• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two: "highly anticipated new title from one of 2K's biggest franchises" in works

I think Tales from the Borderlands being free on PS+ was almost certainly a sign that a Borderlands 3 announcement is coming soon.

TftB did the herculean task of actually getting me interested in the Borderlands lore. I wonder if Gearbox will be able to actually capitalize on the world-building Telltale helped with there.
The only thing Tales did was expand on Hyperion's work culture, which you got a hint at from 2.

If it is Borderlands 3 I hope we get some kind of tie-in Season 2 of Tales from the Borderlands.

The only thing Tales did was expand on Hyperion's work culture, which you got a hint at from 2.

Uh...

Rhys is now owner/leader of Atlas Corporation.

Hyperion Corporation is in shambles and Helios Station now a smouldering ruin on Pandora; most of the surviving employees are now an outlaw tribal faction.

Digital Handsome Jack could (based on choices) still be alive to wreak havoc.

The Vault of the Traveler is a possibly huge deal. (an interstellar link to other Eridian Vaults on other planets?)

Sure seems like plenty of world and lore building to me.

notaskwid

The sequel to Ripper we've all been waiting for

njEi5Suk7RXCo.webp

If it is Borderlands 3 I hope we get some kind of tie-in Season 2 of Tales from the Borderlands.

Uh...

Hyperion Corporation is in shambles and Helios Station now a smouldering ruin on Pandora; most of the surviving employees are now an outlaw tribal faction.

The Vault of the Traveler is a possibly huge deal. (an interstellar link to other Eridian Vaults on other planets?)

I forgot about Atlas and Hyperion. The Vault is building off of the ending to B2 when it was revealed that there were more Vaults on other planets. I don't see
Handsome Jack returning regardless if you spared him.

Budi

I would love nothing more to be honest. There's nothing in their library that can top that.

Mafia mentioned in this thread would also please me, especially if they are capable of taking notes from what went wrong in Mafia 3. It did few things so well that it's a shame how the overall package ended up. I just wish it would stay in the same time perioid we just had.

Borderlands would be a huge disappointment. Just leave that to Telltale. They turned it into a fun ride, albeit very different from the original games so it doesn't really scratch that itch others might have.

Sounds like Bioshock. But do we need a new Bioshock game in a world that has Prey already? All the shock fans ever wanted was a System Shock 3 and we already have it now with Prey.

Gator86

Hope it's a new Bioshock. Then when it sells like absolute shit, like every other immersive sim lately, I'm going to be crushed.

Why does anyone think 2K is interested in making another AAA Bioshock? They shut Irrational down for a reason.

Borderlands is far more plausible.

Pagusas

Elden Member

Uh...

If we get another Borderlands, It shouldnt be on Pandora (based on the ending of 2, their are vaults everywhere).

Sounds like Bioshock. But do we need a new Bioshock game in a world that has Prey already? All the shock fans ever wanted was a System Shock 3 and we already have it now with Prey.

You are right, the normal human instinct when you like a thing is to not want any more of that thing, or things similar to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If we put it in March 2019, that's almost three years after Battleborn, though that is still cutting it a bit tight by modern development time standards.

Well, we know that Borderlands 3 is using UE4, so even assuming pre-production didn't begin until after Battleborn went gold, that'd still be somewhere around 2.5 years of active development. That sounds doable for a studio the size of Gearbox, even further assuming it's split across more than one project.

daveo42

Banned
Borderlands or Bioshock. While Bioshock 2 was okay, not sure if there should be another Bioshock game with Levine attached to it. Even if I'm fairly down on how Infinite was handled, another retread in that universe would be disappointing. I have zero stake in a new Borderlands tho.

shandy706

Bleh...please don't be Borderlands...I don't enjoy Borderlands.

The space thing sounds ok....maybe.

I want NFL 2k18 :(

You are right, the normal human instinct when you like a thing is to not want any more of that thing, or things similar to it.

I dont know if youve gotten the chance to play Prey yet. There is literally nothing more you could do to a game to make it a more obvious System Shock 3 except slap the SS3 name on it. Which Bethesda cant. How this game ended up coming out of a studio that never had anything to do with either series is beyond me. But trust me, 2k can't make a Shock game anything like this Prey. This is System Shock 3.

Stranya

I dont know if youve gotten the chance to play Prey yet. There is literally nothing more you could do to a game to make it a more obvious System Shock 3 except slap the SS3 name on it. Which Bethesda cant. How this game ended up coming out of a studio that never had anything to do with either series is beyond me. But trust me, 2k can't make a Shock game anything like this Prey. This is System Shock 3.
Harvey Smith worked on System Shock. Tho I think he led on Dishonored 2, with Raphael on Prey.

Jaraghan

IIRC, Randy already told us Borderlands 3 was in development last year. He even asked for people to come and get hired to help.

I would be so down for a new Bioshock.

Top Bottom