• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces ƒ |OT| Gracing the PS3 with the Best RPG Combat

Yeah, it's pretty bad for me. I keep buying other games that i don't really want THAT bad just to keep my mind off tog:f. Being a week away is so much worse then not knowing the release date or not knowing if it would be released here at all but at least it will all be worth it.

Shouta

Got my copy ordered but I probably won't be playing it right away. No rush for me as I played the Wii version of the game.

Animekatt

I paid off my pre-order for this game. I can't WAIT until next week. Luckily I have Neptunia MK2 and Abyss 3DS to hold me over.

I've always played RPGs with a guide. Like someone said, I couldn't take it if I had missed something, since I just have to complete everything. I don't mind if I 100% the game. I know I would still play it again years later. Tales of Vesperia for example. I got the full 1000 achievements of the game, but I still would love to 100% it all over again. Don't have an Xbox now though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No one has claimed transparent background Richard yet. :(

daffy

Banned
sASsc.png

Y5UXn.png

Which one of these isn't taken yet? I'll take the first one for now until.

Astra

I haven't played a Tales game since Abyss. I don't have a 360, and don't know anybody who does, so I couldn't borrow the system and play Vesperia. =(

I was having Tales withdrawals, and was stoked when Namco announced this for localization.
Getting this Day 1 (or sometime within the first week).

In on day 1. Time to understand what people are saying!

I played the Wii version off and on and had a blast; playing it with the Wiimote was pretty good, if only because I didn't have to keep my hands together, haha.

There's also a distinct lack of rofl in the OP

Nice clean Opening Post. I'm playing the Japanese version at the moment with my limited Japanese, so playing very slowly.

The opening post is helping clearing up some confusion regarding the battle system.
I plan to pick up the English version as well.

jorgeton

Do we think the print run will be minuscule like ToA for 3ds? Might just get it day 1 and get to it later. My backlog has grown in the past couple of weeks!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Wait, what? I didn't realize this was coming out so soon.

Wouldn't mind having a good JRPG to play... well, assuming this one is good.

It'd be cool if it were on the level of the excellent Vesperia, but I'm not completely convinced yet...

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Wait, what? I didn't realize this was coming out so soon.

Wouldn't mind having a good JRPG to play... well, assuming this one is good.

It'd be cool if it were on the level of the excellent Vesperia, but I'm not completely convinced yet...

It's better. If that doesn't convince you then read my review. The combat should be the selling point of the game.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
It's better. If that doesn't convince you then read my review. The combat should be the selling point of the game.

I'm mostly just concerned it's a little too... modern anime-ish. Not really digging the character designs, so I'm just not sure if the characters themselves are gonna be too obnoxious for me...

Do we think the print run will be minuscule like ToA for 3ds? Might just get it day 1 and get to it later. My backlog has grown in the past couple of weeks!

That's is indeed a concern.. Seeing as they seemed to have made some gamestop deal i expect a decent print ..

Will get my copy as any self respected "Tales of" fan should.

I've had my copy preordered for months. Very excited, it will be my first Tales game. I wanted to play Abyss but never got to it, and would have been first in line if the PS3 version of Vesperia had made it to the west.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Alright, I updated the Avatars. You can claim what's left over now. If anything, I'll make new ones since they're so easy. If yall want em.

Ties

Banned
pfffft

I claimed a Cheria avi all the way back to before the OT was even finished. :p And I'm curious, are you already a Tales fan or are you a newcomer in the series?

Jucksalbe

Banned
What, there was "preclaiming"? ;)

I finished Symphonia, Eternia and Vesperia and played RM, DotNW, Phantasia, Legendia, Abyss and Xillia. So not a newcomer but not really an expert either.

CrazyDude

I have to wait for amazon to credit my trade in before I buy the game. With that I'll be able to get the game for seventeen dollars.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nice clean Opening Post. I'm playing the Japanese version at the moment with my limited Japanese, so playing very slowly.

The opening post is helping clearing up some confusion regarding the battle system.
I plan to pick up the English version as well.
I like playing games in both English and Japanese. It's always interesting to see localization changes or to see how characters were originally written. So I hope you're enjoying it while you're playing the JP version.

Typae said:
pfffft

I claimed a Cheria avi all the way back to before the OT was even finished. :p
lol, I had originally cropped a few Cheria avatars for me to pick from and use for Tales of Graces f's English release, but I like Tir McDohl and Genso Suikoden too much, and I don't really want to switch now...

Got my copy ordered but I probably won't be playing it right away. No rush for me as I played the Wii version of the game.
Yup. Same. I have too much stuff in the next few weeks to finish off. I'll start, but it's probably going to be a few months before I finish it off and plat the English version.

mmm 44eur from planetaxel or waiting for summer eu release?
choices choices...
my backlog is supposedly huge as is though :X

demonkaze

Whats the best choice to get this to the UK as fast as possible? I've always used videogamesplus.ca, not sure if there is a better choice at all?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Whats the best choice to get this to the UK as fast as possible? I've always used videogamesplus.ca, not sure if there is a better choice at all?

If they manage to ship close to release (that's sadly not a given), Planetaxel is much faster and you don't risk the game being stuck with customs.

Luigiv

Looking forward to this. The combat in the demo was super fun, I just hope the story isn't as obnoxious as TotA and I can actually finish this one.

ShadiWulf

looking forward to playing this game, I liked Vesperia

also... wow amazon is amazing.
im no longer a member of amazon prime, but i guess my tales of graces f order still qualifies for free release day shipping since it was placed before my membership expired, wasnt expecting that

... not that free release day shipping is a big deal, only like 2 dollars.. but still... just wasn't expecting that to happen, almost seems like a glitch. oh well. shouldn't worry about it

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Looking forward to this. The combat in the demo was super fun, I just hope the story isn't as obnoxious as TotA and I can actually finish this one.
I can assure you that the narrative/characters/character interactions didn't irritate me like TotA's did.

Also, there is no Mieu-like character!

Top Bottom