• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales from the WOKE: Space Buns are Afro Puffs, and Cultural appropriation store forced to shut down

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

Yes they are AFRO PUFFS, you filthy whites how dare you put that on your video game character. We will doxxx and destroy you for chosing a hairstyle in your video game.

Several Torontonians criticized Ripe Nutrition’s white owner Alexandra Baird for co-opting traditional Asian foods including bone broth and dumplings and marketing them as wellness items.

For many who took to social media to voice their concerns, Baird’s pop-up broth bar that opened just west of Trinity Bellwoods was especially egregious because it was beside The Golden Turtle Vietnamese restaurant which has been selling traditional meals using bone broth for decades.
How dare a white women open up an Asian restaurant. She is only allowed to sell bland potatoes and Macaroni!

Woke people are mentally challenged

Last edited:

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
If any black person says anything like this to me, I'm going to tell them they need to stop using Windows, cause Bill Gates is white, and they are appropriating my culture. If you think that what I just said is stupid, so is your argument about hairstyles.

Also they need to stop using Apple, and playing video games. Also stop watching anime please, anime was culturally appropriated by the Japanese from Walt Disney, a white man. Only white men can watch anime, everyone else needs to go sit in a corner and think about how racist their entire lives have been.

Last edited:

ExpandKong

Barlog's Bestie
Jan 9, 2018
It is somewhat comforting to know that in spite of a continued global pandemic, social unrest, and a rigged presidential election, there are still people in the world with nothing greater on their mind than motherfucking animal crossing hairstyles and the color of the person serving them fucking dumplings.

What absolute wastes of oxygen.

Kreen101

Sep 4, 2019

Yes they are AFRO PUFFS, you filthy whites how dare you put that on your video game character. We will doxxx and destroy you for chosing a hairstyle in your video game.

How dare a white women open up an Asian restaurant. She is only allowed to sell bland potatoes and Macaroni!

I suggest that non-White people abandon everything that, in their daily lives, was invented by White people. See how far they go.

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
It is somewhat comforting to know that in spite of a continued global pandemic, social unrest, and a rigged presidential election, there are still people in the world with nothing greater on their mind than motherfucking animal crossing hairstyles and the color of the person serving them fucking dumplings.

What absolute wastes of oxygen.
Honestly this stuff makes me mad. Everyone needs to watch the movie "They Live." It was a great movie that did a good job of depicting how people should address the issue of race in culture. Of the main characters, one is a tall blonde muscular man, and the other is a tall muscular black man. They become friends, through out the entire movie no mention is ever made of their race. If you were a foreigner and all you knew of American culture was this movie you might get the idea that no one in America knows or understands what race or racism is.

If we can live like the guys in that movie, we can have a great multicultural society. If we can't, and we must see race all the time, eventually a lot of resentment is going to build up and at some point the whole thing will fall apart. If you ask me when I was growing up if racism was a problem I would have said either no, or that to the extent it is a problem it is diminishing over time and we just need to not be dicks and it won't matter when enough time has passed without anyone needing to do anything. Now I think that was a fantasy, and that the natural course of things is that everyone will become more racist over time, and that eventually everyone will talk openly and very loudly about it in public.

Last edited:
Reactions: ExpandKong

SinDelta

May 21, 2020

America is supposed to be a melting pot of cultures.

These people are outright demanding cultural segregation.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Honestly this stuff makes me mad. Everyone needs to watch the movie "They Live." It was a great movie that did a good job of depicting how people should address the issue of race in culture. Of the main characters, one is a tall blonde muscular man, and the other is a tall muscular black man. They become friends, through out the entire movie no mention is ever made of their race. If you were a foreigner and all you knew of American culture was this movie you might get the idea that no one in America knows or understands what race or racism is.

If we can live like the guys in that movie, we can have a great multicultural society. If we can't, and we must see race all the time, eventually a lot of resentment is going to build up and at some point the whole thing will fall apart. If you ask me when I was growing up if racism was a problem I would have said either no, or that to the extent it is a problem it is diminishing over time and we just need to not be dicks and it won't matter when enough time has passed without anyone needing to do anything. Now I think that was a fantasy, and that the natural course of things is that everyone will become more racist over time, and that eventually everyone will talk openly and very loudly about it in public.
Just watched They Live last week. It really does feel like we are living in that world. With our media and corpo elites all in the bag together. But instead of subliminal messages it just outright propaganda that isn't even subtle at this point.

• Empathy
Reactions: SinDelta

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Again, no. I don't grab a qanon post and hold the all the right accountable
Find me some conservative or independent twitter users who are upset about this. Everyone I see seems to the be typical “pronoun in your bio” liberal stereotype.

and it‘s cute if you don’t hold onto qanon posts or whatever. Maybe you should tell other liberals to act as you do.

ZippyTheOtter

Aug 29, 2020
Find me some conservative or independent twitter users who are upset about this. Everyone I see seems to the be typical “pronoun in your bio” liberal stereotype.

and it‘s cute if you don’t hold onto qanon posts or whatever. Maybe you should tell other liberals to act as you do.
Did you just ask me to counter crazy left by giving you evidence of crazy right?

Like... What

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Did you just ask me to counter crazy left by giving you evidence of crazy right?

Like... What
I ask for evidence that it isn’t mainly liberals who are dog piling this chick.

Because so far it looks like it is, and it always is, liberals who do this shit on social media. Especially on twitter

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
Again, no. I don't grab a qanon post and hold the all the right accountable
It actually doesn't matter if the voices are few. The left has created an environment where largely white people don't want to talk about race unless its supporting whatever a black person said. This is creating racial animosity, and will slowly lead us into a world where you will be required to wear your racism on your sleeve. You might see a day where we have the opposite of wokism.

"You can't eat at that restaurant or you are racist,"

will become,

"If you eat at that restaurant you are not racist, you hate white people, and we will dox you."

Liberals are fine with radical tactics because of what is essentially a secular religion where they believe progress only goes in one direction. They don't imagine that as a result of using bad tactics, they could ultimately create an environment where people will oppress them with the tactics they used.

I think that under the surface a lot of people are freaking out because they are having serious doubts about whether or not we can have a multi-racial and multi-cultural society, and that huge amounts of people including very liberal people will lose their minds and become radicals on the subject the moment they become convinced it won't work in the long run. I think a lot of white liberals that are doing the doxing and leading the charge on virtue signaling will be the same people using the same tactics against minorities, and whites that are not sufficiently racist in the new paradigm when we enter it.

Reactions: jakdex

Reallink

Jan 7, 2008
A few people on Twitter don't make up the majority.

From what I can tell, most people are happy for the new hair styles.
That may be true, but Twitter is the majority's voice as far as corporations and the media are concerned. The true majority is utterly indifferent on this stuff, they don't care one way or the other.

Reactions: cryptoadam

ZippyTheOtter

Aug 29, 2020
It actually doesn't matter if the voices are few. The left has created an environment where largely white people don't want to talk about race unless its supporting whatever a black person said. This is creating racial animosity, and will slowly lead us into a world where you will be required to wear your racism on your sleeve. You might see a day where we have the opposite of wokism.

"You can't eat at that restaurant or you are racist,"

will become,

"If you eat at that restaurant you are not racist, you hate white people, and we will dox you."

Liberals are fine with radical tactics because of what is essentially a secular religion where they believe progress only goes in one direction. They don't imagine that as a result of using bad tactics, they could ultimately create an environment where people will oppress them with the tactics they used.

I think that under the surface a lot of people are freaking out because they are having serious doubts about whether or not we can have a multi-racial and multi-cultural society, and that huge amounts of people including very liberal people will lose their minds and become radicals on the subject the moment they become convinced it won't work in the long run. I think a lot of white liberals that are doing the doxing and leading the charge on virtue signaling will be the same people using the same tactics against minorities, and whites that are not sufficiently racist in the new paradigm when we enter it.
I'm going to do a compliment sandwich here

You wrote a lot of words
All of them are nonsense
You passionately think this

• LOL
Reactions: FreedomOfSpeech

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
I'm going to do a compliment sandwich here

You wrote a lot of words
All of them are nonsense
You passionately think this
If at some point in the future 60% of white people thought they will be discriminated against, and that they are hated by minorities, the way white people act as a group could change?

