• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the Abyss 3DS Confirmed for NA by Nintendo Power

heringer

PounchEnvy said:
I'd buy Dawn of the New World over Crystal Bearers. All Crystal Bearers has going for it is a fun story, pretty graphics, and an in-game screenshot function. The actual game sucks.
Yep. I loved Dawn of the New World, haters gonna hate.

Crystal Bearers is crap. I remember it was one of my most hyped games this generation. Such a disappointment, ugh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Why would you do that? said:
I'd love to see your reaction to Symphonia 2's characters.

(Actually, Tenebrae made it all worth it.)
Tenebrae was fantastic, made the game worth it. "Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality" was... uh... I don't know what that was.

I liked ToS2. Not my favourite Tales game, but it stands on its own pretty well (but its battle system made the game easy). I look at it as "Knight of Ratatosk with Symphonia cameos". Haters gonna hate.

I've played weaker Tales games, though. Still trying to figure out if I liked or disliked VS. I didn't like Tempest much.

BY2K

Membero Americo
E3 can't be here soon enough.

2 months.

Holy crap, E3 is actually just 2 months away. O_O

heringer said:
Yep. I loved Dawn of the New World, haters gonna hate.
I loved it too, but I can easily see why others would hate it. Between the no overworld, recycled content, lack of certain characters leveling up, Emil being Emil, and the monster raising, it was pretty disappointing.

Personally, I loved the game because it had voiced skits (that were often quite funny), it was fast (no overworld = fast travel from point A to B), and the familiar areas and people sort of made it a nostalgia trip for me. And of course, that Tales battle system and music.

As a side note, I felt the game was a little hard. I'm sad that the All Divide (the item that gets me through tough battles in Tales games) only lasts for a short duration in Symphonia 2.

The new japanese release date has now been confirmed : 30th June.

I'm glad it's only a month after the initial date, I was bummed when they announced it was delayed and did not give another date.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo Power confirmed a US release.

There is a Nintendo Power scan online confirming an US release.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
cw_sasuke said:
Nintendo Power confirmed a US release.

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

XPE

The chance were always good for the 3DS port of Abyss with the translation already done its easy money for namco

XPE said:
The chance were always good for the 3DS port of Abyss with the translation already done its easy money for namco

And yet the fact that it took so long for them to announce it...
Also was there a date in the magazine?
Or at least a season?
Summer would be good. It shouldn't take much longer than the Japanese release.

AceBandage said:
Oh hey! Namco aren't a bunch of brain dead dolts, after all!
I mean

They kind of are.

They would have had the #1 or #2 title at NA launch guaranteed.

Now they're not even making launch window in any region.

VariantX

Was my second tales game after Symphonia, I loved and hated the game at the same time. Loved the improved combat and characters (well mostly Jade). Hated the backtracking that brought the pace of the game to a halt in the last 25% of the game.

madara

Oh yeah baby lets get the rpgs flowing early. Gladly play this game again. Winter town had me as giddy as child on christmas day.

It's awesome to see this announced, but I hope Namco Bandai Europe follow this up with an announcement of their own soon or I'm going to be left seriously regretting my EU 3DS purchase!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
AceBandage said:
And yet the fact that it took so long for them to announce it...
Also was there a date in the magazine?
Or at least a season?
Summer would be good. It shouldn't take much longer than the Japanese release.
My gut says it will come out before the end of September.

Sadist

The Alchemist Penguin said:
It's awesome to see this announced, but I hope Namco Bandai Europe follow this up with an announcement of their own soon or I'm going to be left seriously regretting my EU 3DS purchase!
N-B Europe: "what is this Tales you say?"

Finally an RPG for the 3DS in the US, please come early summer to make up for that companies delay of SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Day 1 as Ive been waiting to play Abyss for ages, watching Skill Exhibitions on the game just made me crave it even more.

Dedication Through Light said:
Finally an RPG for the 3DS in the US, please come early summer to make up for that companies delay of SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked. Day 1 as Ive been waiting to play Abyss for ages, watching Skill Exhibitions on the game just made me crave it even more.
I have a friend that is always saying how Abyss is better than Symphonia, and now I'll finally have the chance to check it for myself.

Bizzyb

Banned
Only makes sense given how barren the release schedule for 3DS seems.

Still, until I get an official announcement I'm not going to get my hopes up

Dedication Through Light said:

Hmm this is an new one for me. This release will probably be a late Summer and or early Fall.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Im freaking excited for this one. I never had the chance to play the first release (No PS2) so I will get this awesomesauce when released in the states. ^^

Aeana

Glad it's finally official. I heard that it was coming a while back and it was hard to not let it slip every time it came up. (._. )

NateDrake

Finally! I'll wait for an official press release confirming all this before getting my hopes too high. Don't need to be devastated later by NB.

I've only played the Tales game on the Wii and while fun, it was kinda weird. I saw my friend play one on the Xbox 360 and it seemed pretty cool, so I want to give this game a try. How does this Tales game compare to some other ones?

Aeana

NateDrake said:
Finally! I'll wait for an official press release confirming all this before getting my hopes too high. Don't need to be devastated later by NB.
Don't worry. This isn't just a passive announcement in NP, there's an interview with Yoshizumi where they talk about the NA version, and he even says that there will be more about ToGf and its platform very soon. Get excited.

NateDrake

StickSoldier said:
I've only played the Tales game on the Wii and while fun, it was kinda weird. I saw my friend play one on the Xbox 360 and it seemed pretty cool, so I want to give this game a try. How does this Tales game compare to some other ones?
The Wii Tales was a weak one. Abyss is far better and if you thought Vesperia looked cool then Abyss will deliver and impress you.

Aeana said:
Don't worry. This isn't just a passive announcement in NP, there's an interview with Yoshizumi where they talk about the NA version, and he even says that there will be more about ToGf and its platform very soon. Get excited.
Well, my hype has just skyrocketed. Please be a July/August release!

Top Bottom