• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) - Release date, price, etc announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

It's still over 3 hours before the stream where Bandai Namco Games announces the release date and price for ToX2, but leaked information from Jump has confirmed that the release date will be Nov 1st 2012 in Japan. I'll update this post after we have more details of the price and the pre-order goodies as well.

Edit: Jump also reveals another character. Ludger has a brother - Julius Will Kresniki. Voiced by Toru Ohsawa.

Nore's updated his blog with Jump imfo. Alvin and Leia participate in battle and also have new outfits.

Also, the site updated with a little interview. Apparently they started working on Xillia 2 sometime during Xillia 1's development, and they kicked development into full gear once Xillia 1 was finished and they could bring more people over to development of Xillia 2. So Xillia 2's key staff is about the same as Xillia 1's.

The price is 8,380yen. Ouch. Preorder bonuses include a novel which covers the period between ToX and ToX2, as well as costume DLC, and a PS3 Custom Theme.

BY2K

Membero Americo
God damn, they are fast at putting those games out.

Wish I could say the same for the NA versions.

WHEN WE GET ONE!

WHEN WE GET ONE!

I say this jokingly of course but how you seen our track record with their sales? Or have you visited the often time doom & gloom vs hyper fan interactions in threads involving Tales?

They sure aren't playing around with the releases.

Rpgmonkey

Nore's updated his blog with Jump imfo. Alvin and Leia participate in battle and also have new outfits.

Also, the site updated with a little interview. Apparently they started working on Xillia 2 sometime during Xillia 1's development, and they kicked development into full gear once Xillia 1 was finished and they could bring more people over to development of Xillia 2. So Xillia 2's key staff is about the same as Xillia 1's.

duckroll

The price is 8,380yen. Ouch. Preorder bonuses include a novel which covers the period between ToX and ToX2, as well as costume DLC, and a PS3 Custom Theme.

Netto-kun

8380 yen for the regular edition.
icXUwDMs0IO0t.png

Pre-order bonuses. First is a short novel which will cover what happened between Xillia 1 and 2. Next is the Emil DLC costume. You'll also get a code for a PS3 custom theme.
i9iO8zSO21NiQ.png
iyF0WzDQXMCvg.png

Wow, 12980 yen for that Dualshock 3 bundle.
ibkMeAdjnzuTl1.png

LaLaBit Pack will include a calendar box (?) and figurines of Ludger and Elle. 11980 yen.
i1LyS0w12vreT.png

Famitsu Pack will include a B2 size tapestry with illustration by ufotable, six character clear files, a Lulu plushie and a Tales of Friends x Famitsu original mug. 11499 yen.
ihmaBObf0LWJ9.png

Edit: A new CM will be shown next Saturday (?), but Tales Channel+ members can watch it a day earlier.

Torraz

Nice. Looking forward to it. But ouch at the price... Do tales games have a history of getting a cheaper budget series re-release?

WHEN WE GET ONE!

First post nails it. I was hoping Graces would be our nice North American fill for the series today. In the end I found myself on the edge of my seat on the plot for the first playthrough, and then frowning and skipping almost all of the cutscenes on the second playthough.

An Emil costume? Who asked for that

i was about to post this i guess we can be sure that we'll get the symphonia 2 battle system music tied to this costume ...

Emil costumes doesn't fit the new character at all

Glad to see they're bringing the best Xillia character back.

Am i missing something ? whose xillia 1 character is back ?
Edit : nevermind
"Nore's updated his blog with Jump imfo. Alvin and Leia participate in battle and also have new outfits."

That's great ..looking forward to see leia new appearance..

Vamphuntr

I'm just glad it appears that you have a full party of "human" characters and not filled with some monsters you have to recruit like in ToS 2.

Sagitario

i was about to post this i guess we can be sure that we'll get the symphonia 2 battle system music tied to this costume ...

Good, because DotNW had excellent battle themes (both new and re-arrangements).
I just wish the music wasn't tied to the costumes.

Bladenic

Ew Emil's costume is terrible and looks even worse here.

Also, strange to see returning Xillia characters, I thought the game takes place on a different planet or something like that no?

Ew Emil's costume is terrible and looks even worse here.

Also, strange to see returning Xillia characters, I thought the game takes place on a different planet or something like that no?

To be short Lise maxia and elympios ( where the game take place ) are different dimensions while very close to each other ..
Some characters from Xillia 1 cast are from Elympios or have origins from both worlds.
You do visit elympios in the first game ( it's too late for spoilers at this point , now ) but you can't explore much.
For me having played the first game up to platinium , visiting the world i couldn't explore teh first time fully few years after is a good thing.

But i agree, the costume doesn't fit him

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So Alvin is back I heard. YES!

Good, because DotNW had excellent battle themes (both new and re-arrangements).
I just wish the music wasn't tied to the costumes.

I wish that costume didn't look horrendous on Kresnik. ugh... that shoulderless, strapless, dresslooking thing is even more ugly than it was on the Wii. *sigh*.

