• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TAKE TWO - I salute you

The good news is GTA VI is very unlikely to be cross gen now. 2022 reveal at the earliest.
That doesn’t mean much. A lot of big games coming in 2022 are cross gen.

Knowing how greedy Take Two is, I would be surprised if GTA 6 isn’t cross gen honestly.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
I think this is what happens when you appoint a "Director of Diversity" at your company. They suddenly have a full-paying job and they have to do something to earn that money. Our old company set up a "diversity & inclusion team" within the HR department and I fucking swear they would just come up with non-existent problems in order to make e-learning materials about them.
It's insidious really.

These companies have all literally replaced "Equality" with "Equity" overnight. Their "DEI" is no longer "Diversity, Equality and Inclusiveness" it's "Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness".

This was not done in the shadows. It was as blatant as it gets, and it's scary how quickly it transpired without any pushback whatsoever.

DEI hires are literally worthless. They contribute nothing to the stability of the company, and in fact I'd argue they destabilize companies and make them more volatile and quick to fail. But that's who are running HR and Recruitment everywhere as well. Not just gaming by all means.

That looked so low budget lol I cant lie, especially after MS conference the night before. Especially with everyone having the shitty gray background...I would of thought this was an indie studio of 3 people conference rather than T2 that is behind some of the biggest earning games.

supernova8

Banned
It's insidious really.

These companies have all literally replaced "Equality" with "Equity" overnight. Their "DEI" is no longer "Diversity, Equality and Inclusiveness" it's "Diversity, Equity and Inclusiveness".

This was not done in the shadows. It was as blatant as it gets, and it's scary how quickly it transpired without any pushback whatsoever.

DEI hires are literally worthless. They contribute nothing to the stability of the company, and in fact I'd argue they destabilize companies and make them more volatile and quick to fail. But that's who are running HR and Recruitment everywhere as well. Not just gaming by all means.

Well DEI hires are a bit like consultants. It's not in their interest for the "problem" to be solved. They'd be out of a job.

Sacred

This was 12 minutes of propaganda and marxism on full display. We don't care about the diversity quota, we want developers, artists, composers, programmers, and testers that do the best damn job to make the best games. You forcing this shit down people's throats is not going help your company T2, it going to make you a giant joke.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Wait, they couldn't even be bothered to show a one or two minute teaser for the gta v remake?

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Ultra bad and fuck whoever OK-ed this.

The lowest possible effort was put into this. It looked poor, the """discussion""" was extremely poorly structured and never really got beyond "it's not fair!!!". Absolutely heinous in its messaging, implying there are "big problems" in videogames trying to guilt trip me.

This is without a doubt the worst E3 show I have ever seen. How dare you, Take Two? How fucking dare you use this platform, this globally celebrated apogee of videogame entertainment, for this filthy nonsense?

Disgusting.

Last edited:
Is this about the 15$ pricetag of GTAs from the PS2 era? Because if so, I‘d like to join the salute for one of, if not the greediest company of all-time in this industry!

CitizenZ

Banned
I watched the opening with it explaining their "vision and rules", turned it off and proceeded to put another nail into the coffin of Freedom and common sense.

“When I was teaching children I began every day writing this on the blackboard: "Do to others what you would like them to do to you", telling them how much better the world would be if everybody lived by this rule.” Thomas Paine

Last edited:

reksveks

And they even say it was about diversity.
Don't know why you keep yourself up for disappointment OP, it's all on you.

Also do we really need another thread complaining about gender representation or whatever?
For some people it's all about the 'culture war' and then the 'console war', its a bit weird personally

supernova8

Banned
Ultra bad and fuck whoever OK-ed this.

The lowest possible effort was put into this. It looked poor, the """discussion""" was extremely poorly structured and never really got beyond "it's not fair!!!". Absolutely heinous in its messaging, implying there are "big problems" in videogames trying to guilt trip me.

This is without a doubt the worst E3 show I have ever seen. How dare you, Take Two? How fucking dare you use this platform, this globally celebrated apogee of videogame entertainment, for this filthy nonsense?

Disgusting.

Yeah there was zero production value. I have absolutely no interest but you'd think, if not for the benefit of the three people who somehow care about this stuff, they would have made a bit more of an effort.

It was basically just a zoom call recorded/livestreamed.

Sybrix

My god, it comes across as so fake its embarrassing, these companies getting on the band wagon so they can show the world 'Hey look at us, we care!'.

Its even worse with the likes of Apple and Nike where they literally still use sweat-shops now to make their products

Reactions: GHG

nush

pYVnLUQ.jpg

Boss Mog

I used to be a big TV show and movie buff but ever since everything went woke, I've cut back my viewing by about 90% and have limited myself mostly to foreign films/shows. If gaming goes full on woke, you better believe I will do the same and cut back drastically, limiting myself to games developed in non-woke countries, by non-woke devs.

I just saw an interview by a North Korean defector who escaped and came to the US and was excited to be in this country and think for herself so she decided to enroll at Columbia university, eager to learn and study, but she said she found the level of indoctrination there far worse than in North Korea, she was reprimanded for expressing her opinions and basically had to shut up and accept everything the teachers told her if she wanted to graduate. It's really sad to see everything go down the shitter.