Nymphae

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I was listening to the radio doing some Christmas shopping today and it was on opera. After the song, the announcer is talking to some woman and he's like "so you're a POC, the opera world has certainly been predominantly white...", changed the channel right there.

I'm just so tired of this in every facet of life. I wish I could live long enough to see the pendulum swing the other direction once people en masse being to realize how retarded woke nonsense is.

Last edited:
Reactions: NeoIkaruGAF

ZippyTheOtter

Aug 29, 2020
If at some point in the future 60% of white people thought they will be discriminated against, and that they are hated by minorities, the way white people act as a group could change?
Well this is a new and very different argument. Start a thread of this is a problem you fully believe in.

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
Well this is a new and very different argument. Start a thread of this is a problem you fully believe in.
It's not a different argument from what I previously stated, it's just a simpler way of stating it. I believe that things like what was posted in the OP make white people more racist, and that if this kind of talk is not policed by some group of people that it will lead to race relations deteriorating over time, and that at some point this blows up.

I think that a lot of liberal people are using bad tactics. They cheer on stuff like this, and they know they can win any argument by just shouting "racist" at the person disagreeing with them whenever black people are involved. For this reason white people do not have an honest dialogue on race, and I think this is hurting race relations, and over time this will be a huge problem for our society.

ZippyTheOtter

Aug 29, 2020
It's not a different argument from what I previously stated, it's just a simpler way of stating it. I believe that things like what was posted in the OP make white people more racist, and that if this kind of talk is not policed by some group of people that it will lead to race relations deteriorating over time, and that at some point this blows up.

I think that a lot of liberal people are using bad tactics. They cheer on stuff like this, and they know they can win any argument by just shouting "racist" at the person disagreeing with them whenever black people are involved. For this reason white people do not have an honest dialogue on race, and I think this is hurting race relations, and over time this will be a huge problem for our society.
K

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil

Tell those woke motherfuckers that playing a Japanese console and game is cultural appropriation and only superior nipponic people are allowed to play them. It might work.

Also funny. Whenever I post a picture or video of my daughter eating Japanese food with chopsticks and stuff like that the Japanese and Korean go nuts and they feel really flattered and happy to see their culture being appreciated. White people are becoming more and more retarded every day.

One more thing. Why is it so hard to say fuck you to those idiots?

Last edited:

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil

I want to watch this movie now and I want to tell you my story.

Yes, It is possible to have harmony. I used to have a great friend, in fact, he was my best friend for a good 22 years. Let's call him F. We grew up together in Brazil. I'm European, he's Black, both born here. I taught him how to play guitar, music was our lives, and he was even the best Man in my wedding. In 2014 he was tires of being frustrated with his life and his bad decisions and he became enamored with the Idea of identity politics. That year my daughter was born. He visited me twice and started getting increasingly hostile towards me in the internet due to the fact that I'm somewhat succesful (nowhere negar where I wanted to be but I digress) and the fact that I did not agree with his ways. Fast forward two more years he never spoke to me again because I somehow became the enemy. The guy that was my best friend, my best at my wedding, now hates me purely because I'm white. He only has black friends now.

He talks shit everyday about white and European people while my Italian family treated him like family for his whole life. The mind virus is real, It is strong, and If you're a weak individual you succumb to It. I still live my life as I always did. Treating everyone with respect and being as color blind as I can be. But It saddens me that shit like this happens.

Last edited:

Taxexemption

Oct 11, 2011
I want to watch this movie now and I want to tell you my story.

Yes, It is possible to have harmony. I used to have a great friend, in fact, he was my best friend for a good 22 years. Let's call him F. We Free up together in Brazil. I'm European, he's Black, both born here. I taught him how to play guitar, music was our lives, and he was even the best Man in my wedding. In 2014 he was tires of being frustrated with his life and his bad decisions and he became enamored with the Idea of identity politics. That year my daughter was born. He visited me twice and started getting increasingly hostile towards me in the internet due to the fact that I'm somewhat succesful (nowhere negar where I wanted to be but I digress) and the fact that I did not agree with his ways. Fast forward two more years he never spoke to me again because I somehow became the enemy. The guy that was my best friend, my best at my wedding, now hates me purely because I'm white. He only has black friends now.

He talks shit everyday about white and European people while my Italian family treated him like family for his whole life. The mind virus is real, It is strong, and If you're a weak individual you succumb to It. I still live my life as I always did. Treating everyone with respect and being as color blind as I can be. But It saddens me that shit like this happens.
My concern is that if you have enough people adopt the attitude of your friend, it will make everyone more racist, and at some point that will lead to everyone being forced into groups, and right now white people largely view themselves as individuals. If you get a big enough group of white people to act like that black guy, it's over for race relations in our society. Everyone will be mad at each other, and I don't see how you would go back to a time like the 1980's or the 1990's.

To me the problem is that many liberals won't acknowledge there could be a problem with identity politics. If I heard a lot of liberals saying "this is a problem, they shouldn't act like that. You shouldn't get mad about white people using a hairstyle that is popular in the black community," then I would feel differently. I would think "Okay, this is a problem people are aware of. We will probably figure out some way to deal with this over time and maybe it will go away." Its the absolute refusal by so many people on the left to acknowledge that identity politics could be a problem that makes me think it is the future.

People on the left in regards to identity politics are purity spiraling. Anyone who says the wrong thing is at risk of being cancelled, so bad actors that want to cast others out of their social circle or "one up" each other are taking increasingly radical positions on the issue of identity politics, and then if someone disagrees with them they can then yell they are a racist or sexist that needs to be cancelled.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: lock2k

JordanN

Gold Member
Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
I was listening to the radio doing some Christmas shopping today and it was on opera. After the song, the announcer is talking to some woman and he's like "so you're a POC, the opera world has certainly been predominantly white...", changed the channel right there.

I'm just so tired of this in every facet of life. I wish I could live long enough to see the pendulum swing the other direction once people en masse being to realize how retarded woke nonsense is.
With the demographic shift, it's never going to happen.

Especially when all the boomers begin to die off this decade, I expect wokeness to multiply by 100. At some point moderates will need to realize the source of this nonsense is not political, it's cultural.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Nymphae

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
With the demographic shift, it's never going to happen.

Especially when all the boomers begin to die off this decade, I expect wokeness to multiply by 100. At some point moderates will need to realize the source of this nonsense is not political, it's cultural.
Don't forget that a large chunk of genexers have young kids. If half of them teach what matters the pendulum has a chance of swinging. My daughter is still young but just like my mom made me indoctrination-proof by actually explaining things to me over the years I hope I do the same for my daughter.

The main fault is not indoctrination by itself, It is the lack of parents who actually talk to their sons and daughters and they become weak minded and prone to be dominated. My wife's older sister is proof of that. She is the ultimate woke. My father in law had very interesting thoughts but he wasn't persuasive enough or interesting for his kids so he let the school teach her how to think. If he was alive he would be disappointed as fuck with how she turned out but he didn't do much to persuade her to share a mindset with him. Parents do not want to parent and that's why a large number of children and teenagers are easy prey for indoctrination - a building with no foundation is bound to crumble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durask and JordanN

It's Jeff

Aug 28, 2015
Listen, guys.

On behalf of my culture, I give you permission to eat Korean BBQ, bully your children into studying relentlessly, and judge the living shit out of anybody that wears shoes in your house.

There are people out there that believe culture, both positive and negative aspects, aren't meant to be shared. Seems like the fast track to being an asshole.

lock2k

Jun 13, 2018
Brazil
Listen, guys.

On behalf of my culture, I give you permission to eat Korean BBQ, bully your children into studying relentlessly, and judge the living shit out of anybody that wears shoes in your house.

There are people out there that believe culture, both positive and negative aspects, aren't meant to be shared. Seems like the fast track to being an asshole.
I'm addicted to kimchi lately and I haven't been wearing shoes inside the house since 1997. Thanks :)

Ps: I love Seo Taiji

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: It's Jeff

Goro Majima

Sep 2, 2007
These people are so easy to troll. Dear lord
Wouldn't surprise me if this started as a 4chan troll job and the actual crazies got worked up after.

Whatever it is I'm loving it for the entertainment value!

Last edited: