• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tara Reade lied about her education; criminal cases might be thrown out.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018

All though this might look good for Biden. Remember this person was a life long Democrat. Now because she was lying about her education either innocent people went to jail or criminals will be set free.

Im team #believeallBidens

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
She got into a law school and got a JD with a fake BA? I find that hard to believe. It sounds like something fishy was done to get her through undergrad, but her not having a degree would have been caught in admissions.

It is so strange that the media is investigating everything about her other than the allegation and supporting evidence, which is all that matters.

Jan 17, 2014
She got into a law school and got a JD with a fake BA? I find that hard to believe. It sounds like something fishy was done to get her through undergrad, but her not having a degree would have been caught in admissions.

It is so strange that the media is investigating everything about her other than the allegation and supporting evidence, which is all that matters.
Oh man law schools barely check anything. Back when I was in law school we did those ethics seminars and the stories were crazy. Schools letting people in that were convicted felons for pretending to be lawyers and that was Northwestern a top 10 school.

They just want them sweet numbers. I mean so many schools are in trouble for faking their data so it’s no surprise. Shout out to friend working at Seattle U admissions now haha

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Egh I dunno about all of that. That would be a bit crazy
It doesn't make sense - she clearly got her JD:

So she almost certainly had to have an undergrad degree. IDK if the dean pulled some kind of string and granted her one (seems odd, but if the college and law school agreed it's valid it's valid) but I highly doubt she got into law school without it.

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
Oh man law schools barely check anything. Back when I was in law school we did those ethics seminars and the stories were crazy. Schools letting people in that were convicted felons for pretending to be lawyers. They just want them sweet numbers. I mean so many schools are in trouble for faking their data so it’s no surprise. Shout out to friend working at Seattle U admissions now haha
This was before the higher ed boom though, back in 2000. I can't imagine no one called her listed undergrad to verify her CV.

Now, it sounds like something odd went on with how she got the undergrad, but that is between her and the school. If they gave her credits or waived something somehow, that's on them.

Jan 17, 2014
This was before the higher ed boom though, back in 2000. I can't imagine no one called her listed undergrad to verify her CV.

Now, it sounds like something odd went on with how she got the undergrad, but that is between her and the school. If they gave her credits or waived something somehow, that's on them.
Well either way we will definitely find out soon. Is she barred in any state . If she was barred then you know she was actually vetted that’s an intense review of your background

Jan 17, 2014
The left 6 months ago: believe all women, even if the details of the assault don't add up and there's no evidence

The left now: there's evidence and testimonies to support Biden assaulting Reade, but she didn't pay a parking ticket 20 years ago so she's probably just a lying Russian criminal
Worst part is let’s say she’s lying about everything they will go right back to believe all women and kill everyone else when it happens to a republican.

Last edited:

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
It honestly doesn't matter either way. It's not going to take down Biden.
The current polling is that around 60% of Biden supporters will vote for him regardless of the allegations, but than means somewhere around 30%-40% are considering not voting for him. That is more than enough to do damage to his turnout in the general.

Unless you were talking about the nomination, though.

Reactions: onewingedhoneybee

Super Mario

Mario Mario
Nov 12, 2016
The current polling is that around 60% of Biden supporters will vote for him regardless of the allegations, but than means somewhere around 30%-40% are considering not voting for him. That is more than enough to do damage to his turnout in the general.

Unless you were talking about the nomination, though.
That assumes that people had their minds changed by this. There might be a few loud Liberals out there who lost their shit on it, but let's be real. At the end of the day, it's not about any actual stance or policy, it's the illusion of one. Weaponized sexual assault accusations have lost their way.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
In the end the net benefit is now this #MeToo witch hunt is dead. So I am pulling for Biden. After this Biden fiasco they can't pull believa women anymore.

And if she is proven to have lied just goes to show what life long Democrats will do to get a leg up. Maybe she learned it from her time serving under Biden?

Trey

Mar 3, 2010

They are. The information is either extremely hard to come by (sealed records in the Senate office, of which said office said they wouldn't release the record), or just doesn't exist in a physical form. All corroboration so far has been verbal in nature.

Woo-Fu

incest on the subway
Jan 2, 2007
It honestly doesn't matter either way. It's not going to take down Biden.
And it shouldn't. This has never been about Biden and has always been about the hypocrisy.

Regardless of what happened between Biden and Reade years ago we know exactly what happened between the #metoo movement, Democrats, liberal media, Kavanaugh, and Biden. Kavanaugh was vilified in a 3-ring circus, Biden was ignored while hiding in his basement. That happened, there's no way for the Dems or the #metoo movement to explain that away.

Did the Dems wield the #metoo movement in an attempt to prevent Kavanaugh's appointment? Yes.

Did they do just the opposite when it came to Biden? Yes.

Was mainstream media complicit in both? Yes.

The most interesting part of the whole deal from my point of view is how many of the Dems---whose very existence nowadays is predicated on being "woke"---have decided that sexual assault shouldn't stop a presidential candidate from being elected. Don't have to go too far to find the quotes, "I'd still vote for him even if he did do it." No coincidence that those quotes are coming from the same people who were the loudest voices in the Kavanaugh circus.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2011
Lying is not a good character quality and brings the integrity of other claims into question.
It does not, however, equate to defaulting to dismissal of other claims.

Evidence and due process is the standard. On all sides.
There is one side that consistently expresses a desire to uphold this standard.
There is one side that consistently expresses a desire to ignore this standard.

If you're on the "ignore" side then my response is simple:

I accuse you of committing a crime against me. Accusations are evidence. Enjoy jail.

Reactions: rykomatsu

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
That's very likely because the DNC has done its research and knows that the allegations are true. They have issued marching orders to friendly members of the press to engage in a smear campaign against Biden's accuser to soften the blow as much as possible as when the truth comes out.

The way people react to news is a very funny thing. They tend to latch on to the first thing they hear about someone and that's what sticks in their minds. Look at all the liberals that still believe in the Russia hoax, despite all of the evidence proving otherwise. If the media can paint Reade as a liar now, people will question her accusations against Biden, even if there's overwhelming evidence to back them up.

The left 6 months ago: believe all women, even if the details of the assault don't add up and there's no evidence

The left now: there's evidence and testimonies to support Biden assaulting Reade, but she didn't pay a parking ticket 20 years ago so she's probably just a lying Russian criminal
The left in a few months when they need to discredit President Trump's nominee to replace RBG on the supreme court: believe all women.

May 22, 2018
This is not going to help public perception of her and her accusations against Biden. Even though this has nothing to do with the accusations people will use it as a bludgeon to discredit her and her story.

• LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

OSC

Jun 16, 2018
Lmao, of course the Democrats and their media aparatus are going to ruin the life of a woman who dared speak out about being sexually assaulted. Anyone who expected different doesn't recall the 90s very well.
and the woke cancel culture will ignore the democrats and the media companies.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Biden opened his presidential campaign on the Charlottesville lie. I think we should all just ignore everything he says going forward since that is the standard.

Reactions: Zangiefy360

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
I'd love for the reporter to answer why they were looking into her undergraduate education. Who tipped them off?

And what does it have to do with rape? Is the moral of the story that you can rape any girl with a checkered past, because she can be discredited easily in the court of public opinion?

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I'd love for the reporter to answer why they were looking into her undergraduate education. Who tipped them off?

And what does it have to do with rape? Is the moral of the story that you can rape any girl with a checkered past, because she can be discredited easily in the court of public opinion?
The moral of the story is don't accuse old rich powerful democrats of rape. If any future dog faced pony soldiers get the uppity idea of accusing future dems of rape they know now what will happen.

I am not sure how many times the left told us that WAMANZ should be able to accuse anyone without fear of repercussions and they should be able to tell their stories as survivors. Welp looks like #MeToo was even bigger BS. So not only is it now #WAMANZareliars, but also if someone comes forward destroy their lives.

Torrent of Pork

Gold Member
Aug 29, 2018
Bartow, Florida, USA
I'll just bring this back up.
The best part is that we can lean back and say, "I won't condemn the man until there is credible corroborating evidence," with a big 'ol shit-eating grin on our faces.
Now, as far as I understand she still went to law school, and passed the BAR exam. Passing the BAR makes you a lawyer, not a fancy sheep skin. For God's sake I have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, and I drive a truck. A BA don't mean shit nowadays.

womfalcs3

May 11, 2007
1.) Biden has been vetted by the Obama campaign. The campaign may have missed some things, though.
2.) Why didn't Reid disclose this through the 8 years + 6 months of campaigning starting in 2008?

Her story sounds convincing, especially in that Megyn Kelly interview. And I know that sexual assault victims have their own reasons for not coming earlier. So I don't know.

But moreover,

Why would she subject herself to public scrutiny now?

Reactions: belmarduk

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
Why don't you hold Biden to the same standard then? Feels like a double standard.
In the United States, one of the principals of our justice system is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the prosecution... and Tara Reade's lawyer dropped her rather than represent her.

Zangiefy360

Cross Forum Drama ..........Queen
Aug 30, 2018
In the United States, one of the principals of our justice system is the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. The burden of proof is on the prosecution... and Tara Reade's lawyer dropped her rather than represent her.
You changed the conversation. Why, in your opinion, does one thing ruin Tara Reade's credibility but not Biden's? Or does Biden have credibility issues with you as well?

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006
I'll just bring this back up.

Now, as far as I understand she still went to law school, and passed the BAR exam. Passing the BAR makes you a lawyer, not a fancy sheep skin. For God's sake I have a Bachelors degree in Accounting, and I drive a truck. A BA don't mean shit nowadays.
I haven't found where she passed the Bar, but she got admitted into law school and got a JD (i.e. she graduated).

Either one is enough to prove she got a BA or got some kind of exemption, though.

belmarduk

Nov 19, 2019
You changed the conversation. Why, in your opinion, does one thing ruin Tara Reade's credibility but not Biden's? Or does Biden have credibility issues with you as well?
Its not changing the conversation at all. To my knowledge, Biden has not accused someone of a major crime.