Last edited:
If they want diversity why won't they help those all black teams who can't get their games published? Oh wait they don't care about that they care about checklists intersected with lgbt, supposedly, but do it in such an aggressive way it makes everyone there look bad.

I don't think Take Two will realise that though. Even with the dislike ratio. They'll blame it on whatever.
Can't be a diverse team if more than one member looks like another. You need a perfect rainbow to be 'diverse'.

Go_Ly_Dow

GTA5, the most anti-woke video game of all time, that's the highest selling video game of all time.

Go figure Take Two, you fucking clowns.

INC

Just cancel E3

When the highlight is a scripted gameplay of a BF game, you know something is seriously wrong

Hilarious. What were they thinking?

The company I work for has a lot of diversity trainings etc and to be honest I don't mind them. Dial in, camera off, mute mic and enjoy a wee break from work.

THIS is exactly that kind of thing. Absolutely no idea why the hell they thought this was worthy of making public at E3. Its just internal HR nonsense that might be good for managers and project leaders. For customers? Hell no.

I'm not really sold on the "lack of diversity" in gaming as it really depends entirely on how you define "diversity" and what the focus is. Are we focusing on who makes the money in the industry or who gets recognised for good work or is it something even more specific.

Gaming from the late 80s onwards it seems that most of the games I loved were pretty much made in Japan. I didn't, for most of my life, even know exactly who was making my games. Its true that most of the people working on my favs were pretty much all Japanese but I never once thought "this is a problem".

In terms of games there is just so much out there these days and it's all made by so many different people I think you'd have a hard time arguing that the industry is not super diverse.

Unless we are simply saying the people who make the money are not diverse.

This is the kind of thing that companies should probably just keep as an internal thing.

Really strange to see this presented as a part of E3.

Fucksakes, it's not even professionally presented. Notifications going off when people are talking. Horrendous camera quality. Shitty plain white background that chops people's heads into weird polygon shapes.

So my take away here is that they want to get less white guys onto the conveyor belt of crunch and then when criticised on this they can say "but we are diverse".

This silly philosophy that games can somehow change the world is really just a bit rotten. If you want to make the world a better place then you gotta get out there and actually tangibly help people. Not sitting in a cubicle thinking "what if Link was a black lady in the next Zelda."

What about this contradiction?
40% of gamers are women.
Its rare for women to meet other women who play games.

Definitely the industry should be more diverse and I think representation IS important but this is just weird.

Nickolaidas

I think this is a good thing.

The faster companies will take a fall for getting their priorities mixed, the quicker things can get back to normal.

A company should be rewarded for making good games, not for hiring black people and gays.

Make me an amazing Dino Crisis game which looks amazing, plays like a dream, doesn't shove politics down my throat, and its devs can be 300 black lesbians for all I care.

What's the point to show a panel about diversity, inclusivity, minorities to the public? Are people interested in this topic in a week that is meant to be about games? Make this panel private or just publish it on your site.
I think it's meant to be a marketing exercise for the industry itself.

They paint working in the industry as some kind of amazing job where you'll show up to the office every day and all sing songs and eat ice cream as you all create 90+ metacritic score videogames that cure cancer and bring about world peace.

Its a fucking job. For the vast majority anyway.

Its all just nonsense corporate talk. Videogames can be a tool for social change etc etc.

Camaway2

Bravo TakeTwo! I commend your bold stance.
Now take it to the next level and condemn China's Uyghurs' genocide. As you are such a champion of human rights I am sure you won't have problems if one picks a free Taiwan/Tibet flag in one of your games or support the people of Hong Kong fighting for their freedom of speech, right? Right?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Why is diversity even such an issue with software / technology companies. Has anyone ever seen inside a development studio or lecture theatre of a programming class? It's diverse as fuck. Maybe these kids need to get their heads out of their asses and look at what's inside a games development studio, it's not as white as their SJW asses would like to think.

Receipts: I'm a minority with an IT degree and have worked in software for 15 years across about 10 different companies (I used to do consulting hence the large volume).
They had to cover, that they have shitton H1B-visa people from all over the world somewhere in basement, those who do actual work.

Birdo

Banned
Do none-white countries, like in Africa or Asia, have diversity quotas to hire more white people? :unsure:

I'm actually genuinely curious. So if any of you live out there, let us know.

jigglet

Banned
Do none-white countries, like in Africa or Asia, have diversity quotas to hire more white people? :unsure:

Not really as relevant though as they aren't aiming to be multi-cultural societies.

I've worked in Singapore and it's actually the opposite; I think it's legal there to have quotas to make sure a certain number are ethnic Chinese.

nush

China here, nope. White monkey job hires for credibility. African English teachers becuse those international schools don't want to pony up for whitey. You really are (As a white person) a higher paid diversity hire, they don't listen to you and they only send you out to smooth things over when they have fucked up and been caught becuse "Your also white so our white customers won't get mad with you" except it doesn't work and your just being sent out to be the criticism shield. I know it's bullshit, but hey I get paid more and get left alone 90% of the time so fuck it get that paper.

Top Bottom