• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Vesperia PS3 English Fantranslation released

I noticed that nobody has made a thread about this yet.
http://talesofvesperia.net/

You need a PS3 running on CFW 3.55 or higher to play it.

Tales of Vesperia Translation Now Available For Download
Patch information

If you have the means to run homebrew on your PS3, you can download a tool to patch your game files so that you can play the game in English. Please read the included readme carefully, as it contains information on how to properly apply and run the patch.
Disclaimer

Since there are websites out there trying to trick you into installing malware, let me state here that as of the release of this patch, there is no known software exploit to run homebrew on or downgrade a console that has been updated past firmware version 3.55. Do not attempt to downgrade consoles on higher firmware versions!

We cannot take responsibility for anything you may choose to do or install in the process of acquiring homebrew functionality for your PS3. Please do not try to modify your PS3 unless you are fully aware of and understand the consequences and possible risks.

Alternatively, you can play the game unpatched alongside an online translation guide:
http://hyouta.com/vesperia/

A Tales fan translation that isn't Phantasia related actually getting finished. Imagine that.

I kept an old phat CFWed PS3 around specifically for this.

Awesome that it's finally out. I've got the Japanese version of vesperia, but no cfw ps3, so I'll just need to wait a few years for rpcs3 to be able to play it.

Wonder if there'll be a tales of vesperia Z out by then lol

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Incoming Cease and Desist followed by Vesperia PS4 announcement.

Arxisz

YESSSSSSSS FINALLY I've been waiting for this to come out since...I don't even know lol. Big thanks to everyone who worked on it.

Holmes

Awesome!

I waited so long for this, and put CFW on my PS3..... and then I got so tired of waiting that I decided to just play the game last September/October with a script. I was able to platinum it. Amazing game!

It's a shame my PS3 is updated... I'd kill to play this. Still, I'm glad they were able to see the project through. I'd love to hear some impressions for the patch.

Holmes

My advice to those who want to play this but don't have CFW, and have also played the 360 version, go ahead with an English script. You will be fine. The only thing that you will struggle with is the skills. I wouldn't recommend playing the Japanese PS3 version if you have no experience with the English 360 version though.

Stuart444

Just remember, they have also released their script via that online translation website in the op so you can still understand it even without patching the game.

Aka I bloody hope this ends the "VESPERIA PS3 WHERE" people. It probably won't and people will be asking for it when the PS5 is out but I can hope.

Enjoy the game whoever plans on playing it with this translation. It's a good game.

sensui-tomo

I also wish i never sold my old CFW PS3 (i sold it before an update that allowed for higher firmware to work and thus none of the games past a point didnt work)but i sold it for a good $500. I did have a copy of the game and used the menu translation, sucks i sold my other ps3 too, so heres hoping for a future re-release at any point.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Sucks that you need a modified PS3.

I need to resume my playthrough of the JP version. Since i played the game a few times on 360, i was mostly just playing normally and checking a guide whenever new PS3 stuff came up.

FourMyle

I finally opened my sealed Jap copy of Vesperia, The time has come my friends.

TtinmsV.jpg

Alastor3

is this the new ps3 version with the pirate girl or the xbox360 version that is only ported to ps3 ? it seems a bit risky and my ps3 is updated, guess i should just buy a 360 with the original game

Holmes

I finally opened my sealed Jap copy of Vesperia, The time has come my friends.

Have fun! Soak it all in. I had a good 150 hours when I got my platinum and I loved every moment.
is this the new ps3 version with the pirate girl or the xbox360 version that is only ported to ps3 ? it seems a bit risky and my ps3 is updated, guess i should just buy a 360 with the original game
It has the pirate girl. Vanilla Vesperia was never ported to the PS3. You wouldn't be able to play it at the most recent firmware either way.

Mifec

Have fun! Soak it all in. I had a good 150 hours when I got my platinum and I loved every moment.

It has the pirate girl. Vanilla Vesperia was never ported to the PS3. You wouldn't be able to play it at the most recent firmware either way.

I already played it two times on the xbox rofl, I just love the game to bits.

Nanashrew

Banned

PS3 version has the pirate girl and extras. It's like the director's cut stuff.

This translation is for the improved PS3 port of Tales of Vesperia with the new playable characters, such as pirate girl (Patty).

sensui-tomo

There was only 1 ps3 version, which basically added Flynn and that pirate girl + more content and boss fights, more arena fights + ougis/ special arts for everyone and overall it was TOV Directors cut.

Raw64life

Definitely wishing I never updated my PS3 right about now. I'm still not over this not making it to PS3 in the west.

Still awesome that people found a way around it.

Incoming Cease and Desist followed by Vesperia PS4 announcement.

As long as it comes to the west I wouldn't have much of a problem with that.

props to the makers, but I unfortunately can't really ever be bothered to deal with this homebrew kinda stuff, always keeping an eye not to download any updates or anything too quickly. I don't really update the PS3 often anyway, but there's no way I'd have the right system verion still. Too bad, the platinum version ToV seems to be cheap to import right now...

I hope they make a definitive version of ToV for all systems.

Alastor3

The PS3 version with Patty.

PS3 version has the pirate girl and extras. It's like the director's cut stuff.

This translation is for the improved PS3 port of Tales of Vesperia with the new playable characters, such as pirate girl (Patty).

There was only 1 ps3 version, which basically added Flynn and that pirate girl + more content and boss fights, more arena fights + ougis/ special arts for everyone and overall it was TOV Directors cut.

Now im interesting. Can we downgrade a ps3 ?

So glad I got my slim ps3 cfw'ed (a second time). I ended up putting ofw on it for netflix a few years ago and regretted it but there is a hardware solution for people who uprgraded to ofw past 3.55. Incidentally netflix was recently patched to work without psn on cfw ps3s.

aravuus

I wouldn't necessarily call it "improved". It runs at a lower resolution than the 360 version. It has more content though of course.

So pros: more content, cons: lower resolution? Fuck yeah that's improved

Shame I have an up to date PS3. ToV is amazing.

Top Bottom