unannounced, maybe it's agent or a new red dead. The studio that got bulked up was Rockstar Toronto, where after Max payne 3's release, in favour of expanding the studio, they merged the rockstar vancouver studio (who did max) with rockstar toronto, which was supported by the government of ontario ( I am not a canadian resident, but it seems like it was a big pull to bring a lot of technology groups to the east of canada). The guys who did not join rockstar toronto, could choose other studios. Some went to San Diego, others went to other non-rockstar studios. All in All, if you take a look at San diego's staff in GTA V credits (they helped R* north a lot, just like north helped them with RDR), it's a pretty big team, and a lot of the key guys to RDR success are still there. Rockstar Toronto is working, according to a employee's linkedn, on a "Popular IP", which could be bully. Rockstar San diego had job ads for "a big open world project". We don't know which style Agent will follow, a linear game or an open world one. So i wouldn't single out Agent out of the picture, or even other studios working on the game.

The way rockstar works is like this: They have a main studio working on the game, and when the game is closer to release, it becomes a all hands on deck effort, with a lot of(if not all) the studios helping the main studio polish up the game.

Erban1

Do people think this is really happening or is that the joke?

It's still a listed game on Rockstar social club, so yea we believe it's still coming. Rockstar has taken their sweet time before. Max Payne 3 was originally slated for 2009, but didn't arrive until 2012, it's very possible they're taking their time with it.

I hope we get the open world goodness of GTA mixed with the gunplay from Max Payne

quickwhips

It's still a listed game on Rockstar social club, so yea we believe it's still coming. Rockstar has taken their sweet time before. Max Payne 3 was originally slated for 2009, but didn't arrive until 2012, it's very possible they're taking their time with it.

I hope we get the open world goodness of GTA mixed with the gunplay from Max Payne

I sorta thought GTA online was what this became and didn't think twice.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if this is multiplat now if it actually is still in development. Tretton kept dodging the question back at E3 a few years ago. He said something like you should ask Rockstar about that at this stage.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
Doesn't make any sense for this game to be PS4 exclusive. Sony doesn't have cash to burn nor do they have any exclusive game need. They already have very competent studios to deliver on next-gen platform like PS4.

Top Bottom