• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Zestiria appears in "making of" commercial for PS4 games in Japan

Soriku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0v4jticAAE

At 1:50 mark.

iRHpR18.jpg

Abriael

Banned
That's just an old sizzle reel playing on that screen. It doesn't show only Zestiria.

Hence. It's absolutely nothing.

Lucreto

This will be the last PS3 game I plan to get unless a PS4 port happens.

Didn't the director say he was surprised of the PS4 uptake in the west? It caused rumours of it being ported.

Edit: Found the article but it is dualshockers.

The demand for the PS4 version is roof top, and it will sell much better in the west than a PS3 version.

No way Namco and tales team didn't realize that yet.

Heyt

Banned
If it happens I hope it's just a port with no new content compared to the PS3 version. I don't want to be treated like a "second class citizen" when there is no reason to.

Heyt

Banned
free Alisha DLC + some costumes.

Also read in the impression forum that it is lacking AA and has frame drops which I hope are fixed.

Would be perfectly fine with that. Thats not *new* content, and better performance is the to be expected (and still, not content).

zeromcd73

Would be perfectly fine with that. Thats not *new* content, and better performance is the to be expected (and still, not content).
Forgot to add: Alisha is now with your forever and is the main heroine.

Tales of Zestiria AR: Alisha Returnz

Mendrox

That would be a significant chanche to the overall game desing and wouldn't make much sense plot wise as far as I know.

They would only have to change about 2-3 lines of text to change the story reason. Nothing that is unchangeable imo.
Of course the two kingdoms have beef and it would be a little bit stupid that the princess goes into enemy terrority, but she is also a knight and she could join later?

Heyt

Banned
They would only have to change about 2-3 lines of text to change the story reason. Nothing that is unchangeable imo.
Of course the two kingdoms have beef and it would be a little bit stupid that the princess goes into enemy terrority, but she is also a knight and she could join later?

But does having a non-kamui human in the party makes sense, wouldn't enemies would have to be accordingly adjusted to it to not render Arisha mostly useless in certain parts por the game?

Fisico

But does having a non-kamui human in the party makes sense, wouldn't enemies would have to be accordingly adjusted to it to not render Arisha mostly useless in certain parts por the game?

Totally, having a non Kamui character is a pain in the ass during battles (I even remembered Life Bottle existed because of her lol).
Also plot wise it wouldn't make much sense plot wise, sure it's doable but as it is it's totally fine, her not being there is a totally deliberate choice.

Mendrox

Not really. There would be no problem, because kamui form is just easy mode. It's just spamming arrow rain with Mikleo kamui or doing some MudaMudaMuda with Edna kamui. I don't like it, because normal enemies are a joke with kamui and bosses require at least one kamui character else you get one shooted.

The story reasons are really not hard to change and she could easily join for the latter parts of the game. As i said they only would have to change 2-3 lines for her reasons or just let her rejoin later on.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I suspect it will end up there at some point because of the west. Namco has already ported stuff like Godzilla and J Stars to PS4 despite no version there originally.

Son Of D

I suspect it will end up there at some point because of the west. Namco has already ported stuff like Godzilla and J Stars to PS4 despite no version there originally.
Yeah if they want this to sell at the best it could in the west, a PS4 version is necessary. Plus it being among the first JRPGs on the PS4 could help.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
If there's a PS4 version of a game that's not bound by a contract, not having it on PC is leaving money on the table, especially for those smaller devs who need that money to continue operation and justify development on non mobile games to big name greedy publishers. The nature of their architecture leaves no excuse

No XB1...?

sublimit

Banned
I always believed that it will come to PS4 eventually but i was expecting Namco to keep it secret for a long while.This will kinda ruin the western PS3 release.

RangerBAD

Any tweets of Japanese people burning their PS3 versions? I really think the cut was a mistake. Although it will come to the PS4, it's probably far from being announced or teased.

I always believed that it will come to PS4 eventually but i was expecting Namco to keep it secret for a long while.This will kinda ruin the western PS3 release.
If there were a PS4 version, it will be released with the PS3 version in the west at the same time.. To grab more sales as the game is still fresh and interesting.

sublimit

Banned
If there were a PS4 version, it will be released with the PS3 version in the west at the same time.. To grab more sales as the game is still fresh and interesting.

I don't know, i think Namco believed that Tales fans would be willing to double dip if they pretended that there wasn't going to be a PS4 version.

If there's a PS4 version of a game that's not bound by a contract, not having it on PC is leaving money on the table, especially for those smaller devs who need that money to continue operation and justify development on non mobile games to big name greedy publishers. The nature of their architecture leaves no excuse

No XB1...?

It might still be console exclusive to Sony, but PC isn't the competition just easy money

I don't know, i think Namco believed that Tales fans would be willing to double dip if they pretended that there wasn't going to be a PS4 version.
That's a big risk to release it only on PS3 and probably get low sales... And then release it later on the PS4 when people already lost interest in the game and moved on.

The best solution is to release the both versions together and get as much sells as possible.

salromano

Yah, I suspected this, too. With the Steam thing recently popping up, I think the possibility is even higher.

Top Bottom