• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TALES FROM MY ASS IV: A wild German appears! +50 DMG to thread privileges

Krilekk

Banned
So apparently (two sources so far, one from an employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer) Sony has informed retailers that PS4 won't be playable at GC, it won't even be shown outside the business center. X1 on the other hand is fully playable with 100 demostations. What does this mean? PS4 delay incoming?

http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=1&msgid=3300745

Says: "Seems about right, no PS4 at GC, internal source" and he later clarifies that they were informed via telephone conference about the situation.

So apparently (two sources so far, one from an employee of Germany's largest electronics retailer) Sony has informed retailers that PS4 won't be playable at GC, it won't even be shown outside the business center. X1 on the other hand is fully playable with 100 demostations. What does this mean? PS4 delay incoming?

http://www.maniac-forum.de/forum/pxmboard.php?mode=message&brdid=1&msgid=3300745

Says: "Seems about right, no PS4 at GC, internal source" and he later clarifies that they were informed via telephone conference about the situation.

Doesn't bode well unless they have a surprise PS4-only event planned

Aspiring

If true big mistake by Sony. But can't see this being true.and isn't Evolution supposed to have an updated build of #Driveclub there, so must be wrong.

SgtCobra

They've been showing it to everyone and their moms, would be a tad stupid if they didn't have the console fully ready for Gamescom.

Bull.

Not sure on the playable part, but I can absolutely tell you for a fact there will be PS4 games in Cologne next week that'll be shown at least.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
That post is written by a guy that identifies himself as "generyx (spam@fuckyou.de)" and wonders why he can't find further information about his rumor on the internet. That must be some reliable first-class source he has.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
UzTta.gif

Well if true, this is certainly a monumental fuck-up. Europe is where MS have the most to gain, and they are sure to have a very loud showing.

cchum

If this is true, it would probably mean to general public. Journalists would probably still be able to play.

Endo Punk

Sony has been a little too quite since E3 regarding the PS4, only tidbits of news from existing titles but nothing major or new. If they truly want PS4 to make a big splash they can't afford to not show it at Gamescom, I mean MS are making strides with the X1 in terms of public perception. It's about time Sony puts the gloves back on and stop riding on the E3 success train.

Krilekk

Banned
That post is written by a guy that identifies himself as "generyx (spam@fuckyou.de)" and wonders why he can't find further information about his rumor on the internet. That must be some reliable first-class source he has.

He is 100 % legit. He might be kidding though but his second statement doesn't leave much room for that. I can see one problem Sony might have to deal with that would keep them away from the showfloor. If they haven't passed all the required certifications for the European Union their PS4s might be stuck at customs. And due to the holiday season they might have no chance to get the paperwork in and through in time.

JABEE

Sounds fake. They had PS4 playable at E3. Even if they didn't have it ready for GamesCom they still had stuff on the floor at Comic Con and at E3.

Sounds like bullshit.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I can see one problem Sony might have to deal with that would keep them away from the showfloor. If they haven't passed all the required certifications for the European Union their PS4s might be stuck at customs.

I go to technology exhibitions here in Europe all the time, and, seriously, the problems you describe don't exist.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
theres already rumors going round that the ps4 wont release in Europe till December anyway

Top Bottom