• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Arise Will Not Have Story DLC or Get a Sequel

sublimit

Banned
Tales-of-Arise-DLC-710x400.jpg

Tales of Arise Producer Yusuke Tomizawa confirmed that the title will not feature any post-release DLC story content. This information was shared through a Tales of Arise broadcast held on July 29, 2021. Additionally, Tomizawa mentioned that Tales of Arise will release as a complete experience and will not inspire a sequel or prequel. The game will also not be linked to any Tales of titles.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Tales of Arise and NEO The world ends with you, look to satisfy my JRPG needs this year đź‘Ś

I still haven't gotten Scarlett Nexus

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
So what does the ultimate edition get people if the game isn't getting expansions? :p

On the plus side, atleast I know I'm not missing anything with standard then :)

Some of the best gaming experiences I’ve had were in expansions. The Witcher 3 set the standard for how that can be done correctly to expand an already complete game experience. Dark Souls 3 had some good ones too.

Still, I’m glad in this case it means they aren’t rushing out a product they intend to complete later on, and especially glad that it’s set in a new original location and plot. I like the tales of games being unique separate experiences.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
*unless it turns out to be very popular.

Tales games are always standalone until they're not. A lot of the sequels, like Symphonia or Destiny 2 were releases many years after the originals with a lot of games in the midterm.

Anyway, Arise looks good. They're putting a lot into this one and hopefully bringing the series out of its AA doldrums and back to top tier JRPG status. Tales used to be up there with the best of the genre and I want to see it back.

Good, that's how it should be.
Tell a fun and complete story at launch with just the base game.

nah, they just specified no Story DLC.

Costumes are in.
There's already a beach time pack with the ultimate edition lol
Tales-of-Arise-Pre-Order-Bonus-Special-Editions-1-900x540.png

Hopefully all those outfits go up as dlc packs at some point since I could not afford that version of the game.
Given that long Ponytail of what's her name, I am surprised she does not have an outfit that makes her look like the girl from Zestiria that had a similar haircut, but the hair was red and green, Lailah.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I hope this game gets a demo. Would love to try it out even though I won't be getting it at launch.

kiphalfton

Tales of Arise and NEO The world ends with you, look to satisfy my JRPG needs this year đź‘Ś

I still haven't gotten Scarlett Nexus

ToA and Neo TWEWY look great... but I want to first play the older Tales games and the first TWEWY as I don't want the new QOL features in these games to spoil me if/when I go play older games.

I
*unless it turns out to be very popular.

Tales games are always standalone until they're not. A lot of the sequels, like Symphonia or Destiny 2 were releases many years after the originals with a lot of games in the midterm.

Anyway, Arise looks good. They're putting a lot into this one and hopefully bringing the series out of its AA doldrums and back to top tier JRPG status. Tales used to be up there with the best of the genre and I want to see it back.

I know barely any of the games are tied together, but I still want to play Tales of Berseria, Tales of Vesperia, maybe Tale of Xillia 1 & 2, and possibly eve tales of Zestiria and Graces F (despite not hearing stellar things about either of them).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Season 2 Reaction GIF by The Office

Was worried about having to buy the gold edition for $110 or waiting for a GOTY edition to get the full game. I just got done playing through Berseria (and played Vesperia in 2019) so I'm not sure if I'm ready to jump into another 80 hours Tales game just yet, but I'm also really looking forward to this. More so now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wich is the best Tales at this moment? Berseria? I want to play it but looks a little outdated...
The series is in a bit of a weird spot right now.

Tales of Berseria is the newest (story wise) but it's using the Zesteria engine and Zesteria was a PS3 game.
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is the newest entry in the series (by release date), but it's a remake of an Xbox 360 game using said old engine.

Sleepwalker

ToA and Neo TWEWY look great... but I want to first play the older Tales games and the first TWEWY as I don't want the new QOL features in these games to spoil me if/when I go play older games.

I

I know barely any of the games are tied together, but I still want to play Tales of Berseria, Tales of Vesperia, maybe Tale of Xillia 1 & 2, and possibly eve tales of Zestiria and Graces F (despite not hearing stellar things about either of them).

Play Symphonia.

Alebrije

The series is in a bit of a weird spot right now.

Tales of Berseria is the newest (story wise) but it's using the Zesteria engine and Zesteria was a PS3 game.
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is the newest entry in the series (by release date), but it's a remake of an Xbox 360 game using said old engine.
Thx...it seems better wait for this new game since those are from the 360 ps3 era

Wunray

🤔🤔 I might be confused but I don't believe tales of has had any story expansion dlc.

Edit: ok it looks like there have been more dlc drops than I remember.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
🤔🤔 I might be confused but I don't believe tales of has had any story expansion dlc.
Tales of Zestiria - Alisha’s Story

I guess this means that ToA is pretty much a complete game unlike the Hideo Baba games which had incomplete parts.

Wunray

I guess this means that ToA is pretty much a complete game unlike the Hideo Baba games which had incomplete parts.
Oh ya, that dlc was so horrible I repressed my memories of it.

I for one wouldn't mind story expansions if they're good and priced accordingly.

Amiga

Tales of Vesperia had a new version with an extra character and story content.

cripterion

This game doesn't have full VA right ? I saw some gameplay clip where the 2 MC had their mouths moving but no VA, looked incredibly dumb, I would have hoped for some VA dlc down the line.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

After being announced at E3 2019 and pretty much disappearing until earlier this year, Bandai Namco's Tales of Arise is finally set to release on September 10th for Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5 and PC.

Quite a lot has changed since the last title in the series, from the visual quality and scale of the world to the combat and skits. Let's take a look at 15 things you should know before buying.

Top Bottom