• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two: "highly anticipated new title from one of 2K's biggest franchises" in works

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The obvious answer is Borderlands 3, however Borderlands is actually a Gearbox IP; 2K just has right of first refusal. That being said, it could practically count as a 2K IP given the close ties.

StereoVsn

It actually could be GTA VI. When did GTA V release originally, Q3, 2013? Q4 2018 or Q1 2019 would enough time from that to produce GTA VI. GTA team could have been working on this alongside ports and online for quite a while now.

Hesh

Definitely Bordelrands 3, although I hope that Take-Two currently has a new Max Payne game in the works.

rickyson1

about time they released a new dora the explorer game

she already saved the snow princess,the crystal kingdom and the mermaids what will she save next?

bud23

It actually could be GTA VI. When did GTA V release originally, Q3, 2013? Q4 2018 or Q1 2019 would enough time from that to produce GTA VI. GTA team could have been working on this alongside ports and online for quite a while now.

"One of 2K's biggest franchises"

It's not a Rockstar game

Turkoop

Banned
I am totally not interested into a new Borderlands but Bioshock is a must-have. I can also imagine to see B3 this year at E3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The obvious answer is Borderlands 3, however Borderlands is actually a Gearbox IP; 2K just has right of first refusal. That being said, it could practically count as a 2K IP given the close ties.
If we put it in March 2019, that's almost three years after Battleborn, though that is still cutting it a bit tight by modern development time standards.

Jakoo

I think Tales from the Borderlands being free on PS+ was almost certainly a sign that a Borderlands 3 announcement is coming soon.

TftB did the herculean task of actually getting me interested in the Borderlands lore. I wonder if Gearbox will be able to actually capitalize on the world-building Telltale helped with there.

Welfare

OléGunner;237776235 said:
I thought Bioshock was put on ice akin to ME: A?

Isn't the main dude Ken working on some indie game with a small tam at Take Two?

Dev could have started in 2014 or 2015 from a smaller studio on a tighter budget.

Top Bottom