• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Graces (Wii) Tales of VS (PSP), Tales of Vesperia (PS3) JP sites open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I mean, I hold out hope, but it's one of those lovely situations where they seem to be falling back again and again
till they're no longer making Tales of games /duckroll
. :)

I can understand not bringing over ToG, but for ToV ps3 isn't the localization like 90% done because of the 360 version? Would it really be that hard to slap together the rest and release the game?

Even Sega managed to release Yakuza here.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
makingmusic476 said:
I can understand not bringing over ToG, but for ToV ps3 isn't the localization like 90% done because of the 360 version? Would it really be that hard to slap together the rest and release the game?

Yes, but Namco doesn't have a bunch of money to blow from sales of Sonic & Mario at the Olympics.

Rpgmonkey

makingmusic476 said:

There's a fair amount of new/old dialogue to voice and stuff to translate if you want a 1:1 localization of the port.

ToV PS3 is probably one of the stronger cases of a Tales game where little thought went into a western release/the western fanbase when they made it, unfortunately. :p

Stage On

Oh come on Vesperia sold something like 225k in north america which is hardly anything to sneeze at when you consider how niche the game is and how little advertisement it got.

Dawn of the new world did around 185k on Wii and even Radiant Mythology managed 155k on the psp

While those numbers aren't exactly setting the world on fire those are pretty good numbers for an RPG that doesn't have the words "final fantasy" in the title.

Symphonia proved that the series can sell well here if they actually bother to give it a proper marketing push and strategy.

God they miss mange Tales so bad it's no wonder they are in the red.

duckroll

Rpgmonkey said:
ToV PS3 is probably one of the stronger cases of a Tales game where little thought went into a western release/the western fanbase when they made it, unfortunately. :p

And that's a good thing. It seems all the Tales games which are created without the western market in mind sell the best in Japan (more than enough to cover worthless overseas sales):

- Tales of Destiny 2
- Radiant Mythology 2
- Tales of Vesperia PS3

Stage On said:
Oh come on Vesperia sold something like 225k in north america which is hardly anything to sneeze at when you consider how niche the game is and how little advertisement it got.

Wut? I don't think it ever passed 200k. Last I checked it barely passed 100k.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Stage On said:

Dawn of the new world did around 185k on Wii and even Radiant Mythology managed 155k on the psp

While those numbers aren't exactly setting the world on fire those are pretty good numbers for an RPG that doesn't have the words "final fantasy" in the title.

Symphonia proved that the series can sell well here if they actually bother to give it a proper marketing push and strategy.

God they miss mange Tales so bad it's no wonder they are in the red.

Huh? More like 110K in North America.

Cep

Banned
duckroll said:
And that's a good thing. It seems all the Tales games which are created without the western market in mind sell the best in Japan (more than enough to cover worthless overseas sales):

- Tales of Destiny 2
- Radiant Mythology 2
- Tales of Vesperia PS3

Rebirth as well if I remember correctly.

That thing sold gangbusters.

Kagari said:
Huh? More like 110K in North America.
I am guessing that chartz is being used...

duckroll

Cep said:
Rebirth as well if I remember correctly.

That thing sold gangbusters.

Not really. It sold a little more than TotA. ToD2 on the other hand is the highest selling Tales game in Japan ever. ToV PS3 is the highest selling Tales game this generation (still less than what Tales games used to sell). RM2 is the highest selling Tales spinoff.

Cep

Banned
duckroll said:
Not really. It sold a little more than TotA. ToD2 on the other hand is the highest selling Tales game in Japan ever. ToV PS3 is the highest selling Tales game this generation (still less than what Tales games used to sell). RM2 is the highest selling Tales spinoff.

Hmm, you are right.

Seems that Rebirth sold about 150k less.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
ShockingAlberto said:
I'd be pretty okay with them releasing Graces then being all fired and outsourcing all their stuff from there on out.
You could say they already did that with Vesperia and DotNW's original releases!

Stage On said:

Wow, posting chartz numbers. Not smart at all.

Sagitario

^ Speak for yourself :p

Rpgmonkey said:
Totally forgot Graces existed, lol.

Guess I'll be importing when I get a Wii this Summer and adding it to my collection of Japan-only Tales games... :p

Wonder if this year's Tales of Festival is when they'll finally use it for announcing new games instead of smaller announcements and trailers. Next HD Tales is definitely in the works, just curious to know when they'll announce it.

Same here :(

MrDaravon

I honestly couldn't find anything with the search and didn't want to make a thread if I don't have to:

Is Radiant Mythology 2 worth picking up?

I'd probably wait until it went Best Hits in Japan (surprised it hasn't already actually) and I finished the first game; however I enjoyed what I've played of the first game and I'm familiar with Tales games. Also it's been a few years so I'm super rusty on my kana but I could probably re-pickup my kana knowledge pretty fast, and I've gone through a few imports before (ToD 2 for PS2 being one of them).

So unless there's a huge language difficulty with menu and in-game navigation (which looking over at Gamefaqs doesn't seem to be the case) I can probably swing it gameplay-wise. But I'm curious if anyone in jGAF had picked it up or had any opinions either way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pooya

Tales of Vesperia First Strike is out for a few days now, anyone here got it? blu-ray impressions would be nice, worth getting overall?

and forgive me if you thought the bump is for news :lol .

miladesn said:
Tales of Vesperia First Strike is out for a few days now, anyone here got it? blu-ray impressions would be nice, worth getting overall?

and forgive me if you thought the bump is for news :lol .

simpsons-mob.jpg

duckroll

I'm locking this thread. It's way past the expiry date. If there's any news on future Tales games or localizations, make a new thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom