• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two Results for Q3 FY2016: GTA V ships over 60 million copies

what i hope for

RDR and Bully Remasters for ps4/xb1/pc (they will surprise us this year)
2017 RDR2 release
2018 Bully 2 release
2019 GTA6 release
next gen starts here
2020 PS5/XB2
2021 GTA6 Remaster

BELIEVE!

I think they would rather release the PS2 version of Bully on PS4 with trophies. As for RDR remaster, I really dont think it will happen because RD3 is coming out, I can feel it...

thuway

I hope they release two GTA games this generation as opposed to one. They've been completely silent for the longest time with RDR.

By "sold-in" they mean "shipped", right? Why didn't they just say "shipped"? Were they expecting to fool people somehow?

1.) Because sold-in is basically the official way most game companies put shipped in their business reports.

2.) Because for the purposes of their financial statements, sold-through doesn't matter. Once they've shipped/sold-in a title, they've made all the money they're going to make for the sale of the game.

breakfuss

I bought the damn game twice lol. Loved it. Well deserved. And GTAO heists is some of the most fun I've had in recent years with gaming.

Seriously how is this company losing Money?

Paraphrasing Zelnick, they don't rely on annual releases, instead preserve quality of their established and popular IPs.

Although, its possible that GTA likely has a primary role in supporting their financial income and economic expenses.

Take-Two loves those red numbers.

mnmt8usz.jpg

UrbanRats

where is that thread about people saying GTA was past its prime lol, insane

there is no way they can leave the table without sp dlc

There are more than 7 billion people on this planet, 60 millions is nothing.
In that sense you could say this game bombed HARD.

eerik9000

I'm 2 in 60 million. ^_^

~ 100 hours on Xbox 360.
Just a couple of hours on PC, waiting until I buy a proper GPU to run it at 1080p60, although I pre-ordered it a year ago!
And I have barely even touched the Online on either platforms.

Wow, ridiculous numbers. I feel like hype and post-release buzz hasn't been that big for this game (certainly not 60mil big), so this is surprising.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I hope this is sarcasm. Because futuristic setting sounds awful.
I don't think so. I think the series could use a bit of a change, and I'd trust Rockstar to make it work. Even if they don't do it for a GTA game, I'd love to see Rockstar try their hand at a futuristic open world game.

Wow, ridiculous numbers. I feel like hype and post-release buzz hasn't been that big for this game (certainly not 60mil big), so this is surprising.

Well, those numbers aren't still coming from us. More like every preteen and teenager who can convince their parents or scounge up money of their own.

I still have to give them props for the Heists though. 5 Raid scale missions for free is a feat to be respected.

Not even surprised they are at 60 million units shipped.
If anything I thought it would be a little bit more but amazing none the less.

Now please show us Red Dead 2 R*, it's been long enough.

I hope they release two GTA games this generation as opposed to one.

Lol two GTA games?! Pipe dream.

GTA V is already a service with online and raking in the dough.
You'll get GTA VI and that's it.

thats nice but im losing my mind not knowing what Rockstar does next, why hasn't there been any info about a new Red Dead, Bully or anything for years? i don't have the patience anymore! just give me a teaser trailer or a picture or a fucking tweet confirming a new game or anything, goddamnit.

:/

Muffdraul

I hope this is sarcasm. Because futuristic setting sounds awful.

I wouldn't want a "futuristic GTA" in the literal sense, i.e. snarky cynical satire in a futuristic setting. It would be like a Futurama open world sandbox game. (I'm there are at least a few people fapping to that idea now that I've said it.) But I remember in 2010 I was playing RDR and read that someone was making a Tron video game to coincide with Tron Legacy hitting theaters at the end of the year... and I imagined a game like RDR but in a Tron setting, riding around in a lightcycle rather than on a horse and exploring this huge glowing electronic open world... which basically caused me to fap.

Here is hoping they innovate wit GTA6 then. Im on the side that believes GTA5's open world lacks interesting AI and things to do. This could be good or bad. They can make something thats actually a step above GTAIV's mechanics and AI, or they can pull a Bethesda.

Top Bottom