• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tarantino casts actor to play Bruce Lee in All-Star Movie 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'

caffeware

Banned
After eight feature-length directing credits and more than 20 years atop the Hollywood hierarchy, director Quentin Tarantino has earned a reputation that makes any project he’s working on a big deal. The famed auteur’s next film, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, uses the infamous Manson Family murders of 1969 as its backdrop and apparently features a plotline involving famed martial artist and actor Bruce Lee, according to the latest casting report.

• Title: Once Upon A Time in Hollywood
  • Release date: July 26, 2019
  • Cast:Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Al Pacino, Dakota Fanning, Timothy Olyphant, James Marsden, Kurt Russell, Damian Lewis, Burt Reynolds, Emile Hirsch, Luke Perry
  • Director: Quentin Tarantino

The first look

Enter the Dragon

In August, Tarantino made another high-profile addition to the cast of real-world characters portrayed in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. According to The Wrap, martial artist and actor Bruce Lee will be played by Mike Moh in the film.

The casting of Moh is fitting, as the Inhumans and Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist actor has paid tribute to Lee in several YouTube videos.

Mike-Moh-Bruce-Lee-Once-Upon-a-Time-in-Hollywood.png

“I’ve been working on this script for five years, as well as living in Los Angeles County most of my life, including in 1969, when I was seven years old,” said Tarantino in a statement accompanying the announcement. “I’m very excited to tell this story of an L.A. and a Hollywood that don’t exist anymore. And I couldn’t be happier about the dynamic teaming of DiCaprio and Pitt as Rick and Cliff.”

https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/once-upon-a-time-in-hollywood-movie-news-cast/

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Is Samuel L. Jackson playing Charles Manson ?
You bet your ass he is gonna be in it and will also die in it

and there will be 500 n words in it.

Also Leo is so boring he always plays the same character

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa

Banned
I don’t know how to feel when the GOAT director casts Lena Dunham. More disturbing than the Gimp.

Geki-D

Banned
It’s mainly about the Charlie Manson murders as far as I can tell.
I thought this must be for another movie because I had no idea there was a connection between Manson & Lee, but apparently one of Manson's victims was his hair stylist. Apparently he taught Roman Polanski kung-fu too (Polanski's wife was killed by Manson).

caffeware

Banned
I thought this must be for another movie because I had no idea there was a connection between Manson & Lee, but apparently one of Manson's victims was his hair stylist. Apparently he taught Roman Polanski kung-fu too (Polanski's wife was killed by Manson).

Besides, its a Tarantino movie.

I hope this raises the profile of Mike Moh thus raises the prospects of a Street Fighter Live Action TV series. So far news has been eerily quiet on that front for the past 6 months. The cast isn't getting younger either.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
How do you not get Birth of the Dragon 2018 Bruce Lee to play this part? Anyone know if Moh is any good?

Top Bottom