• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS: Durango rumors discussed by anonymous source

Vamphuntr

"You're all morons if you believe the online only rumor" then "Oops my glasses rumor is no longer true but please trust me"

dorkimoe

First of all, for any of the GAF members reading this (or anyone else for that matter) that actually believed the online-required rumor, well.... you're either stupid, very gullible, or a fanboy. Reading the posts some of you made over the past few weeks leads me to believe that mostly fanboyism was involved. So, I'll make this very clear:

Best part of the whole thing. Been saying this for a month now.

Xbox mini/tv? Thats interesting..

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
This is from... a random Twitter account writing on pastebin?

True, but would you expect some well-known person to tweet it out and write it on their website or something? If I were leaking stuff I'd make throwaway accounts too.

Who knows if it's legit though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is a gaf member

but calls the rest of gaf dumb for believing the always online rumor

doesn't want to reveal who he/she is because they might lose there job too

lmao

My thoughts too. Haha. Good lord, this guy.

Danj

If Durango truly doesn't have always online, why would Microsoft not simply deny it instead of tip-toeing around the issue like they have so far? They surely must realise what a PR disaster it could be to allow people to think they're doing it when their competition has already specifically called out that they're not.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This does not really read as someone who knows specific details about Durango, but as some random gamer on a random internet message board. Just the way this "source" structures their sentences looks very...gamerish? Hard to explain

But it was a entertaining read none the less, thanks for posting.

Yeah, same feeling for me. The 360 SoC sounds so strange and different compared to what we've heard too.

Assuming this is true...

360 SoC stuff makes a lot of sense. nowgamer.com had a rumour about Oban being integrated into the Durango, and we know they did create the Oban SoC (a shrunk down version of the 360S SoC). I was having a twitter conversation with Charlie from semiaccurate and he mentioned that developers were briefed about Durango almost around the same day that Oban was taped out, so that could suggest that Oban is a part of Durango.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Makes sense. Also makes me curious about the pricetag.

see5harp

The whole using the 360 SOC for parallel processing seems really unlikely. I could see them including the 360 SOC just for BC but for actual processing, that seems like it would be a nightmare. The part about the Windows 8 RT for cross platform apps and games just seems like common sense. The idea that the new xbox and MS would not be supportive of indie developers or somehow worse than the Sony/PS4 is myopic.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The "fanboy" comment makes me believe this isn't true. People believed the always online rumor because a reputable source like EDGE reported it, not because they were "fanboys."

GavinGT

Banned
everything you read in that article was 100% correct. Except, for one tiny little detail that MS kept guarded from most devs until very recently. That detail being that every Durango ships with a Xbox 360 SOC.

That's a huge fucking detail that casts doubt on this for me. That other rumor had very specific details regarding 360 Mini/Durango integration. How could they get everything else right but be so very wrong in this one respect?

HA! interesting read!

Well I would be happy if true, but still waiting on how big of an % games are going to be on the nextbox.
What will the focus be?
And how will this focus effect everyone who does not live in the USA.

If more % = high for entertainment that does not come out anywhere but USA why would I want a 720?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
If Durango truly doesn't have always online, why would Microsoft not simply deny it instead of tip-toeing around the issue like they have so far? They surely must realise what a PR disaster it could be to allow people to think they're doing it when their competition has already specifically called out that they're not.

They haven't said anything about the new Xbox, nor that it even exists. They'll stick to their plan, no matter what comes out. I don't think it's affecting buzz one bit, especially if it turns out that it isn't "always online." People will just feel dumb for buying into that rumor for so long.

This is certainly the most credible rumours going around right now.

I'll just stick with VGLeaks Specs + Always-Online somewhere in between offensive and not + Mini for BC with no native BC.

Now show me, Microsoft.

jschreier

True, but would you expect some well-known person to tweet it out and write it on their website or something? If I were leaking stuff I'd make throwaway accounts too.

Who knows if it's legit though.

Well if I were someone who wanted to leak things, I'd contact someone at Kotaku who could verify my identity, corroborate, and then report those things. ;)

Azull

So were dumb for believing a rumor that someone who use to work at Microsoft practically confirmed it?

Ok than.

It reads more like a rant to be quiet honest.

Goldmund

If there's no required online, that's a good thing; full backwards compatibility is a great thing. I hope those two won't be the only positives of the new console.

Top Bottom