• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Tarantino to the Mob Angry About Bruce Lee in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: 'oh suck a dick!'

tusharngf

Oct 25, 2017
What i have seen so far in bruce lee movies and videos. He seems like a guy who would fight anyone. If he gets his ass kicked on set then its a normal reaction. He aint no superhero or has superior power. He must have faced hard opponents in his life.

Hardensoul

Oct 4, 2020
I think it's bullshit, I don't think Bruce Lee is in no position at the era in Hollywood to be that arrogant or ass hole. It maybe the other way around where people be it stuntmen or extras would try to fight him due to his reputation as a martial artist. Bruce Lee didn't have no clout in Hollywood during the Green Hornet series and the series wasn't popular and got canned.

Kung Fu the series which was his brainchild got literally stolen and they cast fucken David Carradine a white guy as a traveling Chinese monk. Is that the clout Bruce Lee had to be an ass hole?

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
So, so salty that your idol wasn't perfect. Show us where the bad director touched you.

And Jesus, please spellcheck your shit before you try and sound clever. It takes 5 minutes and you wouldn't look like a 12 year old.

You sound really upset bro. Just know you’d be nothing but smiles in real life junior 👍

Last edited:

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
I love stories like this, where people just feel they HAVE to defend one person involved or the other - despite the fact they know neither of them :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Here's the thing: Bruce Lee could be an asshole. Guess what? Tarantino can be an asshole two.

So this is a bunch of people arguing over two dudes who both have asshole tendencies, trying to convince the other side that only one of them is the asshole, all because of some political identity culture war bullshit.

It's as fucking hilarious as it is a colossal waste of everybody's time.
And here you are dumbass 😂

• Triggered
Reactions: ArtemisClydeFrog

Soodanim

Feb 24, 2012
United Kingdom
Watched (most of) the movie for the first time last night. There was nothing about that scene (assuming he doesn’t turn up again near the end) that warrants more than a passing comment. It’s like getting mad that Steve McQueen told someone about the love life of Roman Polanski. It’s a work of fiction, any upset is artificial.

Reactions: Gp1

UnNamed

18+ Member, acts like 12 year old console warrior
Dec 21, 2006
Somewhere in Bananaland

meanwhile she look white as fuck but ok
In the end, it's all about "this is my story, and in my story Bruce Lee is a fucker".

carlosrox

May 19, 2020
Does he actually shit on Bruce Lee? If so, that's pretty shitty, especially since he's a huge movie fan.

Kinda sounds like he has a bone to pick with him if he's painting him as this big asshole when it seems he wasn't.

I have yet to the watch the movie, I like QT's movies so I consider myself a fan, but I'm not rabid or anything.

Guess I'll watch the movie for myself and make my decision then.

If his portrayal comes off as rather shitty then I'll probably agree with people that Quentin's being a bit of a dick, but if it's no big deal then no big deal.

His foot fetish stuff plastered in every movie is kinda cringe though. Like, we get it, you get off to feet, do I need to see his wank material in every movie? And I'm not even against foot fetishism, but just putting it in every movie is a bit tiring.

Zangiefy360

Banned
Aug 30, 2018
It's Tarantino's movie and he can do what he wants. Hollywood was the best movie of 2019, IMO. The reason that's he's one of the best is because he stays true to his vision, doesn't make movies by committee, and won't bow down to a mob that laughably thinks they can have any influence on his work.

I get a kick out of how Bruce's do-nothing woke daughter got so flustered she had to resort to racism as her final defense. What a heinous, hateful person she revealed herself to be. I wonder if she'd still be tired of "fucking white men" if they stopped buying her Dad's movies that fuels her privileged lifestyle?

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2007
Ireland
letterboxd.com
Watched (most of) the movie for the first time last night. There was nothing about that scene (assuming he doesn’t turn up again near the end) that warrants more than a passing comment. It’s like getting mad that Steve McQueen told someone about the love life of Roman Polanski. It’s a work of fiction, any upset is artificial.
The way I read the scene is that the whole scene is Cliff remembering. We learn from earlier in the film that Cliff is an unreliable narrator (in regards to how his wife died) so I took how Cliff remembered the whole scene with a pinch of salt.