Sagitario

Well, I am not a fan of Okumura (I like Marta and Xillia 2 MC, though), but I feel nothing seeing the Emil costume. No repulsion, not "ugggh why? D:" reaction... nothing.

I am just like "OK, it's an optional costume". That's it. I don't mind it at all.

Though I admit I am a little bit excited for new DotNW arrangements.

kayos90

So... we had Star Driver in Xillia 1. Can we have Fate/Zero costumes please? Not that I'll buy them lol.

BY2K

Membero Americo
65% complete and it's coming out in 4 months!?

This is gonna be just as rushed as the first Xillia.

God freaking damn it.

kayos90

God freaking damn it.

I don't think Xillia was rushed, rather they took pieces of it and made it a sequel instead.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Ughhh that costume looks so bad. Glad to see Leia and Alvin back. Makes the purchase somewhat easier....

Well, I am not a fan of Okumura (I like Marta and Xillia 2 MC, though), but I feel nothing seeing the Emil costume. No repulsion, not "ugggh why? D:" reaction... nothing.

I am just like "OK, it's an optional costume". That's it. I don't mind it at all.

Though I admit I am a little bit excited for new DotNW arrangements.

i feel the same i'll probably EBay my dlc costme code onc ei get the game ..i don't think i'll want to play the game dressed like that

Sagitario

http://andriasang.com/con1p6/xillia2_promotions/

"For some reason, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada interrupted the broadcast to complain having to pay for swimsuit download content in past Tales games."

Ahahaha, Harada is quickly becoming one of my favorite game devs ever.

WOW! Fantastic! :D

i feel the same i'll probably EBay my dlc costme code onc ei get the game ..i don't think i'll want to play the game dressed like that

I wouldn't mind playing like that if what I would be listening is an awesome DotNW arrangement.

matmanx1

Not going to lie, I want that X Edition Controller to go with my X Edition PS3 but that's alot of money. Probably not worth it, honestly.

Rpgmonkey

Emil costume is pretty lame.

God freaking damn it.

Can't just rely on a random percentage as an indication of what has or hasn't been completed yet. :p

And mainline Tales games being released 5-6 months from their full unveiling/announcement isn't odd. That's actually the normal trend for the series, the ones that took 8-9 months are the real outliers.

frequency

I like the costume and am interested in the pre-order book so I'll probably be "day one" as usual. I need to learn how to better manage money...

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Harada is magnificent :lol
Now, talking about the game: what I've seen at the announcement seemed good, especially the modern environment, so different from other Tales of. And I hope the game will be good in the end too.

For the price...well, I was even expecting 9000 Yen this time, since it's Namco we're talking about, 8380 is like ToX1, right?

Unpopular opinion again, but I loved the Emil outfit (looked like a stylized take on what we think of ninja wearing, which fit Emil's high combo aerial shenanigans).

Couldn't care less about Alvin. Everything I've heard from people in this very thread makes me think you should kill that douchebag rather than have him in your group.

http://andriasang.com/con1p6/xillia2_promotions/

"For some reason, Tekken producer Katsuhiro Harada interrupted the broadcast to complain having to pay for swimsuit download content in past Tales games."

Ahahaha, Harada is quickly becoming one of my favorite game devs ever.

While i think it's a very valid complain , i'm hoping that tekken doesn't crazy with dlc this time either (i'm talking about costumes ) otherwise it's just hypocrisy

salromano

Jump scans are out (albeit hideously low-res). Leia's wearing a new yellow outfit with a blue scarf, black hat, brown shorts, and what look to be high stockings. Alvin's wearing a new black jacket with a yellow shirt (or tie or something, I can't tell).

Ludger's brother Julius is in the scan, as well. Though, we actually already saw him briefly in the first trailer:

Rpgmonkey

Leia and Alvin have nice designs. Julius isn't bad either.

Whether this game is good or not, so far I'd say it has the best character designs in the series (might not be saying much there though), so I'll at least give them props for that. Makes me sad that we're probably going back to exposed abs/chests, disco suits, and whatever the hell Milla wears after this. :(

Julius works for the Klanspias corporation. Can't see anything about Alvin or Leia, but based on the article they're both living in Elympios now. Julius is holding a weapon, so he's either a party member or an enemy.

Leia and Alvin have nice designs. Julius isn't bad either.

Whether this game is good or not, so far I'd say it has the best character designs in the series (might not be saying much there though), so I'll at least give them props for that. Makes me sad that we're probably going back to exposed abs/chests, disco suits, and whatever the hell Milla wears after this. :(

Julius works for the Klanspias corporation. Can't see anything about Alvin or Leia, but based on the article they're both living in Elympios now. Julius is holding a weapon, so he's either a party member or an enemy.

Related to the main character obviously means he's a villain
Until later in the game when he realizes he was fighting for the wrong side and joins you

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I like Leia's new design. Alvin's is pretty good.
I hope Elise isn't in this game.

BY2K

Membero Americo
They really went for a different style this time, with the whole "moders-era" thing going on with the character designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom