• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of the Abyss (Working Title) [3DS] Announced

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'd be okay with a port, since I really doubt it's a proper sequel. Plus if it's a port Namco might actually localize it?

mutsu

Wow. Nice. Must be a port, but I don't mind. I never got to finish the game on the PS2 due to horrible load times. I really must get onto this when it comes to 3DS!

jj984jj said:
I'd be okay with a port, since I really doubt it's a proper sequel. Plus if it's a port Namco might actually localize it?
Just you wait '10 books full of new post ending dialogue!!' selling point rendering localization impossible for Hometek.

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

The M.O.B

Game felt like it was too long for me, took me like 60 hrs or so ( I don't mind long games, unless they are repetitive and or they drag on). For this game. A llot of the sections were a drag to go through.

Game was good, but not worth getting again.

TheKyle07

Funny, I had just read that the PS2 version recently got a reprint and was selling for like $20 at GameStop. I was going to try and find a copy... now I don't know what to do.

My god.. BN has just won my moneys!!*

*English version plx

TotA is still a fantastic game, only had a couple of issues in it but one of the best Tales of Games!!

duckroll

The first Tales game on the PSP was a ToE port, so it's not surprising that the first Tales game on the 3DS is a TotA port.

madara

The M.O.B said:
Game felt like it was too long for me, took me like 60 hrs or so ( I don't mind long games, unless they are repetitive and or they drag on). For this game. A llot of the sections were a drag to go through.

Game was good, but not worth getting again.

Couldnt disagree more. There is alot of Tales of Mediocrity but this one was one quite solid.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
TheKyle07 said:
Funny, I had just read that the PS2 version recently got a reprint and was selling for like $20 at GameStop. I was going to try and find a copy... now I don't know what to do.

It probably won't come to America. Get it on PS2.

madara said:
Couldnt disagree more. There is alot of Tales of Mediocrity but this one was one quite solid.
In most cases, I prefer longer RPGs, but I'd have to agree that Abyss felt a little too long. The second half felt a little uninspired, to be honest.

But it wasn't that big of a deal because I just treated the second half of the game kind of like a After Years type of thing, just some extra stuff for fans to enjoy.

Rpgmonkey

Paracelsus said:
Hopefully it's a proper sequel (aka ToTA2), not a straight porting or a stupid half-sequel like Ratatosk.

A prequel or sequel with some good effort put into it would be neat, but Abyss has enough little things that could be fixed, changed, or added in a port, that I wouldn't mind one.

HOLY SH*T !

Come on Namco, do it and port the other ones as well, I'm waiiiitiiiiing :D

Damn that's the best thing they announced for me today :lol

duckroll said:
The first Tales game on the PSP was a ToE port, so it's not surprising that the first Tales game on the 3DS is a TotA port.

They did release all of the other 2D Tales of games on PSP as well (except for Tales of Destiny) so I'm betting that we'll see all of the 3D games get ported to 3DS eventually.

vesp

Please localize, Abyss is easily the best of the series and it really deserves another shot at success (instead of launching along side ff12 with almost no advertising).

Paracelsus

Nuclear Muffin said:
They did release all of the other 2D Tales of games on PSP as well (except for Tales of Destiny) so I'm betting that we'll see all of the 3D games get ported to 3DS eventually.

If Capcom managed to port both SFIV and RE(5) on 3DS I wouldn't be surprised to see both Graces and Vesperia on it as well.

Jerk

Banned
Hopefully they add tons of new content. I have played the original enough that I would be perfectly comfortable playing this in Japanese.

wrowa

Jerk 2.0 said:
Hopefully they add tons of new content. I have played the original enough that I would be perfectly comfortable playing this in Japanese.
Hopefully not.

New content = new stuff to translate = less chances of a release outside of Japan :lol

Razor554

Holy shit. My fav JRPG last gen. Hope they add new stuff in there and release it in west... One can always hope, but its Bamco.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Jerk 2.0 said:

That just raises the chances of it never coming out here.

Top Bottom