• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Berseria - E3 2016 Trailer

Zhao_Yun

https://youtu.be/8EKKW2g1gP0

UPDATE:

Bandai Namco just confirmed that the Japanese Opening song will be in the Western versions this time.

http://blog.talesofgame.com/en/japa...r-western-game-and-first-english-screenshots/

Also first set of English screenshots:
Berseria_E3-1.jpg
Berseria_E3-3.jpg
Berseria_E3-2.jpg
Berseria_E3-4.jpg
Berseria_E3-11.jpg
Berseria_E3-10.jpg
Berseria_E3-9.jpg
Berseria_E3-8.jpg
Berseria_E3-7.jpg
Berseria_E3-6.jpg
Berseria_E3-5.jpg

CCIE

Banned
Crap, I forgot about this game. That decides it. I have no time for the Xbox S, Scorpio, or the like. I'm firmly entrenched in the PS4 ecosystem for the next few years at least, as my PS4 backlog is going to be LARGE by next Holiday season. Is this Q1 2017 as well? Maybe pick up a Wii U or NX for the occasional Nintendo gem.

Too many games, and NOT enough time for a grown up to play them all

Zhao_Yun

Crap, I forgot about this game. That decides it. I have no time for the Xbox S, Scorpio, or the like. I'm firmly entrenched in the PS4 ecosystem for the next few years at least, as my PS4 backlog is going to be LARGE by next Holiday season. Is this Q1 2017 as well? Maybe pick up a Wii U or NX for the occasional Nintendo gem.

Too many games, and NOT enough time for a grown up to play them all

Yeah, I think this was announced for early 2017.

jurec84

Unconfirmed Member
It seems Bamco is really learning from their mistakes ... I am really looking forward to playing this! :) Hopefully before Persona 5.

Planeswalker

Neo Member
It seems like you get to see the perspective of non-Shepherd characters this time. Most of the main characters are fighting people on the Shepherd side it seems. (In Zestiria, you played as the Shepherd but in Berseria it seems most of the characters are against that faction it seems.)

I like how Zestiria and Berseria are in the same world/universe. Hopefully the connections are done well.

Zestiria was my first Tales game and it did have some problems (honestly, I felt there wasn't variety in the battles even on the highest difficulty) but most RPGs aren't the greatest or most varied in combat (the FF series all mostly play the same in combat; it's mostly about exploration and items).

I say Zestiria did a decent job with making me want to explore, do quests, get items (even though the battles lacked variety iMO).

Zestiria was also one of few single player games I bought in a long time (I usually just play StarCraft, some random MMOs, and other multiplayer games).

Zestiria being my first Tales games and being one of the few SP games I have played in a long time reminded me of the fun of SP games. It had problems but it's decent enough. I liked the characters, stories.

I'll be honest and say i like the fact you don't really kill anyone in Zestiria too. You're just purifying them and returning them to normal or letting them be put to rest. So, I appreciate the story for trying to present the protagonists as those types of characters that do not want to kill if possible; they're just people with superpowers trying to save the world.

Anyway, overall I'm excited for Berseria. Zestiria has a lot of flaws and if you've played other SP games, probably not the game for you. Hopefully, Berseria is the game for everyone this time as I loved what I got to play in Zestiria and I'd like to see more Tales games in general as there's lots of potential with the series.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really like the party members in this game. Eizen especially. They're much more subdued than the usual Tales cast (Magilou aside)

Philippo

The song is cool, the protagonist too.

I've been saying i'll give a shot at Tales since Vesperia but they all ultimately loose appeal just before i do the purchase.

Plus they always come out at periods in which i'm busy with much more wanted games.

Sesha

I feel like I should like this franchise. But why does the cast look like they were all designed by different character designers and all came from vastly different franchises? And why is the one in the frilly dress the coolest one?

Bladenic

I feel like I should like this franchise. But why does the cast look like they were all designed by different character designers and all came from vastly different franchises? And why is the one in the frilly dress the coolest one?

The games used to alternate between two designers, now they mix the two plus other designers up for just one game, making the characters lack consistency (at times).

Narroo

Oh lord, they have their own cheap knock off of SO5's Checkerboard which. She's actually better looking though.

Taelus

I wonder, did they purposefully make the outfits so awful to get you to buy costume DLC? Other than that, looks pretty cool.

Ydelnae

I wonder, did they purposefully make the outfits so awful to get you to buy costume DLC? Other than that, looks pretty cool.

They announced today 3 sets of DLC costumes that will be available the very same day the game releases, the full pack costs $55 lol

chrono01

Oh man, I'm so excited for this.

Any idea if this one will include Japanese VO as an option. I'm still saddened that I missed out on Miyuki Sawashiro's voice for Milla during Tales of Xillia. :(

Ydelnae

Oh man, I'm so excited for this.

Any idea if this one will include Japanese VO as an option. I'm still saddened that I missed out on Miyuki Sawashiro's voice for Milla during Tales of Xillia. :(

The game will include both Japanese and English voices and the opening will keep the Japanese voice track this time.

Zhao_Yun

The game will include both Japanese and English voices and the opening will keep the Japanese voice track this time.

I don't think we got official confirmation of dual-audio yet, but after Zestiria I am optimistic that it will happen again.

I own two Tales games that I haven't made it very far in (well technically 3 if you include Abyss, but that is probably a lost cause): Xillia 2 and Zesteria. Which one should I give a shot? I loved Xillia, Vesperia, and Symphonia.

Oh god, both the character and costume designs look so, so bad.

Yeah sadly I agree.

Love Tales but these yearly releases are killing my interest. Not enough variation in the games anymore.

They were pretty much always annual releases.

If anything they've slowed down a bit. Rebirth,Legendia, and Abyss were all released in a single year, and I'm sure there were some side games that came out around the same time too.

That aside I'm pretty hyped for this one even though I didn't care for Zestiria too much.

Every game looks the same now though. They really need to change the in game artstyle.

Agreed. Berseria looks decent and they're doing more interesting things visually, but it's still that awful Xillia style. I don't know why they haven't completely fixed it up yet, it still has that muddiness to it.

The costume design of the main character is awful. It's awful enough to prevent me from buying a game I would otherwise consider.

Top Bottom