• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target Black Friday ad is out

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those $30 door buster Switch games are definitely going to sell out quick.

I might have to bite on the $15 Resident Evil 2.

-Arcadia-

Banned
That PS4 deal is insane if it isn’t a ‘doorbuster’ or some heavily limited nonsense.

A PS4 for $200, plus three games. Probably doesn’t mean much to those of us who bought the PS4 straight away, but for casuals, that’s an amazing deal and reminiscent of PS2 gen prices and bundles.

Damn, my brothers been borrowing my ps4 to play the f2p gundam game lately. Maybe I'll tell him to grab the 200 buck bundle and I'll swag his copies of gow and horizon lol.

TacosNSalsa

Those arcade cabinets are smaller than I thought. Is it even possible to play 2 players? Too bad it doesn't have the best fighting game, Marvel Vs Capcom.
For two grown people? Not comfortably. Even by yourself it might be too small depending on your size

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Why buy a console when next gen drops next year?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A lot of us here spent nearly as much on the games that come in that $200 PS4 bundle as the bundle itself with the hardware now costs. Console + 3 excellent, well-received games is quite the deal.

Fbh

Some nice deals.

Looking forward to the offers retails will have around here. As usual I expect things in line with "BLACK FRIDAY FINAL MEGA SALE..... KILLZONE SHADOW FALL ONLY $14.99!!!!!!"

Maybe the people who wait for the console to be $199 with 3 games on black friday aren't going to go running to the store to pick up a Ps5 for $499 (?) at launch.
Could also be PC/Xbox/Switch Owners who want a Ps4 to play some exclusives or simply people that are short on cash or have other priorities for their money spending.

Last edited:
That PS4 deal is pretty nice... Got rid of mine 2 1/2 years ago to go all in on PC gaming. Hoping to pick one up again to play some of the exclusives I've missed out on since then. Or I could just ask Santa for one and hope his fat ass makes it down the chimney on Dec 25. Decisions Decisions...

Anyway you look at it wether you want to admit it or not it’s a pretty damned good deal.

It's not. If you look at the market is a super bad deal.
But I have to admit it, Sony is smart to exploit not so smart customers who don't care and don't follow markets and prices.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
2017: Omg a Ps4 Slim for $199 is insane
2018: Omg a Ps4 Slim with Spiderman for $199 is insane
2019: Omg a Ps4 Slim with 3 old $10 games for $199 is insane

That's why Sony is laughing at their fans and makes a shit ton of money.

Just Nintendo is worse going with the exact same deal from 2018.
What a joke.

PS4 should be $199 normally by now it is indeed a joke

jshackles

This is Sony's year.
Gotta agree on this one, that Xbox One X offering is pretty weak. $350 for the One X + Gears 5 is a good deal but like others have said there isn't much sense in dropping that much cash with next gen coming next year. The X is a weird choice because it's geared towards people that gotta have "the best".

Would have made sense for them to release a $99 SAD bundle.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Switch and mario kart? How about switch and a normal controller for normal people for 3hunna?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Switch and mario kart? How about switch and a normal controller for normal people for 3hunna?
wz5hn.jpg

7bd1d373d0a7bdd23e1ddcd501147afd.jpg

Last edited:
2017: Omg a Ps4 Slim for $199 is insane
2018: Omg a Ps4 Slim with Spiderman for $199 is insane
2019: Omg a Ps4 Slim with 3 old $10 games for $199 is insane

That's why Sony is laughing at their fans and makes a shit ton of money.

Just Nintendo is worse going with the exact same deal from 2018.
What a joke.
Yeah I actually agree with this, it's basically the same deal for the last three years with a change of games. I got Spiderman, Horizon and God of War for under $40 total like two weeks ago.

There's a point where this "insane deal" becomes just normal and expectation, $150 would be an insane deal, this is not.

Yeah I actually agree with this, it's basically the same deal for the last three years with a change of games. I got Spiderman, Horizon and God of War for under $40 total like two weeks ago.

There's a point where this "insane deal" becomes just normal and expectation, $150 would be an insane deal, this is not.
That is only a problem if you already own a PS4 and those games.

A price drop is coming, I am sure. But Sony is clearly timing it with the PS5 official reveal next year.

DESTROYA

It's not. If you look at the market is a super bad deal.
But I have to admit it, Sony is smart to exploit not so smart customers who don't care and don't follow markets and prices.
That’s just your opinion, I do think it’s a great deal for people that don’t have a PS4, you get a good system with 3 arguably the best PS4 games out free.
Can you explain why people are not smart buying this for lets say a gift for Christmas time for someone that hasn’t had PS4 this gen.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm actually going to be in the US on vacation over Black Friday. Definitely gonna try and snag me some bargains. Is Target the best bet for games?

D

Deleted member 738976

Unconfirmed Member
Those arcade cabinets are smaller than I thought. Is it even possible to play 2 players? Too bad it doesn't have the best fighting game, Marvel Vs Capcom.
Don't fall for them unless you plan to mod them.

Top Bottom